Author Topic: Republicans hate playing by the rules, try and silence RP - still expect votes  (Read 6805 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Yeah, Paul should run as a democrat. He would probably be treated better.

lol at this being your defense

Not a defense. Let him leach votes from Obama rather than Romney. Paul is the Dems best friend right now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
ron paul wasn't screwed out of anything, he's just an old nutcase that a small percentage of people like, and most of those people also happen to be nutcases.

Mitt believes in the Book of Mormon...thats a whole lot crazier than the gold standard.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Yeah, Paul should run as a democrat. He would probably be treated better.

lol at this being your defense

Not a defense. Let him leach votes from Obama rather than Romney. Paul is the Dems best friend right now.

Blame the Republicans not Ron Paul.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Why have a convention? 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

Yeah, it is the case.  When I said a lot of people, I just meant there were several I could think of, not a large percentage of the people I know.

So a few million people like him.  There are hundreds of millions that think he is a crazy person.

That's still a significant number. The Republicans shunning of grass roots activism is the latest installment of killing Democracy in America.

Absolutely, I agree with that whole-heartedly.  Still, he shouldn't get the nomination because he doesn't have enough supporters.  He should have all of his delegates counted at the National Convention though.

Somewhat pertinent: political parties are not required to have state by state primaries / delegates choose the candidate are they?  Can't a political party just choose its candidate?  I know they always do, and it is in the interest of a candidate who is more representative of the party's members to have one, but it isn't actually required by anyone outside of said political party, right?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:29:58 PM by 8manpick »
:adios:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Yeah, it is the case.  When I said a lot of people, I just meant there were several I could think of, not a large percentage of the people I know.

So a few million people like him.  There are hundreds of millions that think he is a crazy person.

That's still a significant number. The Republicans shunning of grass roots activism is the latest installment of killing Democracy in America.

Absolutely, I agree with that whole-heartedly.  Still, he shouldn't get the nomination because he doesn't have enough supporters.  He should have all of his delegates counted at the National Convention though.

Somewhat pertinent: political parties are not required to have state by state primaries / delegates choose the candidate are they?  Can't a political party just choose its candidate?  I know they always do, and it is in the interest of a candidate who is more representative of the party's members to have one, but it isn't actually required by anyone outside of said political party, right?

Oh well I guess we're on the same page then. I agree he shouldn't have gotten the nomination, but he did collect a good amount of delegates and even won a few states. The grown up thing to do would be to let him speak at the convention and let his supporters cast delegates in his name.

Instead, the Republitards black mailed him into supporting Romneycrat so he could take part in the convention, and since RP is an honorable man he lol'd and said eff you. Then they go and change the rules so another Ron Paul type candidate will never happen again. Why would any of Paul's supporters vote for Romney after this?

There is absolutely no reason to vote in this presidential election. It's sad that this is what we've come to.

To your second paragraph, i'm not sure. I don't think so. The parties have rules and they make their own rules (and now change them to silence grass roots).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Instead, the Republitards black mailed him into supporting Romneycrat so he could take part in the convention, and since RP is an honorable man he lol'd and said eff you. Then they go and change the rules so another Ron Paul type candidate will never happen again. Why would any of Paul's supporters vote for Romney after this?

I really enjoyed the Fox News interview yesterday with RP where one of their talking heads was trying to badger Paul into endorsing Romney, or saying he probably would endorse Romney, or saying he would endorse someone, and RP was basically like   :dubious:  :nono:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
ron paul wasn't screwed out of anything, he's just an old nutcase that a small percentage of people like, and most of those people also happen to be nutcases.

Mitt believes in the Book of Mormon...thats a whole lot crazier than the gold standard.

i find mitt/mormons on even ground with ron paul in the nutcase scale, fwiw

it's weird that the rnc people are trying to portray a solid republican party by not mentioning ron paul, but let's not get carried away with conspiracy talks.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

it's weird that the rnc people are trying to portray a solid republican party by not mentioning ron paul, but let's not get carried away with conspiracy talks.

