Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 158285 times)

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
If we keep winning, we're going to be fine.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
If we keep winning, we're going to be fine.

nope, need help
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 04, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
I'm sure by the end of the season, 3-4 other Big 12 teams will be top 25, with 8 in the top 50 or so.  Plus Miami.

Win and we are in.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 04, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
So after Oregon won their super bowl and was "validated", Palm projects our lead over Oregon to shrink by 13.8%.

is that stat projection vs. projection or projection vs. actual?

This is last week's actuals vs. this week's Palm's projections.  However, in Palm's projections are this week's actuals for the 2 human polls and the Sagarin.  It may also contain the actual for another computer, Palm claims it's an actual but it hasn't been published and they aren't supposed to publish it until Tuesday.  The projections in Palm's "projection" are 4 or 5 computers. 

It should also be noted, that in the computer that I'm not sure is an actual or projection, Oregon didn't move up. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 04, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »
According to this, computers can only use who won in their formulas. Not sure how accurate this is.

http://www.bcscomp.com/faq.html

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 04, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
Oregons opponents need to keep losing. It'd be great if USC looked bad their next time out.

USC and UCLA play this week to see who gets to go to the PAC 12 Champoinship. Not sure if it matters. I guess I'd rather have USC go with the hopes that they have a better idea of what would beat them and are able to use it.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 04, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
the entire pac10 is just complete dogshit.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 04, 2012, 04:02:13 PM »
Oregons opponents need to keep losing. It'd be great if USC looked bad their next time out.

USC and UCLA play this week to see who gets to go to the PAC 12 Champoinship. Not sure if it matters. I guess I'd rather have USC go with the hopes that they have a better idea of what would beat them and are able to use it.

They definitely know how to beat Oregon now, just score 70 pts next time.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 04, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
So why are we trusting Jerry Palm with anything? Isn't this the pud who had Oregon in the Alamo Bowl like two weeks ago? Lmao.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 04, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 04, 2012, 04:23:48 PM »
Need help, the bcs and TV want Oregon

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 04, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »

Absolutely. Anybody who thinks this means very little is kidding themselves.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 04, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
So why are we trusting Jerry Palm with anything? Isn't this the pud who had Oregon in the Alamo Bowl like two weeks ago? Lmao.

We've been over this.  2 weeks ago he thought:
1. USC would beat Oregon
2. OU would beat ND
3. Boise wouldn't lose again.

If those 3 things happened, OU, ND, Boise, & an SEC team would be the 4 at-large BCS teams and Oregon would have gone to the Alamo.  Don't get me wrong, Palm has said a ton of stupid stuff.  However thinking 2 weeks ago that those 3 things would happen and Oregon would go to the Alamo wasn't one of them.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Pitt helped us by missing a chipshot to win

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 04, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »

This week, USC plays ASU and UCLA plays Washington State.  They play each other on the 17th.  USC controls its destiny in their division, if they beat ASU and UCLA they win the South.  I'd like a rematch between them and Oregon because it would be more difficult for Oregon to beat USC again than it would be to beat UCLA once.  Rematches are inherently tougher for whoever won the first game.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #990 on: November 04, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »
well luckily tv doesn't get a vote. you can't change the computer formulas and if the coaches wanted to see oregon in the champy they'd be voting them in there already.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
well luckily tv doesn't get a vote. you can't change the computer formulas and if the coaches wanted to see oregon in the champy they'd be voting them in there already.

The tv gets to influence voters. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »
I mean, we don't control our own destiny.  Only Alabama does.  But we're pretty damn close to controlling it and are certainly in a much, much stronger position than Oregon.  Things would have to get really crazy for us to go undefeated and get left out.  We've got enough cushion to withstand any BCS/TV shenanigans.  To leave us out, they would basically have to come out and say, "Okay, KState is #2, but we want Oregon in the title game." That crap won't fly with anyone.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #993 on: November 04, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »

the coaches? pfft. gtfoomf.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #994 on: November 04, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »
Is the media just toying with Oregon fans just for rating? Kind of like the Heisman race. Every one knows Klein is going to win, baring a shitty performance but they keep bringing up names to keep college football fans interested. I think that the BCS experts have a good idea how the computers will look in 4 weeks and Oregon is still coming up short.
RIP Fatty

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 04, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »

We haven't seen that influence amount to anything yet.  If we keep winning, especially by multiple scores, it's going to be hard for voters to pull the kind of Pinkelesque shenanigans that they would have to in order to make a meaningful difference.  It's all going to come down to the computers which are going to spit out whatever they're going to spit out.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
I mean, we don't control our own destiny.  Only Alabama does.  But we're pretty damn close to controlling it and are certainly in a much, much stronger position than Oregon.  Things would have to get really crazy for us to go undefeated and get left out.  We've got enough cushion to withstand any BCS/TV shenanigans.  To leave us out, they would basically have to come out and say, "Okay, KState is #2, but we want Oregon in the title game." That crap won't fly with anyone.

I hope you are right

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 04, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
Is the media just toying with Oregon fans just for rating? Kind of like the Heisman race. Every one knows Klein is going to win, baring a shitty performance but they keep bringing up names to keep college football fans interested. I think that the BCS experts have a good idea how the computers will look in 4 weeks and Oregon is still coming up short.

I think "BCS expert" is an oxymoron, especially when it comes to the ones who get put on tv. None of those guys have any idea how the computers will look 4 weeks from now.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 04, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »

I hope you are right

Of course, all of that is assuming that the undefeateds don't lose, which isn't going to happen.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 04, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
Does BCS factor in opponent rank in some way?  I know margin of victory is out.  Are there any kind of points scored included?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting