Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 313768 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #3425 on: May 11, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »
Bqqkie got your ass pretty good there, spracs! While you spent time debunking his joke, 7 more demoncrats got indicted
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: May 11, 2020, 03:12:59 PM »
I guess Spracs doesn't understand sarcasm.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: May 11, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »
so bqqk clicks the first ad sponsored link that shows up in his google search.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: May 11, 2020, 04:07:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/QPatriot17/status/1228950347692920832

Not sure what's more appalling... that Renegade would openly say this crap, or that you lackeys eat it up and follow him to slaughter.

:sdeek:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/PV3_UHG73oQ[/youtube]

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: May 11, 2020, 04:09:22 PM »
This can't be good...  Run, Renegade, Run!!!

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status/1259930085177659399
bears are fast...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 13, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/mh4oh/status/1260638158351478790

Not really obamacare related but this is pretty shocking  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 13, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »
I don't think it's particularly shocking or surprising. Certainly isn't a good outcome. Wonder what the disparity was in 1800? Guessing similar?
:adios:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 13, 2020, 03:20:28 PM »
Imagine blaming income inequality for that disparity

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: May 13, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »
Joke's on them, they're still living in Columbus.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: May 13, 2020, 03:31:05 PM »
I don't think it's particularly shocking or surprising. Certainly isn't a good outcome. Wonder what the disparity was in 1800? Guessing similar?

Prob way worse.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: May 13, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »
I assumed a disparity of like 5-10, but 26 years is a third of a life.

KC is #3 at 23 years.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: May 13, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »
Imagine blaming income inequality for that disparity

Yea, those dicks that live under bridges got it made; no way they don't enjoy a long and enjoyable life.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: July 17, 2023, 08:45:00 PM »
decided to try and put this in an appropriate thread rather than keep going in the ukraine thread.  the rest of the tweet thread was also interesting.

https://twitter.com/kevinrinz/status/1680915705435226113
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: July 17, 2023, 08:52:51 PM »
btw Mexico doesn't have a single payer system

but rather has a system fairly similar to our own

i'm about four years late on this, but ime, this is misleading.  it's true that mexico doesn't have a single payer system, but i don't think it's all that much like ours.  they have a variety of public hospitals and medical services (state, federal, ones for various professional organizations and unions, mothers/children, etc) and then they also have a lot of private hospitals and doctors that (afaik) don't get any public money in any way.

other than the part about having a lot of different organizations providing semi-duplicative services, i kinda like the model for the u.s.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: August 05, 2023, 09:20:51 PM »
i know it's probably all very complicated and multifactorial and all that, but i can't help thinking this has a lot to do with the price of medical care in the united states.

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1687979970142830592

Offline SondraHenfling

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: September 12, 2023, 08:33:46 AM »
btw Mexico doesn't have a single payer system

but rather has a system fairly similar to our own

i'm about four years late on this, but ime, this is misleading.  it's true that mexico doesn't have a single payer system, but i don't think it's all that much like ours.  they have a variety of public hospitals and medical services (state, federal, ones for various professional organizations and unions, mothers/children, etc) and then they also have a lot of private hospitals and doctors that (afaik) don't get any public money in any way.

other than the part about having a lot of different organizations providing semi-duplicative services, i kinda like the model for the u.s.

I totally get where you're coming from regarding Mexico's health system and its complexities. Having had some personal experience in both countries, I do feel the U.S. system, particularly Medicaid, offers a bit more clarity and structure. For instance, the way it's structured around income makes it a bit more predictable.

I'm currently insured through Covering Central Florida, and the conditions they offered suit my needs perfectly. I pay about $400/month, which feels quite reasonable compared to other options I've looked into. The cost can vary depending on your income, so you can read about Florida Medicaid income limits to understand the criteria better.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 09:13:34 AM by SondraHenfling »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: September 12, 2023, 10:15:06 AM »
i know it's probably all very complicated and multifactorial and all that, but i can't help thinking this has a lot to do with the price of medical care in the united states.

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1687979970142830592
The American Medical Association needs to be changed. We should either double the number of doctors, or double their caseload by augmenting them with AI diagnostic tools, or both. I like the “both” idea best.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: September 12, 2023, 05:12:38 PM »
Thanks to this chart, my son wants to be a Dermatologist now.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: September 12, 2023, 05:42:18 PM »

Every med student wants to be a dermatologist. As far as specialties go, it has the most competition, so he'd better be at the top of his class. Good money for predictable, normal work hours.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: September 12, 2023, 05:48:14 PM »

Every med student wants to be a dermatologist. As far as specialties go, it has the most competition, so he'd better be at the top of his class. Good money for predictable, normal work hours.

Interesting.  I have a kid who is thinking law and a kid who is thinking doc.  My maybe lawyer is already at KU and we personally know a few lawyers that can give her a little perspective. 

My maybe doctor is 16 and is thinking KSU.  He loves Bio and is the kid in anatomy that actually is very interested in dissection and all things dealing with how all that gross crap inside us works.  We don't really know any doctors.  Between that and the fact that we haven't looked too hard yet due to him being 16, we are flying a little blind for right now. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: September 13, 2023, 09:45:55 AM »
I feel like if you’re confident you can excel at either law or medicine, the question is how long you expect to practice. Medical sure seems better to me long term since you spend a lot of time not making anything, but then you get a nice high salary and decent hours into your 70s or longer if you want.

Legal you can either make bank in the short term and transition to something more manageable, or you can keep grinding but would be tough to beat a good Dr. salary unless you’re bringing in your own business.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: September 13, 2023, 11:45:14 AM »
I feel like if you’re confident you can excel at either law or medicine, the question is how long you expect to practice. Medical sure seems better to me long term since you spend a lot of time not making anything, but then you get a nice high salary and decent hours into your 70s or longer if you want.

Legal you can either make bank in the short term and transition to something more manageable, or you can keep grinding but would be tough to beat a good Dr. salary unless you’re bringing in your own business.
There are hundreds of thousands of people in the country who have graduated from law school and do not practice law...estimated at roughly 40% of law school grads that do not practice lawZ. Over 90% of med school grads practice medicine.

I think a person is WWWAAYY better off going to med school. Like way, way, way better off going to med school. 

I think the better comparison is engineering vs medicine.  I’d compare law to marketing degrees…some do very well. Some chase ambulances / stock the end caps on grocery stores with promotional candy.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: September 13, 2023, 12:16:51 PM »

There are hundreds of thousands of people in the country who have graduated from law school and do not practice law...estimated at roughly 40% of law school grads that do not practice lawZ. Over 90% of med school grads practice medicine.

I think a person is WWWAAYY better off going to med school. Like way, way, way better off going to med school. 

I think the better comparison is engineering vs medicine.  I’d compare law to marketing degrees…some do very well. Some chase ambulances / stock the end caps on grocery stores with promotional candy.

If your resume is good enough to get into med school then you can get into a good law school and long term you will have a better quality of life as a lawyer for a good law firm than a doctor.  Those specialties sys posted are unicorn specialties. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: September 13, 2023, 12:54:06 PM »
Yeah to be clear I’m not taking about if you were assigned to a random job with a law degree vs a medical degree. I’m saying assuming you were able to excel at either. There are pros and cons in the upper tier of either field.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: September 13, 2023, 03:38:20 PM »
Someone want to explain why being a dermatologist is some unicorn career?