Author Topic: airing of the grievances, Vaughn Scribner edition 2012 September, fashion  (Read 19523 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
last september we had two celebrity guest columnists, bringonthecats and wildfratcountry, write a blog for our readers called "What To Wear On Game Day"  link- http://goEMAW.com/blog/?p=1200

the blog was mostly met with a warm reception.  i use the words "mostly met with" because there was one lone voice of dissension, and that voice belonged to Vaughn Scribner (reference blog comments #2 and #9).

Quote from: Vaughn Scribner
This is the most elitist, condescending, uppity post I’ve ever read. As an alumni, I’m ashamed that it’s associated with KSU.

Quote from: Vaughn Scribner
Wow. You guys stay classy.

the blog post led to further discussion on our message board, in the thread, aptly titled  "What to Wear On Game Day".
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=14954.0

fast forward to yesterday where a very public, very intriguing, and very controversial twitter exchange took place-

Vaughn Scribner ?@VScrib86
@TrimGoEMAW Please message me. I have a question about goEMAW

Trim ?@TrimGoEMAW
@VaughnScrib What's up?

@TrimGoEMAW Some pretty nasty stuff was written about me/friends on goEMAW . I would really appreciate it if you could take it down.

@TrimGoEMAW I know it's a blog, but according to your policy this stuff shouldn't fly. It's slander, is crude, and is just wrong.

Trim ?@TrimGoEMAW
@VScrib86 Whippin ass in the courtroom at the moment. I'll check it out later.

@TrimGoEMAW I really appreciate it. I could send you the links to the blog spots in a direct message if you message me. Enjoy the courtroom.

@TrimGoEMAW Not to nag, but you had a chance to look at the blog? It's under "Topic: What to Wear on Game Day."

@TrimGoEMAW it's this whole forum http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=14954.50 … and this comments section: http://goEMAW.com/blog/?p=1200

Trim ?@TrimGoEMAW
@VScrib86 You taking issue with this?: "This is the most elitist, condescending, uppity post I’ve ever read. As an alumni, I’m ashamed..."

Vaughn Scribner  ?@VScrib86
@TrimGoEMAW I take issue with how out of hand it got after that, and how it regressed into hate and slander. I'd like it all taken down

(editor's note:  in his next post, Scribner seems to want to take things private, which makes me wonder what he's up to, it's obvious to me that he's up to something and possibly cannot be trusted).

@TrimGoEMAW could you please follow me-if only for a few min-so I could direct message you?

(editor's note: Trim, sensing something is up, immediately forwards all communication to BSAC.  what is Scribner's game? who knows at this point but he cannot be trusted in this author's opinion.)

Trim ?@TrimGoEMAW
@VScrib86 I'll let BSAC know.

@TrimGoEMAW What's BSAC? Also, I'm Vaughn Scribner, the one who everyone attacked and whose friends they debased. That's why I take issue.

(editor's note: he has identified himself as Vaughn Scribner, in case anyone wasn't sure as to his identity at this point, however i still sense something, an ulterior motive, and i also feel that Scribner cannot, in any case, be trusted)

Trim ?@TrimGoEMAW
@VScrib86 Who, not what. It'll be his call.

@TrimGoEMAW Alright. Could you give me an email address or something? Is he on twitter?

Trim ?@TrimGoEMAW
@VScrib86 It's not public. I've given his assistant your messages. Best I can do for now.

@TrimGoEMAW Alright great. Thanks again. Have a good one.

Scribner has been very active in his time in Lawrentucky and has started a fashion blog of his own, found here
http://mobile.lawrence.com/news/2012/jul/02/style-ages-summer-shoes-men/

I have to wonder, does Scribner want our blog deleted because he's starting up his own fashion blog which, by the way, was obviously taken word for word from ours.

as usual when these types of things come up, we at goEMAW, at the direction of BSAC, allow our readers to comment and provide the guidance that this bbs was founded upon.  if the board decides we should yield our fashion blog to Vaughn Scribner and allow his fashion blog to replace ours, than so be it.   i personally don't think that's the direction we should go but let's leave this one in the bbs's hands folks.

i'm going to close this post by saying that vaughn scribner seems to have a very good handle on the fashion world and if it's deemed necessary (by our bbs community) that our blog post comes down, kansans will be in good hands with his blog.  it's fashion first and we should always be cognizant of that fact. 

so let us know, what's your take?

whatever the outcome, i hope that goEMAW and mr.scribner can continue to be loyal friends and blog together in fashion harmony.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I get that he's a squawk. Seriously, I get that. It doesn't bother me. But the fact that he tried to hide it? Boy, that really chaps my hide.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Vaughn is right, but I still don't agree with him.  Plus, he seems like a real fuckwad.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
kickin ass in the courtroom

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
i think trim handled mr. scribner's harassment very well.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
man we did creep it up and that thread  :sdeek:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
I wonder if she is still an alcoholic.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
whoa, whoa, wait. let me get this straight.....