Paul was given the opportunity to speak.  He declined because he didn't want to give a speech that would have to be approved by the Romney campaign.  I'm not sure why he would speak at this event, it would be bad for the Republican party and their support of Romney against Obama if Paul got up there and voiced his views which oppose Romney strongly in many ways.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

i think we're not on the same page.  i find mormons to be amongst the stupidest, nuttiest people that have ever walked the face of the earth.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

i think we're not on the same page.  i find mormons to be amongst the stupidest, nuttiest people that have ever walked the face of the earth.

All religions are stupid if you believe only in yourself and that there is nothing after life.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Paul was given the opportunity to speak.  He declined because he didn't want to give a speech that would have to be approved by the Romney campaign.  I'm not sure why he would speak at this event, it would be bad for the Republican party and their support of Romney against Obama if Paul got up there and voiced his views which oppose Romney strongly in many ways.

It hurts them worse to give Ron Paul the cold shoulder and alienate all his supporters.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

All religions are stupid

agreed

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

All religions are stupid if you believe only in yourself and that there is nothing after life.

oh sftu. Just because i chose not believe in fair tales does not mean I "believe only in myself". Talk about echoing Bill O'reilly and Rush Limbaugh bull crap.....Christ..

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It hurts them worse to give Ron Paul the cold shoulder and alienate all his supporters.

Worse than if he got up in front of the RNC and said he would not support Romney because he disagrees with him on X, Y, and Z?  Because I think that is what would have happened had he been allowed to give his own speech.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Worse than if he got up in front of the RNC and said he would not support Romney because he disagrees with him on X, Y, and Z?  Because I think that is what would have happened had he been allowed to give his own speech.

I don't think he would have got up and did that, but we'll never know. It would have been Ron Paul's last time on a major stage. He probably wouldn't try and take the R's down, no matter how sweet it would be. I still say alienating his supporters and the tea party will hurt more in the long run.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

That's pretty stupid.  I believe in all sorts of stuff besides myself and think religions are stupid.  Are you cracking up a bit?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ron Paul has very few supporters. It's just that his supporters are loud, obsessed, and treat him like a cult leader. Get over yourselves losers. You lost.

Also nothing would change if Ron Paul was elected president.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Ron Paul has very few supporters. It's just that his supporters are loud, obsessed, and treat him like a cult leader. Get over yourselves losers. You lost.

you're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

NOPE.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
When is Ron Paul going to endorse his party's nominee? #soreloser

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
When is Ron Paul going to endorse his party's nominee? #soreloser
:lol:
His party? The party that took advantage of and shunned him? Get real.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
What is the most annoying thing about all of this is that....even tho you may not agree on the issues... there is no reason a candidate should be treated the way he has. PERIOD. Every candidate should be heard and all options and ideas should be presented to the American People.  And its become apparent that this two party system has been hi jacked and that they do not want you to see a different point of view. just republican or democrat thats it! And they do control the media and they do influence the way you think. That is reality. You can just accept it and correct the problem or continue the fantasy world a majority of this board lives in and when the entire society we know it collapses. ( due to the economic collapse) That is why we have fallen into such a hole. We just keep on digging and refuse to look up and see how deep we have dug!  And its just a shame we cant even have a fair election in this country. I dont even want to know how big the number of dead people voting for mitt is. 

Where are we at now? Well Paul has a slim chance in hell to win if not any. Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states and the Paul faction could just transfer into the Johnson group and continue the freedom movement. Or we decide between two evils. And in my opinion, Mitt Romney is a better choice than Barry Soeretoro or however its spelled! Barry will destroy America ALOT quicker than Mitt will.  All in all, this whole process ( which is the first i have truly followed) is a complete and total FARCE. ITs a joke that we have to put up with this. And im glad that alot of the younger generation can see whats happening. Pike, Heinzballz you guys are great. continue spreading the message of Liberty. Because in the end its all we can do.
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty- Thomas Jefferson
EMAW

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile