Author Topic: Post our glorious rankings in this thread  (Read 158244 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #750 on: October 29, 2012, 02:33:57 AM »
Yep. USC recruits lots of safeties and turns them into linebackers. As a result, they match up with Oregon and get pushed around by Stanford. But maybe that means they also get pushed around  by ND?

Dammit I may need a new talking point.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #751 on: October 29, 2012, 06:16:36 AM »
what if ou loses all their remaining games!  wouldn't hurt us because of conference loses, but ND would be screwed!!!

:ksu:

i love what if games.

*oh, and it would be glorious because eff OU*

ND is a non factor

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Post our glorious rankings in this thread
« Reply #752 on: October 29, 2012, 06:34:09 AM »
what if ou loses all their remaining games!  wouldn't hurt us because of conference loses, but ND would be screwed!!!

i love what if games.

ND is a non factor

Can you make me feel better about this because I think they are going to do everything they can to get ND in the game over our Kats. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:51 AM »

i love what if games.

ND is a non factor

Can you make me feel better about this because I think they are going to do everything they can to get ND in the game over our Kats.

If they wanted ND in the championship game and were going to put them ahead of us through the polls, they would have done it after this past weekend. They didn't. They won't the next 3 weeks because ND plays crap teams. The only chance they get is when ND plays USC thanksgiving weekend, and it will take a large portion of voters in each poll to do it because NDs computer rankings are going to fall the next 3 weeks. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SlipperyPete

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 29, 2012, 07:25:04 AM »
If they wanted ND in the championship game and were going to put them ahead of us through the polls, they would have done it after this past weekend. They didn't. They won't the next 3 weeks because ND plays crap teams. The only chance they get is when ND plays USC thanksgiving weekend, and it will take a large portion of voters in each poll to do it because NDs computer rankings are going to fall the next 3 weeks.
I think the problem is that they'll look at us like we have to earn our way in, while ND will have to earn their way out. I mean, everyone knows ND beat Stanford on a bullshit call, yet somehow it's our resume getting questioned because we didn't beat OU badly enough.

If we play like the last two weeks, we're good. But if we squeak one out ala Iowa St., and ND puts a thumping on one of their cupcakes, I expect tons of talk about moving them ahead.

First post, BTW. Gotta post a dancing Snyder just to say I did.  :billdance:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 29, 2012, 07:28:15 AM »

i love what if games.

ND is a non factor

Just pud sd here not realizing that was more about eff ou than nd being a factor.    :dubious:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 29, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
I think the problem is that they'll look at us like we have to earn our way in, while ND will have to earn their way out. I mean, everyone knows ND beat Stanford on a bullshit call, yet somehow it's our resume getting questioned because we didn't beat OU badly enough.

If we play like the last two weeks, we're good. But if we squeak one out ala Iowa St., and ND puts a thumping on one of their cupcakes, I expect tons of talk about moving them ahead.

JFC people. There is no possible way ND can pass us other than us losing a game. They are a complete non-factor other than we want them to beat USC so the Oregon USC win(s) are devalued. They are currently tied with us in computer rankings. After the next four games (if we both win out) we will have a sizeable lead on them in the computers.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 29, 2012, 07:32:54 AM »
This guy "gets it"

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/2012/10/odds-are-itll-be-bama-vs-k-state.html

Kansas State: The Wildcats are tied with Notre Dame atop the computer rankings and have made up considerable ground on Oregon in both polls. K-State will benefit from playing potentially two more ranked teams this season (Oklahoma State and Texas) and the absence of a Big 12 title game probably won't hurt too much. Ideally, the Wildcats will want the Irish to also finish undefeated, thus providing a buffer in the computer ratings to hold off Oregon. (75%)

the above is also why we want OU to win out, we need ND to stay ahead of Oregon in the computers.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:51 AM »

i love what if games.

ND is a non factor

Just pud sd here not realizing that was more about eff ou than nd being a factor.    :dubious:

well, stud sd cares more about the purple cats than he does about your powerespect anti-OU agenda.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 29, 2012, 07:49:08 AM »
Fiesta Bowl vs Notre Dame would be a good consolation prize if we miss out on MNC, imo.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 29, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »

i love what if games.

ND is a non factor

well, stud sd cares more about the purple cats than he does about your powerespect anti-OU agenda.

Non-stud and very pud sd doesn't realize a not serious post.

Anyway, we clearly want osu to lose all their games since they lost to ariz who lost to oregon.   Sheesh.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »

i love what if games.

ND is a non factor

Non-stud and very pud sd doesn't realize a not serious post.

Anyway, we clearly want osu to lose all their games since they lost to ariz who lost to oregon.   Sheesh.

so you went from anti-ND to anti-OU to not-serious....better just leave this thread to the rest of us

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 29, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
Never go head to head with sd  :embarrassed:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
Never go head to head with sd  :embarrassed:

No, I was mean. We are friends!

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 29, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »

JFC people. There is no possible way ND can pass us other than us losing a game. They are a complete non-factor other than we want them to beat USC so the Oregon USC win(s) are devalued. They are currently tied with us in computer rankings. After the next four games (if we both win out) we will have a sizeable lead on them in the computers.

ND, Alabama, and Florida (with a little LSU mixed in) are our firewall in the computers. Oregon has to burn threw them to get to us.
RIP Fatty

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:41 AM »
Fiesta Bowl vs Notre Dame would be a good consolation prize if we miss out on MNC, imo.

I agree completely.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 29, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »
Another wildcard is going to be Louisville. If they stay undefeated through out they could move ahead of Oregon in a few of the computer polls.
RIP Fatty

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #767 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
can you believe this season?

so amazing and wonderful!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 29, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Another wildcard is going to be Louisville. If they stay undefeated through out they could move ahead of Oregon in a few of the computer polls.

meh doubt it

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 29, 2012, 08:56:27 AM »

meh doubt it

If you look at some of the teams that are in front of them in some of the rankings they have a good shot. Not say all of them but every one that does helps us in our computer margin against Oregon.
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 29, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »
The last thing Notre Dame would have to worry about was a seemingly good but not great Big 12 team led by a 70-something coach and a quarterback nicknamed after a Transformer. How could Kansas State -- owner of five winning seasons between 1935 and 1990 -- possibly win a beauty contest against Notre Dame?

What.

The.

eff?????

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 29, 2012, 09:45:30 AM »
The last thing Notre Dame would have to worry about was a seemingly good but not great Big 12 team led by a 70-something coach and a quarterback nicknamed after a Transformer. How could Kansas State -- owner of five winning seasons between 1935 and 1990 -- possibly win a beauty contest against Notre Dame?

What.

The.

eff?????

that was the perception at the beginning of the season

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
Would like to see Bill scheme-slap that defense just for fun.  Might end up being another Iowa State though.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 29, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
How about ND, O, and Bama just lose out? :ksu:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting