Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 159095 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: November 05, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
i just think playing on the road is kind of tough. like, i don't think tcu is probably as good as tech but i think playing tcu in ft worth is prob about as hard as playing tech in mhk. idk, i might put too much emphasis on home/away.

smaller stadium, huge kstate contingent (close to 10k?). tcu hasn't had a prime time slot this year.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
i just think playing on the road is kind of tough. like, i don't think tcu is probably as good as tech but i think playing tcu in ft worth is prob about as hard as playing tech in mhk. idk, i might put too much emphasis on home/away.

smaller stadium, huge kstate contingent (close to 10k?). tcu hasn't had a prime time slot this year.

idk, maybe just wishful thinking?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 05, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

I think it makes a much bigger difference when you have a crappy to mediocre team. Good teams win games, regardless. Bad teams almost never win away from home.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 05, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
I think Texas will be a tough game, a dog fight if you will.

/zacker'd
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #1179 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
I refuse to back off my stance from the last five years making fun of TCU. We are playing a Big East team with its back up QB. We will snyderball them to death Klein or no Klein.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:41 PM »
Oh, wait. They aren't even big east :lol:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 05, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
TCU is 3-3 in the league, hasn't played the two best teams or an upper half Texas squad, and one of the wins against a bottom half team came in OT.

:comehere:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 05, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »
Three TDs by halftime. Helmet taken away again early in third.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 05, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
Seems conservative.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 05, 2012, 02:34:23 PM »

I bet TLBL and Harp will go hide it from him when we go up 30 to play a joke on him  :D

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: November 05, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »

I bet TLBL and Harp will go hide it from him when we go up 30 to play a joke on him  :D

:D

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D
3021  RIP

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 05, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D

Best gif ever?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 05, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
chris is going to stand in front of the spot that CK's helmet is and pretend to be watching the game and not move and collin will try to get around him but he'll just stand motionless looking at the game and TLBL will be busting up laughing histarically as CK trys to get to his helmet.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 05, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »
chris is going to stand in front of the spot that CK's helmet is and pretend to be watching the game and not move and collin will try to get around him but he'll just stand motionless looking at the game and TLBL will be busting up laughing histarically as CK trys to get to his helmet.

#donation

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 05, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
TCU
Texas

Iowa State
WVU
Baylor
Miami

Kansas
North Texas
Missouri State

I'd list ISU above TCU.  Same size stadium.  Flood Aggie superbowl.  Top 25 team.  ISU dick punched TCU in Fort Worth.  Every game I've watched, there've been about 35K in the stands.   

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
I can see ISU dominating the MWC if they had a few more Texas recruits.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 05, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
When did bleacher report start hiring real journalists?  Lisa Horne used to write for Fox Sports.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
When did bleacher report start hiring real journalists?  Lisa Horne used to write for Fox Sports.

they got tired of being a laughingstock. They hired several quality people. Their google trolling or w/e its called is a joke though.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bobby_runs

• :(
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »
Love catching up on this thread after every BCS show.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 07, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
With four undefeated teams on top and Oregon moving into the No. 3 spot in this week's BCS standings, the race for the BCS National Championship Game is hitting the home stretch.

The No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide showed vulnerability Saturday at LSU, so nobody should be putting the Tide in the national title game just yet. But if Bama stays undefeated, the battle for the No. 2 spot could be compelling over the next four weeks.

Notre Dame is a long shot because of its position in the polls and remaining schedule. Looking at the point totals in the Harris and coaches' polls, simple math says the Irish are sitting at No. 4 on almost every ballot (worse than fourth by a few coaches), and their potential to move up is limited by having the weakest remaining schedule of the four contenders. But the Irish can still have a big impact on the race for No. 2 by affecting the computer rankings of Kansas State and Oregon.

Game results of past opponents and records of future opponents can have an influence on computers and voters. With that in mind, here are 12 games not involving the Wildcats and Ducks that could play a part in deciding which team ultimately gains the edge in the BCS standings:

12. Louisville Cardinals at Syracuse Orange (Nov. 10)
The impact would be minor, but little things can add up in the computers. Because USC beat Syracuse earlier in the season, a win by the Orange over undefeated Louisville would improve USC's schedule strength. And because Oregon and Notre Dame both play USC (the Ducks have already beaten the Trojans), this upset would give them a slight boost as well. Kansas State fans should be rooting for Louisville.

11. Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes (Nov. 24)
With Michigan being one of the better wins this season for Notre Dame and Alabama, those teams would both gain strength in the computers if the Wolverines go on the road and knock off what will be either an 11-0 or 10-1 Ohio State. Alabama will probably finish No. 1 in most of the computers if it wins out, so this isn't as big of a deal for the Tide as it is for the Irish. The truth of the matter is that it's hard to say whether Notre Dame being strengthened in the computers is good or bad for Kansas State. On one hand, it will make it more difficult for Oregon to jump Notre Dame. On the other hand, it might cause the Irish to finish ahead of the Wildcats in some ratings. Either way, it's sure to have an impact.

10. ACC Championship Game (Dec. 1)
If Miami can beat Virginia and Duke, it will win the ACC Coastal Division and could play an 11-1 Florida State in the conference title game. If that scenario plays out, an upset win by Miami over the highly ranked Seminoles would strengthen the computer profile of Kansas State and Notre Dame, since both beat the Hurricanes this season. Having a victory over another major-conference champion could help KSU with some voters in the résumé test against Oregon.

9. Stanford Cardinal at UCLA Bruins (Nov. 24)
On the surface, this looks like a game that Oregon would prefer to be won by Stanford, because the Ducks play the Cardinal (Nov. 17) and don't play the Bruins. But as of now, UCLA is the best possible opponent for Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship Game, and if the Bruins can get past USC, they should be 9-2 going into the Stanford game. Playing a 10-2 UCLA in the conference title game is the best-case scenario for the Ducks in the computers. Getting to play a team they haven't already beaten would probably make it the best-case scenario with the voters as well. Since Stanford is also a Notre Dame opponent, a win by the Bruins over the Cardinal would help Oregon gain on the Irish in the computers.

8. USC Trojans at UCLA Bruins (Nov. 17)
This game is significant for the same reason as the Stanford-UCLA game, because it gives Oregon a chance to play a 10-2 opponent in the Pac-12 title game.

But it's even more important to the BCS race, because a win by USC would set up the possibility that the Trojans could capture the Pac-12 South but lose to Notre Dame the following week, leaving the Ducks with a four-loss opponent in the conference championship game -- an opponent they already scored 62 points against on the road. And a USC win over UCLA would help Notre Dame's schedule strength.

7. Iowa State Cyclones at Texas Longhorns (Nov. 10)
6. TCU Horned Frogs at Texas Longhorns (Nov. 22)
It would have been hard to imagine after Texas' 63-21 loss to Oklahoma on Oct. 13, but if the Longhorns win these two games, they will be 9-2 going into the regular-season finale at Kansas State. The Wildcats are hurt by not having a conference championship game, like Oregon does, to get one extra game against a quality opponent.

But if Texas has only two losses when it plays K-State, the Wildcats would at least have the advantage of playing a higher-ranked opponent than Oregon on the season's final weekend. The Pac-12 title game is on Friday night, so KSU has the opportunity to make the closing argument of the national championship race on Saturday, Dec. 1. That makes these two games crucial for Kansas State to maximize the computer and poll impact of a win over Texas.

5. Oregon State Beavers at Stanford Cardinal (Nov. 10)
Oregon still has to play both of these teams, so the result of this game will have minimal influence on the computer rankings for the Ducks. But there's no question that an Oregon State win would put the Beavers in great position to be 10-1 going into The Civil War on Nov. 24, with only a home game against struggling Cal in between. OSU entering the Oregon game with only one loss would almost certainly make it a top-10 matchup, which is probably Oregon's only chance to get a top-10 win in the regular season. This could be a big deal if enough voters are comparing résumés -- and, therefore, best wins -- among the contending teams. Plus, it would give Oregon the opportunity to beat a top-10 team on a day that Kansas State doesn't play, which could be valuable to the Ducks in the polls. As is the case with the Stanford-UCLA game, the result Oregon needs would also hurt Notre Dame in the computers.

4. Oklahoma Sooners at West Virginia Mountaineers (Nov. 17)
3. Oklahoma State at Oklahoma (Nov. 24)
2. Oklahoma at TCU (Dec. 1)
Apologies to Baylor for assuming the Bears will lose in Norman this weekend, but I'm not making any assumptions on these other three games. All, however, are important to the Sooners winning out and finishing with a 10-2 record and a top-10 ranking. This would ensure both Kansas State and Notre Dame of having a win of higher quality than anything Oregon will have on its résumé. Even if Oregon State finishes 10-2, it won't be ranked as high as Oklahoma. That will be of value to the Wildcats and Irish in some computers, and it will be a consideration of some voters, especially since both teams won in Norman.

1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish at USC (Nov. 24)
As mentioned earlier, if USC has already won the Pac-12 South but loses this game to Notre Dame, it weakens the potential for Oregon's closing argument on Nov. 30. But this game sits at the top of the list because of the impact a USC win would likely have on the BCS race. Assuming Kansas State doesn't get much closer to Oregon in the polls, the Wildcats need to maintain a comfortable margin over the Ducks in the computers to have any chance of holding them off for the No. 2 spot.

That would be accomplished predominantly by having Notre Dame sit as a buffer team between Kansas State and Oregon in several computer ratings. A Notre Dame loss would allow the Ducks to rise another spot in every computer and gain enough ground on KSU in that part of the formula to take over second in the BCS standings. Barring a loss by Alabama or Oregon, Notre Dame falling to USC would more than likely end any chance Kansas State has of reaching this season's national championship game.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 07, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »
With four undefeated teams on top and Oregon moving into the No. 3 spot in this week's BCS standings, the race for the BCS National Championship Game is hitting the home stretch.

The No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide showed vulnerability Saturday at LSU, so nobody should be putting the Tide in the national title game just yet. But if Bama stays undefeated, the battle for the No. 2 spot could be compelling over the next four weeks.

Notre Dame is a long shot because of its position in the polls and remaining schedule. Looking at the point totals in the Harris and coaches' polls, simple math says the Irish are sitting at No. 4 on almost every ballot (worse than fourth by a few coaches), and their potential to move up is limited by having the weakest remaining schedule of the four contenders. But the Irish can still have a big impact on the race for No. 2 by affecting the computer rankings of Kansas State and Oregon.

Game results of past opponents and records of future opponents can have an influence on computers and voters. With that in mind, here are 12 games not involving the Wildcats and Ducks that could play a part in deciding which team ultimately gains the edge in the BCS standings:

12. Louisville Cardinals at Syracuse Orange (Nov. 10)
The impact would be minor, but little things can add up in the computers. Because USC beat Syracuse earlier in the season, a win by the Orange over undefeated Louisville would improve USC's schedule strength. And because Oregon and Notre Dame both play USC (the Ducks have already beaten the Trojans), this upset would give them a slight boost as well. Kansas State fans should be rooting for Louisville.

11. Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes (Nov. 24)
With Michigan being one of the better wins this season for Notre Dame and Alabama, those teams would both gain strength in the computers if the Wolverines go on the road and knock off what will be either an 11-0 or 10-1 Ohio State. Alabama will probably finish No. 1 in most of the computers if it wins out, so this isn't as big of a deal for the Tide as it is for the Irish. The truth of the matter is that it's hard to say whether Notre Dame being strengthened in the computers is good or bad for Kansas State. On one hand, it will make it more difficult for Oregon to jump Notre Dame. On the other hand, it might cause the Irish to finish ahead of the Wildcats in some ratings. Either way, it's sure to have an impact.

10. ACC Championship Game (Dec. 1)
If Miami can beat Virginia and Duke, it will win the ACC Coastal Division and could play an 11-1 Florida State in the conference title game. If that scenario plays out, an upset win by Miami over the highly ranked Seminoles would strengthen the computer profile of Kansas State and Notre Dame, since both beat the Hurricanes this season. Having a victory over another major-conference champion could help KSU with some voters in the résumé test against Oregon.

9. Stanford Cardinal at UCLA Bruins (Nov. 24)
On the surface, this looks like a game that Oregon would prefer to be won by Stanford, because the Ducks play the Cardinal (Nov. 17) and don't play the Bruins. But as of now, UCLA is the best possible opponent for Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship Game, and if the Bruins can get past USC, they should be 9-2 going into the Stanford game. Playing a 10-2 UCLA in the conference title game is the best-case scenario for the Ducks in the computers. Getting to play a team they haven't already beaten would probably make it the best-case scenario with the voters as well. Since Stanford is also a Notre Dame opponent, a win by the Bruins over the Cardinal would help Oregon gain on the Irish in the computers.

8. USC Trojans at UCLA Bruins (Nov. 17)
This game is significant for the same reason as the Stanford-UCLA game, because it gives Oregon a chance to play a 10-2 opponent in the Pac-12 title game.

But it's even more important to the BCS race, because a win by USC would set up the possibility that the Trojans could capture the Pac-12 South but lose to Notre Dame the following week, leaving the Ducks with a four-loss opponent in the conference championship game -- an opponent they already scored 62 points against on the road. And a USC win over UCLA would help Notre Dame's schedule strength.

7. Iowa State Cyclones at Texas Longhorns (Nov. 10)
6. TCU Horned Frogs at Texas Longhorns (Nov. 22)
It would have been hard to imagine after Texas' 63-21 loss to Oklahoma on Oct. 13, but if the Longhorns win these two games, they will be 9-2 going into the regular-season finale at Kansas State. The Wildcats are hurt by not having a conference championship game, like Oregon does, to get one extra game against a quality opponent.

But if Texas has only two losses when it plays K-State, the Wildcats would at least have the advantage of playing a higher-ranked opponent than Oregon on the season's final weekend. The Pac-12 title game is on Friday night, so KSU has the opportunity to make the closing argument of the national championship race on Saturday, Dec. 1. That makes these two games crucial for Kansas State to maximize the computer and poll impact of a win over Texas.

5. Oregon State Beavers at Stanford Cardinal (Nov. 10)
Oregon still has to play both of these teams, so the result of this game will have minimal influence on the computer rankings for the Ducks. But there's no question that an Oregon State win would put the Beavers in great position to be 10-1 going into The Civil War on Nov. 24, with only a home game against struggling Cal in between. OSU entering the Oregon game with only one loss would almost certainly make it a top-10 matchup, which is probably Oregon's only chance to get a top-10 win in the regular season. This could be a big deal if enough voters are comparing résumés -- and, therefore, best wins -- among the contending teams. Plus, it would give Oregon the opportunity to beat a top-10 team on a day that Kansas State doesn't play, which could be valuable to the Ducks in the polls. As is the case with the Stanford-UCLA game, the result Oregon needs would also hurt Notre Dame in the computers.

4. Oklahoma Sooners at West Virginia Mountaineers (Nov. 17)
3. Oklahoma State at Oklahoma (Nov. 24)
2. Oklahoma at TCU (Dec. 1)
Apologies to Baylor for assuming the Bears will lose in Norman this weekend, but I'm not making any assumptions on these other three games. All, however, are important to the Sooners winning out and finishing with a 10-2 record and a top-10 ranking. This would ensure both Kansas State and Notre Dame of having a win of higher quality than anything Oregon will have on its résumé. Even if Oregon State finishes 10-2, it won't be ranked as high as Oklahoma. That will be of value to the Wildcats and Irish in some computers, and it will be a consideration of some voters, especially since both teams won in Norman.

1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish at USC (Nov. 24)
As mentioned earlier, if USC has already won the Pac-12 South but loses this game to Notre Dame, it weakens the potential for Oregon's closing argument on Nov. 30. But this game sits at the top of the list because of the impact a USC win would likely have on the BCS race. Assuming Kansas State doesn't get much closer to Oregon in the polls, the Wildcats need to maintain a comfortable margin over the Ducks in the computers to have any chance of holding them off for the No. 2 spot.

That would be accomplished predominantly by having Notre Dame sit as a buffer team between Kansas State and Oregon in several computer ratings. A Notre Dame loss would allow the Ducks to rise another spot in every computer and gain enough ground on KSU in that part of the formula to take over second in the BCS standings. Barring a loss by Alabama or Oregon, Notre Dame falling to USC would more than likely end any chance Kansas State has of reaching this season's national championship game.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:21 PM »
Oh man how crazy/awesome is it that we will actually have to give a crap about a Big East game!? So elite.