Author Topic: Hurricane Isaac thread  (Read 4792 times)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Isaac thread
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
I hope they can write this into season 4 of Treme.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »
report from the east coast of florida:

saw the sun yesterday afternoon for the first time in about a week. totally sunny today.   :dance:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »
either i am friends with skinnybenny and i didn't know it, or everybody in new orleans is the same person, because my friend has been paking his flooded ass off and said that they went outside at 2 this morning and were pelted by 80mph+ rain. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
My lake of the Ozarks golf trip this weekend just turned into drinking whiskey and watching football weekend.  Not a terrible fall back plan.

:surprised:

I am still going down there.  We'll play 18 tomorrow before the rain comes in, and probably get rained out on Friday and Saturday.   This storm is basically going directly at the Lake of the Ozarks. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »
T's & P's, SkinBen. Hope you made it. I'll bring food and water down in 3 weeks. Hold on till then.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Hurricane Isaac thread
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
Started 'PAKing again about 3 hours ago. :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
My lake of the Ozarks golf trip this weekend just turned into drinking whiskey and watching football weekend.  Not a terrible fall back plan.

:surprised:

I am still going down there.  We'll play 18 tomorrow before the rain comes in, and probably get rained out on Friday and Saturday.   This storm is basically going directly at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Sounds awful.  T's & P's

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
Tropical storm :jerk:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hurricane Isaac thread
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »
Hurricane Isaac (now Tropical Storm Isaac :jerk: ) has now gone from New Orleans, but it keeps raining lightly but steadily. Overall, a pretty weak hurricane comparatively but enough of a piece of crap to knock out everyone's power for at least a couple days...which means I'm probably going to miss The Old Ball Coach getting Franklin'd tonight!  :curse:  Thank God for Tapatalk allowing me to BBS, though. :cool:

The thing that made this different from other 'canes is that it moved SO. GODDAMN. SLOW. Srsly. It was moving, like, six miles per hour there for a while. Which is nice because I assume that also correlates with lower wind speeds, but it means you're stuck inside for much longer than you normally would be.

Three straight days of PAK'ing in the dark and hanging out with buds though, not too bad. Watched Mean Girls and get shitfaced and then go outside with your buds and your acoustic guitar to sing CCR in the middle of a hurricane?? I do believe so yes.  :cool:

Overall, wasn't horrible, certainly could be worse, but I'm good on these hurricanes for now...until Sept. 8th when Hurricane 7th-Floor Crew rolls into The Best Apple. :cool: Go cats, ftb.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:17:38 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
Watched Mean Girls 

how did you do this  :dubious:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hurricane Isaac thread
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
Bring every laptop you can find, charge batteries to 100%, leave them off and fully charged until the power goes out. Then turn on, dim screen to as dim as it goes, and then LOL with buds at movies. Change DVD from compy to compy every now and then so nobody's batt gets drained all the way.

Charge phones in your fully gassed up car and BBS your ever-loving brains out.

:samsdance:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2012, 01:28:50 PM »
This ain't Skin Ben's first hurricane0.