Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290096 times)

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
my biggest butthurt is when people say "alabama is a clear-cut #1"

really?  why?  if we played in a garbage conference, we'd look dominate, also.

I was reflecting on this today. Alabama's best win is Michigan. The only reason people thought it was good was because Michigan was ranked #8 at the time. Alabama has beaten 0 teams that are currently ranked.

Well, Michigan is ranked 22 right now, but they probably won't will be ranked in the top 16 at the end of the year.

My bad. Alabama is still pillowy soft.

UMich, however bad they might be, is going to win the Legends Division and then play a crappy Purdue or Wiscy (b/c OSU and PSU are ineligible) for the B10 title and likely win. There are too many big10 alum writers who will pimp them and put them in the top 15/10 because of this. Just stating the facts.

I don't think wins against UM will pan out to be anything to brag about.  They have beat nobody good and looked awful against the only 2 real teams they faced.  Of course, the team UM will be meeting in the big 10 champ., Wisconsin, has also beat nobody. However, Wisky's 2 losses were by 3 points each on the road to solid oregon state and nebraska teams, and they have been playing much better football since.  Meanwhile, UM is squeaking out 2 point victories at home against the Spartans and their Pop Warner Tiny Mites offense.  I'd be surprised if they make it out of Lincoln without a 3rd loss

All in all, I don't think there's a lot to worry about.  good teams will win, bad teams will lose.  enjoy the ride  :cheers:

You lost all cred when you mentioned nubb and solid in the same sentence.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2012, 10:42:54 AM »
my biggest butthurt is when people say "alabama is a clear-cut #1"

really?  why?  if we played in a garbage conference, we'd look dominate, also.

I was reflecting on this today. Alabama's best win is Michigan. The only reason people thought it was good was because Michigan was ranked #8 at the time. Alabama has beaten 0 teams that are currently ranked.

Well, Michigan is ranked 22 right now, but they probably won't will be ranked in the top 16 at the end of the year.

My bad. Alabama is still pillowy soft.

UMich, however bad they might be, is going to win the Legends Division and then play a crappy Purdue or Wiscy (b/c OSU and PSU are ineligible) for the B10 title and likely win. There are too many big10 alum writers who will pimp them and put them in the top 15/10 because of this. Just stating the facts.

I don't think wins against UM will pan out to be anything to brag about.  They have beat nobody good and looked awful against the only 2 real teams they faced.  Of course, the team UM will be meeting in the big 10 champ., Wisconsin, has also beat nobody. However, Wisky's 2 losses were by 3 points each on the road to solid oregon state and nebraska teams, and they have been playing much better football since.  Meanwhile, UM is squeaking out 2 point victories at home against the Spartans and their Pop Warner Tiny Mites offense.  I'd be surprised if they make it out of Lincoln without a 3rd loss

All in all, I don't think there's a lot to worry about.  good teams will win, bad teams will lose.  enjoy the ride  :cheers:

You lost all cred when you mentioned nubb and solid in the same sentence.

its k, i didn't have any cred to lose.  :dunno:  anyway, as bad as UNL's defense has been on the road, its been much better at home.  could just be schedule.  we'll find out.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC-102312/bmoc-salutes-texas-tech-red-raiders-heisman-race-jeff-driskel-more

Half the article is about how awesome Droge is and how he is now a legit Heisman candidate.  :curse:

Eh...in order for the Heisman to be a story they have to pretend like there is more than one guy vying for it. It's about $$, not about Doege Balbay having a shot

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
this season is a great example of why the polls shouldn't come out until after 4-5 weeks of play.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
this season is a great example of why the polls shouldn't come out until after 4-5 weeks of play.

Where would we be if we were actually ranked where we SHOULD have been at the start of the season?  2 in everything?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »

Everyone season is a great example of that, but yes, I've been saying this all year.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »

Where would we be if we were actually ranked where we SHOULD have been at the start of the season?  2 in everything?

not as worried as much about where we would be ranked as much as where alabama would be ranked.  they don't have a resume that screams #1

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC-102312/bmoc-salutes-texas-tech-red-raiders-heisman-race-jeff-driskel-more

Half the article is about how awesome Droge is and how he is now a legit Heisman candidate.  :curse:

Eh...in order for the Heisman to be a story they have to pretend like there is more than one guy vying for it. It's about $$, not about Doege Balbay having a shot

Oh my...

Offline williewest

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »

Oh my...

OMG WTF

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
Under Armour Tech.   :blindfold:

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
Looks like a baseball uniform without the buttons

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »
He needs to wash his goddamned face off.  rough ridin' dust and stuff all over it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »
There's an Insider article on ESPN.com about the top 5's chances to go undefeated.  I'm sure K-State's is 100%, but would like a cut and paste confirmation.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8540772/odds-alabama-florida-k-state-oregon-notre-dame-finish-regular-season-unbeaten-ncf

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »
There's an Insider article on ESPN.com about the top 5's chances to go undefeated.  I'm sure K-State's is 100%, but would like a cut and paste confirmation.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8540772/odds-alabama-florida-k-state-oregon-notre-dame-finish-regular-season-unbeaten-ncf

The BMOC article above has this in it:

ESPN's College GameDay research genius Chris Fallica has put together a formula that calculates a team's chances of finishing the regular season undefeated. Please don't ask me how to explain it. I'm still learning long division.

Anyway, the Fallica Theorem, as it relates to the BCS top 10:

Alabama -- a 54.2 percent chance of entering the bowl season undefeated.

Oregon -- 22.3 percent.

Kansas State -- 21.9 percent.

Notre Dame -- 17.7 percent (Fallica says if ND beats Oklahoma on Saturday, the percentage instantly improves to about 53 percent).

Florida -- 9.6 percent.

Oregon State -- 2.8 percent.

I'm sure the article expands on those numbers

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
Better than Oregon

3. Kansas State Wildcats
Most similar stat profile: 2008 Texas (12-1 vs. FBS)
Likelihood of remaining undefeated in regular season: 38.1 percent
No other team has a more impressive résumé to date than Kansas State, according to our drive-based FEI ratings. LHC Bill Snyder's team has been ruthlessly efficient, especially considering the competition. The Wildcats rank No. 1 in offensive points per drive (3.9) and No. 2 -- behind only Alabama -- in net points per drive (2.6). According to our data, Kansas State has played the 15th-toughest schedule to date and Alabama has played the 100th-toughest schedule to date.

Kansas State compares very well with the 2008 Texas Longhorns, one of the best teams in recent years that did not get to play for a national championship. Texas was also prolific (No. 1 in offensive efficiency, No. 1 in available yards earned), but it was denied a BCS championship opportunity due to a last-second loss to Texas Tech late in the season.

The Red Raiders may pose the biggest threat to Kansas State's undefeated season this weekend, too, though they'll need to find success with big plays to do so. This season, 24.2 percent of Texas Tech's offensive drives have averaged more than 10 yards per play, ranking sixth nationally. But Kansas State has stifled big-play threats from other elite offenses, most notably last weekend against West Virginia.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »

Oh my...

OMG WTF

Its his vinegar face. You can see straight into his lifeless, evil soul.

Get that out of here.

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »

Oh my...

OMG WTF

dat gum line   :sdeek:

Offline williewest

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »

Ok, so you have to wait until the end to hear about how much Oklahoma is going to give McShay a very large bon-er.  FUKC off ESuckPN

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2012, 05:19:44 PM »
I'm not saying the Red Raiders are going to win this one, but the Wildcats aren't going to do what they did to West Virginia this past week and win by 41.

WHAT A SHAZBOT OF A PREDICTION! WOW~!!!!!!! :dubious:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
I'm not saying the Red Raiders are going to win this one, but the Wildcats aren't going to do what they did to West Virginia this past week and win by 41.

WHAT A SHAZBOT OF A PREDICTION! WOW~!!!!!!! :dubious:

Not only that, but they are wrong
:adios:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
We just got some good love during the World Series.   :dunno:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
24.2 percent of Texas Tech's offensive drives have averaged more than 10 yards per play, ranking sixth nationally.

OU didn't let them get the big play either...and OU dominated in Lubbock.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »

Too bad people mute the TV whenever they hear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »

Too bad people mute the TV whenever they hear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver

joe and tim are great you dumbfuck

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »
24.2 percent of Texas Tech's offensive drives have averaged more than 10 yards per play, ranking sixth nationally.

OU didn't let them get the big play either...and OU dominated in Lubbock.

Is Techs offense good?

Played 4 Big 12 games
ISU 24 points - Meh
OU 20 points - Only 13 in non garbage time at home meh
WVU 49 - meh, Worst secondary in the big 12
TCU 36 points in regulation - Broken QB U (Iowa State) scored 37 against the Horn Frogs Meh

Tech Offense looks pretty meh to me.