Author Topic: goEMAW.com bbq, smoking, grilling, etc. thread!  (Read 469744 times)

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW.com bbq, smoking, grilling, etc. thread!
« Reply #4300 on: March 29, 2020, 06:39:37 PM »

I’ve been waiting all day for this.  Definitely going to overeat. 

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: March 30, 2020, 02:52:36 AM »
Spent the afternoon smoking two racks of ribs but can't attach the pics for some reason  :frown:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: March 30, 2020, 11:40:47 PM »
Hello all. I’m moving on from a charcoal Weber entry level grill, looking at moving into the realm of a 4 burner gas grill. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
I’m looking at an enclosed Char Broil 4 Burner performance, 36k BTU’s think it would be nice for this spring and summer. TIA goEMAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: March 31, 2020, 12:43:15 AM »
Hello all. I’m moving on from a charcoal Weber entry level grill, looking at moving into the realm of a 4 burner gas grill. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
I’m looking at an enclosed Char Broil 4 Burner performance, 36k BTU’s think it would be nice for this spring and summer. TIA goEMAW

Have you looked at the Vogner CharKing Imperial? Top of the line gas grill. You really taste the meat instead of the heat on these guys.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: March 31, 2020, 06:27:36 AM »
I have never felt like you taste the gas grill. I can’t stand anything that has been cooked with lighter fluid or cheap charcoal tho. My mom has a BGE and I love it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: March 31, 2020, 08:54:08 AM »
I have never felt like you taste the gas grill. I can’t stand anything that has been cooked with lighter fluid or cheap charcoal tho. My mom has a BGE and I love it.

that's funny because i'm the complete opposite.
when it comes to grilled meatballs, i prefer mine cooked in a sous vide bath of lighter fluid and charcoal juice

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: March 31, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »
Clams splashing some lighter fluid on his face and then turning to the camera like Jack Palance.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: March 31, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »

Have you looked at the Vogner CharKing Imperial? Top of the line gas grill. You really taste the meat instead of the heat on these guys.
Love the king of the hill reference. Hank would be the guy I would go to for all of propane and propane accesories
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: March 31, 2020, 09:51:11 AM »
Clams splashing some lighter fluid on his face and then turning to the camera like Jack Palance.
Real talk KK, we have been grilling in the evenings the last week and been looking at an upgrade mainly because charcoal is a pain in the ass and some can taste the lighter fluid. Surprisingly the Home depot in manhattan is still open and so is ACE hardware so i have been told to go "shopping". lol 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:52 AM »
people use charcoal and don't use a chimney starter?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: March 31, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
I bought mine assembled.  I've got one of these and it is fine.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/spirit-series/46110001.html?cgid=107390#start=1

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: March 31, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »
people use charcoal and don't use a chimney starter?
lol yes I don't have a coals table.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: March 31, 2020, 10:26:50 AM »
https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/spirit-series/46110001.html?cgid=107390#start=1

This is exactly what I have, works great. Easy to get new grates and other parts that wear out quicker than others and make it last a while. Add 100 to the model # for each additional burner you want/need. Make sure you get a Spirit and not a Spirit II; the II makes you put the tank on the side and wastes space.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: March 31, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »

This is exactly what I have, works great. Easy to get new grates and other parts that wear out quicker than others and make it last a while. Add 100 to the model # for each additional burner you want/need. Make sure you get a Spirit and not a Spirit II; the II makes you put the tank on the side and wastes space.
Yeah why in the eff would you build a grill that doesn't store the propane tank??? SOOO dumb!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: March 31, 2020, 10:43:57 AM »
And you should be able to find a store that will have it at a good price plus deliver it to you assembled and haul away your old one for free.  Tip them.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: March 31, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
And you should be able to find a store that will have it at a good price plus deliver it to you assembled and haul away your old one for free.  Tip them.
my brother without a doubt is getting the old grill. But if they end up delivering it you bet imma tip em untraceable cash...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: March 31, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
What makes one gas grill superior to others? I have some $100 2 burner pos from Walmart that works fine?

School my lggiq
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: March 31, 2020, 10:55:12 AM »

Or you could rip it apart with your bare hands and throw it in the dumpster.  Save the tank tho.
@mikec2w

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »
What makes one gas grill superior to others? I have some $100 2 burner pos from Walmart that works fine?

School my lggiq
from what i have been reading its pretty much about just having more space to be able to cook bigger quantities at once. I'm tryna keep price down because well not really working all that much but i have the money for one under $300. Where i'll be living with three other people next year i'm looking at one that i can cook alot with.
That's really why i'm looking at that 4 burner. I came here for suggestions and boy has goEMAW.com delivered.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: March 31, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »

Or you could rip it apart with your bare hands and throw it in the dumpster.  Save the tank tho.
Sorry i can't afford whatever fancy schmancy rig you may be using at the crib XT

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: March 31, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »
I posted a pic earlier ITT that shows what I bought recently.  I think you can pick them up for a couple hundred bucks at Wally World.  Makes great steaks, seafood, breakfast, fried rice, philly cheese sandos, etc.
@mikec2w

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: March 31, 2020, 11:06:00 AM »

School my lggiq
from what i have been reading its pretty much about just having more space to be able to cook bigger quantities at once. I'm tryna keep price down because well not really working all that much but i have the money for one under $300. Where i'll be living with three other people next year i'm looking at one that i can cook alot with.
That's really why i'm looking at that 4 burner. I came here for suggestions and boy has goEMAW.com delivered.

Grad school or victory lap?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: March 31, 2020, 11:38:45 AM »

:lol:  Forgot about that. 

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: March 31, 2020, 11:45:01 AM »

School my lggiq

Well neither. I graduate this spring have a job here in town and splitting rent 4 ways is baller. Tryna save up and my girlfriend is still in grad school so she will be living with me and everyone splitting rent til she gets out and we can get our own place.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: March 31, 2020, 11:47:00 AM »

School my lggiq

Well neither. I graduate this spring have a job here in town and splitting rent 4 ways is baller. Tryna save up and my girlfriend is still in grad school so she will be living with me and everyone splitting rent til she gets out and we can get our own place.

I wouldn't be cool with your girlfriend living with the gang.