Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 317669 times)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #3225 on: September 22, 2017, 08:31:50 PM »
Then vote to straight repeal it, after its gone do your bipartisan bill without ocare hanging over 'pub heads, Ever heard of that one John?

that's political suicide

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: September 22, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
This is why we should have term limits.  McCain can now vote his conscience and not worry about upsetting donors and lobbyists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those two sentences seem contradictory...

Not really.  Just look at the last two years of any presidency.  They always start doing the stuff they had always wanted to and focus less on the noise.  Obama got 100% cooler his last couple years.  That is a statistical fact you can google.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: September 23, 2017, 12:43:53 PM »
This is why we should have term limits.  McCain can now vote his conscience and not worry about upsetting donors and lobbyists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those two sentences seem contradictory...

Maybe at first glance, but McCain just got term limited by brain cancer.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: October 13, 2017, 10:36:18 AM »
President Trump just called Congress's bluff and took a sledge hammer to Obamacare. $7 billion in subsidies to the prop up the insurers are gone. Those subsidies were never authorized by the law in the first place. This will cause the the few remaining insurers to jack up their rates or exit the exchanges. In another executive order, Trump also made it a bit easier for people to buy skimpier, cheaper insurance.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: October 13, 2017, 10:51:09 AM »
President Trump just called Congress's bluff and took a sledge hammer to Obamacare. $7 billion in subsidies to the prop up the insurers are gone. Those subsidies were never authorized by the law in the first place. This will cause the the few remaining insurers to jack up their rates or exit the exchanges. In another executive order, Trump also made it a bit easier for people to buy skimpier, cheaper insurance.

Why are you excited that the president "took a sledge hammer" to the citizens healthcare.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:03 AM »
I've heard many insurers' rates were already starting to account for this since they're not stupid and they know Trump is.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
What a rat
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:22 AM »
those subsidies allow low income families to be insured but eff them amiright

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:42 AM »

Why are you excited that the president "took a sledge hammer" to the citizens healthcare.

The citizens healthcare? I like that term. Like something you'd hear in Venezuela. Trump took steps to wean people off bloated, government subsidized insurance plans and encourage them to purchase the less expensive coverage they actually need. It's a small step in the right direction to roll back this shitty law (i.e., the citizens healthcare :lol:)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15:34 AM »
those subsidies allow low income families to be insured but eff them amiright

How do you define "low income?" We have Medicaid for low income people. That's awesome coverage, right? (If it isn't, then why do liberals want to force every American into it?) If their income is too high to qualify for Medicaid, they still qualify for generous Obamacare subsidies (to buy shitty insurance with premiums they can't afford - but liberals seem to love these policies anyway). This $7 billion subsidy Trump nixed was an illegal bailout to insurance companies.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: October 13, 2017, 11:24:16 AM »
You are one entitled rough ridin' prick. Not everyone was born into the same circumstance that you were. There are millions of hard working Americans who could not afford to go to college and bust their ass daily to earn what they can and need these subsidized insurance. The GOP had 8 god damn years to come up with alternative and they didnt come up with crap so this bad person is just going torpedo the eff out of citizens of this country just so he can say he can hang a W. Its gross and should be criminal.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: October 13, 2017, 11:26:09 AM »
You are one entitled rough ridin' prick. Not everyone was born into the same circumstance that you were. There are millions of hard working Americans who could not afford to go to college and bust their ass daily to earn what they can and need these subsidized insurance. The GOP had 8 god damn years to come up with alternative and they didnt come up with crap so this bad person is just going torpedo the eff out of citizens of this country just so he can say he can hang a W. Its gross and should be criminal.

How do you define "low income?" We have Medicaid for low income people. That's awesome coverage, right? (If it isn't, then why do liberals want to force every American into it?) If their income is too high to qualify for Medicaid, they still qualify for generous Obamacare subsidies (to buy shitty insurance with premiums they can't afford - but liberals seem to love these policies anyway). This $7 billion subsidy Trump nixed was an illegal bailout to insurance companies.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: October 13, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
why should we donate any money for hurricane relief? that's what FEMA is for

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: October 13, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »
why should we have FEMA donate any money for hurricane relief? that's what donations FEMA are for

He sees it more like this
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »
States without Medicaid expansion don't come anywhere near covering all poor kids let alone all working families, they cover disabled and some very poor. If CHIP gets cut, even more kids will get kicked off. Check out the requirements.

Individuals who meet the following income limits qualify for Medicaid in Kansas:

Children up to age 1 are covered with family income up to 166 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL)
Children ages 1 to 5 are covered with family income up to 149 percent of FPL
Children ages 6 to 18 are covered with family income up to 133 percent of FPL
Parents with dependent children are eligible with household income up to 33 percent of FPL. For a family of three, that’s $6,738/year in 2017.
Children with family income too high to qualify for Medicaid are eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP); the income limit is 242 percent of FPL
Individuals who are elderly or disabled may also qualify for KanCare; see the eligibility guidelines

Source: https://www.healthinsurance.org/kansas-medicaid/
Follow us: @EyeOnInsurance on Twitter | healthinsurance.org on Facebook

Persons in Household

2017 Federal Poverty Level

Medicaid Eligibility (138% of FPL)

$12,060

$16,643

$16,240

$22,411

$20,420

$28,180

$24,600

$33,948

$28,780

$39,716

$32,960

$45,485

$37,140

$51,253

$41,320

$57,022

The Big Train

« Reply #3240 on: October 13, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
It’s hard to reason with idiots

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: October 13, 2017, 03:15:16 PM »
Rest assured there are a great many trump supporters losing their healthcare today

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:29 PM »
For decades, loads and loads of Republicans have been voting in favor of the financial interests of the rich and against their own.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: October 13, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: October 13, 2017, 08:01:42 PM »
For decades, loads and loads of Republicans have been voting in favor of the financial interests of the rich and against their own.

Please see the "who's rational" great to explain the stupidity of this common liberal refrain.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: October 13, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: October 13, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #3247 on: October 13, 2017, 09:38:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/918841964115759105

:lol: anyone who quotes Ezra Klein as any sort of expert on Obamacare.

The article is not by Klein, genius.

Calling a Trump supporter genius, even in jest, is beyond explanation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: October 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM »
It's truly amazing how butthurt liberals are that Trump is dismanteling this piece of crap law. It's almost like they believe Obamacare was actually working before those darned Republians started meddling with it.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »
If it were a real law, Trump couldn’t dismantle it.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.