Author Topic: Obama EV O/U 300  (Read 24477 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Obama EV O/U 300
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
without it, the candidates will focus all of their time in california, texas, etc.  even worse than they do now.

Candidates don't campaign in California at all.

i didn't specifically mean california.  just saying that i think that smaller population states would mean even less to candidates if there wasn't an electoral college.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Obama EV O/U 300
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
without it, the candidates will focus all of their time in california, texas, etc.  even worse than they do now.

IDGAF if the presidential candidates make a stop in Kansas or any other state. If anything, it would be nice to see the candidates actually campaign in areas where they can reach the most people, rather than focus on loser "battleground" states like Ohio.

i'm just assuming (maybe i'm wrong) that there would still be battleground states...they would just be the bigger states instead of iowa and ohio.

I'm sure they would focus in larger states, but everything would be a whole lot different. It wouldn't really matter who wins California. The margin of victory is what would matter. It would be interesting to see how candidates approach that.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
i guess no electoral college would benefit local races and state questions, because more people would show up to vote.   :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
OK_Cat, do you think tennis scoring is stupid?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:58 AM »

ok_cat fun fact:  i've never watched a minute of tennis in my life   

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
Romney has a huge lead in the independent vote polling. 59% to 35%

I hate people who quote popular vote poll numbers.  That being said if McCain had that margin he still would have lost the popular vote in '08.  I'm sure you knew that though.

I find that poll to be kind of sketchy.  Due to the divisiveness of the country, it seems like there are less and less independents, and those that do exist are conservatives who won't vote Republican because of social issues, evangelicals, etc. (e.g. me).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »

I've never watched a minute of electoral college-ing in my life, but I understand how it works and why it exists.

Skipping down to Ft. Worth?

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
Being disenfranchised due to voter id laws is a completely different level of butthurt.

While true, Florida ended early voting on the Sunday before the election because black churches traditionally "got out the vote" after morning services. That made a lot of people who weren't as enthused in 2012 as they were in 2008 to suddenly become that much more motivated.

It's like Dax's butthurt over foreign policy, except it actually might make a difference.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »

I've never watched a minute of electoral college-ing in my life, but I understand how it works and why it exists.

Skipping down to Ft. Worth?

i wouldn't be caught dead in ft worth.

another thought:  they should put a restriction on how long they can campaign.  I saw that they both gave speeches yesterday.  Do you really feel like there is anyone who is undecided a day before the election?   :dubious:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
Being disenfranchised due to voter id laws is a completely different level of butthurt.

While true, Florida ended early voting on the Sunday before the election because black churches traditionally "got out the vote" after morning services. That made a lot of people who weren't as enthused in 2012 as they were in 2008 to suddenly become that much more motivated.

It's like Dax's butthurt over foreign policy, except it actually might make a difference.

The right wing politicians in Florida don't even try to hide how horribly corrupt they are.  It's kind of humorous.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

old people who have voted for 50+ years should not be required to go get govt. issued ID's to vote it is asinine.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
another thought:  they should put a restriction on how long they can campaign.  I saw that they both gave speeches yesterday.  Do you really feel like there is anyone who is undecided a day before the election?   :dubious:

The more campaigning, the more I'm turned off.  If I hadn't already mailed mine in, I'd have voted against fluoride in Wichita water because of all the phone calls.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »

The more campaigning, the more I'm turned off.  If I hadn't already mailed mine in, I'd have voted against fluoride in Wichita water because of all the phone calls.

:sdeek:
Grandpa 8manpick is a huge proponent of this. Sorry about the phone calls.
:adios:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
yep, same way.

dear state of oklahoma, yes, i would like to keep the department of human services intact. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »

I've only gotten anti-fluoride phone calls & I've now gotten them four consecutive days.  It's funny to me because whatever list they have me on is comically wrong, I'm a volunteer for pro-fluoride.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »
what do they have against fluoride?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2012, 11:39:17 AM »

invented by liberals

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »

I've only gotten anti-fluoride phone calls & I've now gotten them four consecutive days.  It's funny to me because whatever list they have me on is comically wrong, I'm a volunteer for pro-fluoride.

Have they proven that there are more cavities in Wichita?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »

I think it would be easy enough to prove that there are less teeth in the south, where fluoride is much less likely to be added to water than in other parts of the country.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

I think it would be easy enough to prove that there are less teeth in the south, where fluoride is much less likely to be added to water than in other parts of the country.

I would argue that there are fewer toothbrushes per capita in the south.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

Its toxic. It can explode. Look it up on the internet.
My MIL. GRHS.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »

hasn't been studied, not the point.  It's sad that the tea party has made fluoride a partisan issue, fluoride.  Someone is going to tell these idiots that 911 is a government intrusion then we'll have a groundswell to kill it too.

SD, they are contending that fluoride is:
1. Big government intervention
2. Poison that is harmful to kids & pets.
I'm in no way joking or being facetious about this.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
fwiw fluoride is in a compound that is a huge part of Prozac

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:14 PM »
a huge part of Prozac