-goEMAW.com starts a fashion blog.
-vaughn scribner joins the goEMAW fashion blog as a commentator
-vaughn scribner then starts his own fashion blog
-vaughn scribner then demands that goEMAW.com takes down their aforemention and previously established fashion blog

am i missing something? i mean the guy saw the business model, studied it, then went and started his own and now he's demanding that goEMAW.com delete theirs? this would be like someone starting a business called walemart that sells lots of stuff at cheap prices and then demanding that walmart close their business. this sounds unamerican. i vote not to take it down.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
so he waited a year to come back and bitch?

eff him.  and eff her (I've got next).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Trim is extremely professional btw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
and pissclams really put out the facts in a very professional manner.  the goEMAW team should all be commended on their good work here.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Vaughn Scribner? More like Schlong Gripner, amirite?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Of all the mods he could have chosen to air his grievances towards, Trim was probably not the best choice.  Doing it publicly on twitter was probably not the best choice either.  This guy needs an internet 101 class.
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Of all the mods he could have chosen to air his grievances towards, Trim was probably not the best choice.  Doing it publicly on twitter was probably not the best choice either.  This guy needs an internet 101 class.

I'd say airing his grievances toward the most ethical person on the board was a great choice.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
must be related to kellis.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
everyone google Vaughn Scribner then click on the "What to wear on game day" goEMAW link. Let's get that baby to the top.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
man we did creep it up and that thread  :sdeek:

mocat with the self reflection!  Man it was hilarious to read that and remember that BigWillie20 existed  :bball:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
whoa, whoa, wait. let me get this straight.....

-goEMAW.com starts a fashion blog.
-vaughn scribner joins the goEMAW fashion blog as a commentator
-vaughn scribner then starts his own fashion blog
-vaughn scribner then demands that goEMAW.com takes down their aforemention and previously established fashion blog

am i missing something? i mean the guy saw the business model, studied it, then went and started his own and now he's demanding that goEMAW.com delete theirs? this would be like someone starting a business called walemart that sells lots of stuff at cheap prices and then demanding that walmart close their business. this sounds unamerican. i vote not to take it down.

this is exactly my view as well.

i'm glad he's into fashion, and i'm glad he ISN'T a wildcat anymore (he's a squawk).
but what it really boils down to is that Scribner is wanting to steal our idea for a fashion blog and then capitalize off of our hard work.

i can't speak for wildfratcountry or bringonthecats, but they put a lot of time and effort into starting a kansas fashion blog and now scribner wants to erase it all like it was all his idea because he wants to rap about shoes?   listen scribner, we have threads about shoes here too.  maybe we should get an injunction against you? 

i'm confused at this point and feel like scribner cannot be trusted.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
do not trust scribner

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
wow, this guy is absolutely relentless and cut throat.. He just messaged me and told me to "take down the Official Fashion Thread....or else I'd have sperry tracks all over my back"  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
another option i suppose would be if bsac wanted to sell him the goEMAW.com fashion blog for a price and then allow vaughn scribner to own it and operate it or delete it or whatever, so that it was no longer competition for his new blog. this sort of thing happens all of the time in the business world. i think it's called a takeover.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
another option i suppose would be if bsac wanted to sell him the goEMAW.com fashion blog for a price and then allow vaughn scribner to own it and operate it or delete it or whatever, so that it was no longer competition for his new blog. this sort of thing happens all of the time in the business world. i think it's called a takeover.

Well I guess we could solicit offers for the sale of our fashion blog.  Doesn't hurt to shop around, is all.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't know much about "takeovers" and business stuff but couldn't we just combine the two blogs into one? Both could benefit from the insight of the other. I don't know if there is a precedent for this in the business world but just an idea.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
this is just my opinion and BSAC will have to make the call but I don't really want Vaughn Scribner to write for goEMAW.  we kind of have an image to protect.  again, just my two cents