Author Topic: Coworker quotes  (Read 69415 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Coworker quotes
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2013, 08:53:48 AM »
A local hire (Egyptian) asked why black Americans were more athletic than white Americans. Immediately got this response from skinny social science guy who wears glasses and a loose belt (<--I don't know why this detail is relevant but it bothers me):

That's actually a very racist misconception. The reason for the prominence of African Americans in professional sports is the inherently more disciplined work ethic of their urban culture due to desperation born of white oppression of other economic opportunities.

This was followed by awkward silence and everyone slowly backing out of the room and a very confused Egyptian.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:37 AM »
A local hire (Egyptian) asked why black Americans were more athletic than white Americans. Immediately got this response from skinny social science guy who wears glasses and a loose belt (<--I don't know why this detail is relevant but it bothers me):

That's actually a very racist misconception. The reason for the prominence of African Americans in professional sports is the inherently more disciplined work ethic of their urban culture due to desperation born of white oppression of other economic opportunities.

This was followed by awkward silence and everyone slowly backing out of the room and a very confused Egyptian.

Finally. Glad someone had the stones to say it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Microwave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2013, 05:39:12 PM »
Not from a coworker, but heard a gem from one of my english 415 class mates (in regards to community colleges being less prestigious than universities)

"I used to go to JCCC, the classes i took there were harder than the ones here"   :bang:

Engineer outed

:peek:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »

And that's why Michael Jordan's kid sucked at basketball.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

And that's why Michael Jordan's kid sucked at basketball.

TLBL?  :dunno:
:dance:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »
Surprised he didn't go the high upper calf muscle route or whatever

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Coworker quotes
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »

Extra tendon in the foot.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »

Higher testosterone levels?  :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Coworker quotes
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2013, 05:45:22 AM »

To clarify, we're making fun of ones we've heard, not trying to come up with new ones. Get your crap together, Brian.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
Co worker went to court to fight a speeding ticket because.   "I was going exactly five mph over the limit"

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Coworker quotes
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »
Co worker went to court to fight a speeding ticket because.   "I was going exactly five mph over the limit"

lol

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2013, 07:32:15 PM »

To clarify, we're making fun of ones we've heard, not trying to come up with new ones. Get your crap together, Brian.

Sorry Rex. I'll try to do better next time.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
Boss: "Hey Ell, why don't you go mingle at the Chamber of Commerce after hours tonight, someones gotta show their face from here"

Ell:  :dubious:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »
Coworker 1: "So the asteroid is going to hit this afternoon?"

Coworker 2: "No I heard the meteorite already hit like somewhere in Siberia.  Apparently it hit thousands of people.  I didn't even know that there were thousands of people that lived in Siberia!"

Coworker 1: "Heh. Yah. I thought it was vacated."
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »
could almost go into the political FB thread. anyway, Indiana coworker just came to my desk to tell me he got this great new email:

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that ... before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining for Arizona border guards. 'Times are hard', said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families!'

I mean, I actually think he thought it was real.

Oh, he also told me the Dow was going to lose 90% of his value this year, and he knows this because George Soros and Warren Buffet are unloading bank stocks.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
Boss: "Hey Ell, why don't you go mingle at the Chamber of Commerce after hours tonight, someones gotta show their face from here"

Ell:  :dubious:

should of gone bro, tons of puss at those things

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »
could almost go into the political FB thread. anyway, Indiana coworker just came to my desk to tell me he got this great new email:

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that ... before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining for Arizona border guards. 'Times are hard', said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families!'

Oh, he also told me the Dow was going to lose 90% of his value this year, and he knows this because George Soros and Warren Buffet are unloading bank stocks.

this guy seems like such a treat to work with

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »

this guy seems like such a treat to work with

He really is, especially when he goes off on management in a hushed voice. Sometimes he'll come to me furious to vent about someone in China calling something a screw instead of a bolt of something. Those are special times.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
oh wow  :lol:

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2013, 12:14:53 PM »
This happened yesterday in an office for the insane (keep in mind I am nuts but aware of my insanity).  I work with the troubled child and my fellow co-worker work's with the mother.

Blumpkin to fellow clinician: "Hey, I noticed the diagnosis codes were completely wrong on the paper work you were sending to the 
                                      state.  I'm pretty sure X17.32 is not and ICD-9 diagnosis code."

Fellow clinician to Blumperz: "Oh crap, that is my personal code for crazy across a myriad of disorders.  X is a confirmed diagnosis
                                       across 17 spectrums.  The .32 tells me she is 32."

Blumpkin to fellow clinician: "That's awesome.  I need to develop this kind of code for ladies I see at the bar."

Fellow clinician to Blumperz: "Just add another decimal and number for the boob size and you are good to roll for the ones that will do
                                       the kinky stuff...the kind of girl you usually go for."

Blumperz to fellow clinician: "You know me too well.  I owe you a beer."
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »
According to Microwave:  TJ Ford is better than any kstate player ever

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
 According to Microwave:  I with kstate was Texas

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:22 AM »
According to Microwave:  I with kstate was Texas

yeah, I agree with this one actually

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »
I didn't really care for "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

:sdeek:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »
I can't afford your $20 bracket because I'm poor.
  :frown: