Author Topic: airing of the grievances, Vaughn Scribner edition 2012 September, fashion  (Read 19810 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't know much about "takeovers" and business stuff but couldn't we just combine the two blogs into one? Both could benefit from the insight of the other. I don't know if there is a precedent for this in the business world but just an idea.

yeah there is. it's called a "merger". i was a business major as a freshman and sophomore before switching to mass comm last semester. i suppose that is another option but i'd have to research it a little more. it was a tues/thurs am class that i learned about it and i was usually pretty blotto for the thursday classes after wed night aggieville two for ones so i don't remember much about them.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Well we could use a partnership model rick daris.  It's a risky move, though.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well we could use a partnership model rick daris.  It's a risky move, though.

i think you're thinking about an llc. also is it pronounced like scribbner or scribe ner? potato/potato i know but it's hard to read this thread without knowing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:19:59 AM by rick daris »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
i'm taking care of it, you guys

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
I say that Vaughn has to come to MOAP 3 and then all of the goEMAWers present can vote on this matter after getting pak'd with Vaughn. If he is a no show, then eff him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
there's room for two fashion blogs you guys.  obviously ours is first and better but it's not for everyone. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I say we delete it. Vaughn Scribner is a great guy, and had no ulterior motive for asking goEMAW to delete the fashion blog. Plus he seems very fashionable and handsome and probably has better fashion tips beyond SE-Chic. Let's take down the goEMAW fashion blog and link to Scribner's fashion blog.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
this is just my opinion and BSAC will have to make the call but I don't really want Vaughn Scribner to write for goEMAW.  we kind of have an image to protect.  again, just my two cents

I am not opposed to this, per se, but it appears Vaughn Scribner just regurgitates what has been written here at goEMAW.com in both "casual shoe" thread and in the "fashion" thread so, if we turned it over to him, would he even have any original thoughts/advice?  Our readers deserve the fashion advice that is collaboratively created here, not some cut and paste rehash.

Just my thoughts, obviously others will be making this call.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Good God, this is the whitest thread in the history of this board.  This sounds like a giant unwelcoming honkey hoedown.  That being said my homegirl Mrs. Gooch killed it in this thread.

wildfratcountry has agreed to do a 2012 edition sometime this summer.  I suppose we could make it a point/counterpoint thing.  :dunno:

Did I miss this or do we need a :toetappingguy:? I mean, two days. How will we know what's acceptable for this season?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
welp

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
now I definitely don't want him writing for us you guys

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Wow, that Vaughn Scribner guy is a creepo.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
I guess we learned quickly how partnerships can be risky!  Glad we sidestepped that landmine.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mentions "friends" on twitter, but for the life of me I can't find any comments directed to anybody but Vaughn Scribner. Maybe he has multiple personalities?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've always felt that the spelling of "Vaughn" should be "Von" it seems more elite and grants more respect out in the world.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
I've always felt that the spelling of "Vaughn" should be "Von" it seems more elite and grants more respect out in the world.
Good point. If his name were Von Scribner.....wait, not Scribner, how about Cruz? yeah, if his name were Von Cruz, then he'd probably be getting more love around here and that crap written about Von Cruz could be taken down.

(lol, like anybody ever would say crap about Von Cruz.)
Team voncruz!

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
I don't know much about "takeovers" and business stuff but couldn't we just combine the two blogs into one? Both could benefit from the insight of the other. I don't know if there is a precedent for this in the business world but just an idea.
guys, wildfratcountry and i don't need any insight on fashion.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good point. If his name were Von Scribner.....wait, not Scribner, how about Cruz? yeah, if his name were Von Cruz, then he'd probably be getting more love around here and that crap written about Von Cruz could be taken down.

(lol, like anybody ever would say crap about Von Cruz.)
Team voncruz!

I think Von Cruz should be his last name, and we could put an elite first name in front of it.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

honestly, i was about to recommend that BSAC delete all of the threads and the blog, but then this picture shows up and it really changes things up quite a bit.  i just don't think that goEMAW should ever be associate with/do favors for perverts.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

honestly, i was about to recommend that BSAC delete all of the threads and the blog, but then this picture shows up and it really changes things up quite a bit.  i just don't think that goEMAW should ever be associate with/do favors for perverts.

mind blown. I just realized that wasn't a bait shop with a wall full of fishing gear. Im glad I didnt post that fishing joke I was working on, because I would have looked like a real dumbass.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the picture itself doesn't really bother or upset me, but i still kind of wonder why he would pose for it in the first place. it just seems like an odd thing to do. idk.  :dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
the picture itself doesn't really bother or upset me, but i still kind of wonder why he would pose for it in the first place. it just seems like an odd thing to do. idk.  :dunno:

kinda wondering why he thought a suit and tie combo were appropriate for this kind of picture, honestly.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
kinda wondering why he thought a suit and tie combo were appropriate for this kind of picture, honestly.

Maybe it was a formal tasting event or something. Benefit of the doubt.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Vaughn Scribner obsesses about Scott Disick all day and wants to be him in real life. Wow. Kind of creepy.