Author Topic: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread  (Read 290034 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Media hates us, we get no respect, keep the chip on our shoulder thread
« Reply #1301 on: January 18, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »
Butthurt is starting to get out of control in this thread. :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 18, 2014, 09:26:57 AM »
Do you have a pulse? Good. Look at that ridiculous list.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 19, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »
They really should just use the final rankings from the previous season for the preseason rankings. It would be a whole lot more fair.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:12 PM »
Do you have a pulse? Good. Look at that ridiculous list.

Mods, please rename this thread Butthurt City. tia

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: January 19, 2014, 06:32:34 PM »
At this point I don't really give two effs about 'pre-preseason' rankings. I will start to get annoyed if we are getting shafted by projections a month or so out because then that actually does put us in a hole to dig out of and could affect the season.

They should just not put out 'official' rankings until the BCS computers do as well.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 19, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
At this point I don't really give two effs about 'pre-preseason' rankings. I will start to get annoyed if we are getting shafted by projections a month or so out because then that actually does put us in a hole to dig out of and could affect the season.

They should just not put out 'official' rankings until the BCS computers do as well.

Preseason rankings are very important. They are basically a tiebreaker for teams with the same record when it comes to postseason selections.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 19, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »

Preseason rankings are very important. They are basically a tiebreaker for teams with the same record when it comes to postseason selections.

Thats why I care about preseason rankings a month out, but what a SEC writer puts out a few hours after the NCG where a SEC school looses means little.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 19, 2014, 10:22:32 PM »

Thats why I care about preseason rankings a month out, but what a SEC writer puts out a few hours after the NCG where a SEC school looses means little.

Sorry, I misread your post.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 19, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
The good news this year is that preseason rankings mean much less than they ever have before. Win the Big 12, we'll have a shot at the NC.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 19, 2014, 11:30:12 PM »
The good news this year is that preseason rankings mean much less than they ever have before. Win the Big 12, we'll have a shot at the NC.

Not to be a killjoy but I doubt we would have been picked in '12, Baylor certainly wouldn't have been picked in '13 and OSU wasn't a certainty in '11

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 19, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »

Not to be a killjoy but I doubt we would have been picked in '12, Baylor certainly wouldn't have been picked in '13 and OSU wasn't a certainty in '11

If would have been undefeated, they would have picked us. We probably need to run the table.

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 20, 2014, 12:11:19 AM »

OSU would've been picked in '11, they barely fell short of the title game as it was that year. You are right about the other two though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 20, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »
If we beat auburn, we'll be fine as far as rankings go. Also that win would probably make a 1 loss conference champion cats team a likely candidate for playoffs.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 20, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
Any other year and not being ranked in the preseason poll would be devastating, but a win against Auburn this year would completely negate that.  Beat Auburn and win Big 12 and we should be in the playoffs if we go 11-1.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 20, 2014, 11:06:46 PM »

This could very well be fact.  :thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 20, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »

Since there's going to be two SEC teams every year, the other 4 conf champs will have to battle it out for two spots

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 21, 2014, 11:57:58 AM »

I agree on KSU and Baylor but it took poll shenanigans for OSU to not make the top 2 in '11.  While all three lost in the 2nd to last week of the regular season OSU was the only one the 3 to not be blown out. 

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 21, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »
Beat Auburn and win the B12 at 8-1 we are in.  Lose to Auburn and go undefeated in the B12 we are in.  Lose to Auburn and win the Big 12 at 8-1 and we are in trouble.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: February 10, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »
:curse: :curse: :curse:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10414082/alabama-crimson-tide-win-recruiting-war-moves-latest-way-too-early-top-25

Guess we shouldn't find that too amazing giving how the first way way way too early Top 25 didnt have us, nor after all the draft declaration were done in the way way too early Top 25, and now post signing day. But w/e Schlabach is pretty much an outed dumbass for still having Florida and Michigan in that crap.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »
Could care less where the bloggers have our RBs ranked right now.  It's only because we don't have a clear decision who it's going to be.  I think this plays in our favor actually since nobody has tape on our #1 back.  In the meantime ESPN ranks us 21 on their way too early pre-season top 25 (Auburn is #2), and rated our QB's #2 in the Big 12 following spring camp.
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:47 PM »
It has been hard to Read the B12 blog since Ubbens left...  do you know long it took to come around to respecting the opinion of a non-KSU specific blogger?  ...the feels.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile