Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 52440 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
I'll try to talk him out of it

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
I am not mad at k-state basketball because Frank left. I am full on the Frank Martin hate wagon, and I hope he never succeeds at anything again.  I am mad because k-state basketball has been really fun to watch and follow for the past 6 years, and now it isn't. I barely ever come to this board anymore. I'll check out the recruiting thread and just get depressed knowing that it really doesn't matter who we get, because oscar weber is not a winner. He is not going to win us anything ever. I imagine us playing an excruciatingly boring brand of basketball, then we have to look at this loser's face after we lose and are bored. And the idiots that say "he hasn't coached a game here, yet" need to shut up and just stop saying that. Just because he hasn't lost his games in Manhattan, ks does not mean that his games at Illinois don't count. He's not inheriting a team as good as the one he got at Illinois. Sweet 16 is the ceiling for this team when coached by oscar weber, and that makes me sad. Mainly for the players, because they deserve better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
Frank left KState. He didn't have to. He may have put himself in a position that he had to but he knew what he was doing. Even he's not that stupid.

Well, whoever we want to blame, Frank's gone.  So that's that.  Then Currie mumped us with Weber and tried to tell us life was better.  Frank's not a factor in that rough ridin' of EMAW.

I can hate plenty of people at once. I'll always be most vocal about the one people are trying to make a martyr of though.
Frank will be coaching at gym near dobber. Maybe I can don a gamecock shirt and then PI him the entire game as his team is getting destroyed. Then, as I leave the gym, I'll take off the gamecock shirt revealing a beautiful purple shirt and say something really snarky as I walk past Frank. Would that help you, sd?
Trim, you will need to help me with the PI'ing.
NOTE: I am not trying to turn into fanning. This is a one time deal where I will do the biding of the mods on this site simply due to my proximity.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »
I am mad because k-state basketball has been really fun to watch and follow for the past 6 years, and now it isn't.

:thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
Frank will be coaching at gym near dobber. Maybe I can don a gamecock shirt and then PI him the entire game as his team is getting destroyed. Then, as I leave the gym, I'll take off the gamecock shirt revealing a beautiful purple shirt and say something really snarky as I walk past Frank. Would that help you, sd?
NOTE: I am not trying to turn into fanning. This is a one time deal where I will do the biding of the mods on this site simply due to my proximity.

fanning wouldn't have the ball to do anything of the sort.

As for what to say, maybe find out who his favorite guy on the new squad is and nonchalantly tell him that he won't be playing next game.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
For the record, I renewed my tickets this year.  I know a couple that did not, which is why I started this thread.

My expectations for this upcoming season are results similar to last year's: 22-11 or thereabouts, and 10-8 in conference.  Regardless of what happens, I'll be in my seats every game, just like always.

Last year, we used a couple of miracle upsets at BU and at MU to secure our spot in the tourney.  If we had lost one of those, we'd have been 9-9 in conf and sitting on the bubble.  If we had lost both, we would have been NIT bound.  I don't expect oscar to lead us to some monster road wins like that, but I'm hoping we'll take better care of our home floor to offset it.

Next year, once Rodney and JO have graduated, I think our roster is the epitome of an NIT-caliber team.  A good PG in Angel, an undersized big man in Gipson, and a smart plucky white guy in Spradling.  I don't really know what to expect from oscar as he attempts to recruit to Manhattan.  Hopefully, the completed BTF will help with that.  He's going to have (at least) 4 scholarships to offer and he's going to have to hit on at least a couple of those if we're going to maintain the level of success we've had the last few years.  He's not inheriting Beasley, Walker and Pullen, so he's not going to have it as easy as Frank did.  Is he up to the challenge?  For better or worse, we're going to find out.

My response started this firestorm. I agree with many things you said. I'll still be at a few weekend games and the @ games in Oklahoma. Much of your post is why I didn't renew mine. I always bought season tickets as an investment to garuntee I always had seats in case KSU ever made a jump to a level that resulted in consistent sellouts and it would be advantageous to have season tickets over buying singles to the games I can make. The oscar hire shows me that our AD doesn't view KSU as able to make that jump as oscar has proven he isn't that level of coach. I'll still come to the same number of games, but I won't overpay for that investment as it won't be worth it. I'll be able to easily get $50 tickets to the games I can make it to for the next 3-5 years. I won't change my Ahearn donation level, i'll just re-allocate to try and get in a better section for FB.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

As for what to say, maybe find out who his favorite guy on the new squad is and nonchalantly tell him that he won't be playing next game.
You have a gift.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
All I said is that I think oscar is a good fit for K-State. And that Gene Keady is pretty smart, and knows basketball.  I didn't make that connection. I agree with Keady that Weber is a good fit, but he isn't the reason I think that.

Honestly, I think Weber relates well to Kansans. I think he can relate to the players (granted, not like Martin could with Hispanic players). He is well spoken. He is an x's and o's coach. He talks about hard nosed defense. He seems passionate. He seems to care about more than just basketball.

I don't know. Maybe it's just lip service. Maybe he just reminds me of a lot of the coaches I admire in the way he presents himself. We'll find out.

Holy eff, I mean tuck, rough ridin' tuck.  What in the blue hell does "relates well to Kansans" mean?  Sounds like code talk.  I'll continue to read the thread now in hopes that 5 minutes after you posted this you realized how incredibly mumped it sounds.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
Lot of FP's in the K-State fanbase, "oh, oh, its not gonna be any fun without Frank around . . . it's not fun anymore". 

How the eff can you say that?

oscar may suck balls, but we won't know that for awhile now will we?   

oscar Weber:  Final Four Trophies, Conference Championship Trophies

Frank Martin:  One really good season, a few other nice ones, no trophies of significance . . . and smart enough to recognize that behind him was the Hindenburg and ahead was a pink slip if he stayed.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
After Snyder 2011, I can't trust this board's Weber predictions.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »
Lot of FP's in the K-State fanbase, "oh, oh, its not gonna be any fun without Frank around . . . it's not fun anymore". 

How the eff can you say that?

oscar may suck balls, but we won't know that for awhile now will we?   

oscar Weber:  Final Four Trophies, Conference Championship Trophies

Frank Martin:  One really good season, a few other nice ones, no trophies of significance . . . and smart enough to recognize that behind him was the Hindenburg and ahead was a pink slip if he stayed.

Don't forget oscar's staggering career wins lead.

#Gottlieb4KSU

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
dax, do you use the name Fake Sugar Dick when you post in the DK Dome?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
I'll continue to read the thread now in hopes that 5 minutes after you posted this you realized how incredibly mumped it sounds.

:lol:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
Fwiw, I don't think anyone said that Snyder was a terrible coach, they just didn't want a guy that has an expiration date. If Snyder said he was coming back to coach until he dies, then it would be different than coming back to calm the waters.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »
It really is sad for me right now . . . seeing that just like on Wabash during Snyder I (and now), we've got a lot of people who are bigger fans of the coach than they are of K-State.

Sad . . . really.

These threads would be much better without strawman arguments and intellectual dishonesty.  I know this posting style is a trademark of yours but it sidetracks discussions and forces people to repeat basic arguments that should really go left unsaid.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

It's cause I'm too nice. You've seen my attempt at PI'ing. I don't like conflict and that's what gets Trim up in the morning.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2012, 10:03:55 PM »
It really is sad for me right now . . . seeing that just like on Wabash during Snyder I (and now), we've got a lot of people who are bigger fans of the coach than they are of K-State.

Sad . . . really.

These threads would be much better without strawman arguments and intellectual dishonesty.  I know this posting style is a trademark of yours but it sidetracks discussions and forces people to repeat basic arguments that should really go left unsaid.

Oh Bull$hit . . . this board over the last several months is Wabash Circa 2005 regarding Snyder. 

The occasional, "oh well Eff Frank" post doesn't change the basic reality.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »
Fwiw, I don't think anyone said that Snyder was a terrible coach, they just didn't want a guy that has an expiration date. If Snyder said he was coming back to coach until he dies, then it would be different than coming back to calm the waters.

The large majority here thought he would be mediocre at best.  Some of the most vocal credited his successes to his former assistants.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »

It's cause I'm too nice. You've seen my attempt at PI'ing. I don't like conflict and that's what gets Trim up in the morning.

It was a ball joke, you dumbass.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
 :embarrassed:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2012, 10:11:54 PM »
Good god I love everyone here, especially Pete, but eff me. I mean we've bitched for 5 straight months about this. Can we take a break? Just give it one rough ridin' season, for christ sake. I feel like we're having the same conversation over, and over, and over... Yes proven loser, chicken nuggets, dumbass, and more. He's also proven to be a winner with other coaches players. Can I atleast enjoy this season before we #burnitdown? Or are we going to have the same convo on every thread, every day? Cause if so, eff it, I might give kstatefans a try again.

If you don't want to have the conversation over and over don't participate in the conversations. It seems easy enough to me.

And captain, thanks again for your input in these threads.

_FAN with an appearance!!  :excited:  Must be close to football season!  :dance:
Yeah, weird. His first post in a decade and of course it's to retaliate me. Just when you think you know someone. Smh.

It's all good fanning.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »

Sad . . . really.

Oh Bull$hit . . . this board over the last several months is Wabash Circa 2005 regarding Snyder. 

I don't know a damn thing about Wabash Station circa 2005, what you and I both know is that this thread or any similar thread doesn't exist on this board if Doug Gottlieb or any other several dozen men were named head coach.  So for the sake of keeping things moving please spare all of us the you love Frank more than K-State bullshit.  Hating the Weber hire has dick to do with Frank Martin and you know it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »

Sad . . . really.

I don't know a damn thing about Wabash Station circa 2005, what you and I both know is that this thread or any similar thread doesn't exist on this board if Doug Gottlieb or any other several dozen men were named head coach.  So for the sake of keeping things moving please spare all of us the you love Frank more than K-State bullshit.  Hating the Weber hire has dick to do with Frank Martin and you know it.

I think that was the sentence Wikipedia used on the "Examples of Intellectual Dishonesty" page.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »
All I said is that I think oscar is a good fit for K-State. And that Gene Keady is pretty smart, and knows basketball.  I didn't make that connection. I agree with Keady that Weber is a good fit, but he isn't the reason I think that.

Honestly, I think Weber relates well to Kansans. I think he can relate to the players (granted, not like Martin could with Hispanic players). He is well spoken. He is an x's and o's coach. He talks about hard nosed defense. He seems passionate. He seems to care about more than just basketball.

I don't know. Maybe it's just lip service. Maybe he just reminds me of a lot of the coaches I admire in the way he presents himself. We'll find out.

Holy eff, I mean tuck, rough ridin' tuck.  What in the blue hell does "relates well to Kansans" mean?  Sounds like code talk.  I'll continue to read the thread now in hopes that 5 minutes after you posted this you realized how incredibly mumped it sounds.

Who do you think an alum would find easier to talk to? Frank or Weber? Honestly... don't try to make something that it isn't.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »

Who do you think an alum would find easier to talk to? Frank or Weber? Honestly... don't try to make something that it isn't.

I'm an alum, lots of alums on this board.  I found it very easy to talk to Frank.  Haven't had a chance to talk to Weber yet though.  We shall see. We shall see.  Also, who gives a eff?
:adios: