Author Topic: Aurora Shooting  (Read 52348 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora Shooting
« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
I think if you murder someone, that they should be killed the same way as they murdered. Eye-for-an-eye!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
Remind me again what the cost difference is between the injection and putting up a criminal for life?

IIRC, the injection is way more expensive than you'd think.

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=323278&catid=222

looks like colorado uses Sodium Thiopental
http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/injection.html
The five grams of sodium thiopental apparently cost the state some $351.10

there are tons and tons of costs other than the drug itself, but i was curious about the drug.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »
I think if you murder someone, that they should be killed the same way as they murdered. Eye-for-an-eye!

Exactly! And if somebody rapes you, you should be able to rape them back!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 01, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
Okay.  So like full steam ahead with killing him, but let's not pretend we're occupying the high moral ground.

LOL, you're trying so hard. It's cute.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »
Remind me again what the cost difference is between the injection and putting up a criminal for life?

there are tons and tons of costs other than the drug itself, but i was curious about the drug.

Right, the drug itself isn't as expensive as the stuff that accompany it. 350 bones, eh? I bet you get high as crap.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »

Right, the drug itself isn't as expensive as the stuff that accompany it. 350 bones, eh? I bet you get high as crap.

It'll take 10 years to kill him probably.  All the while attorneys are doing stuff.  Gets expensive.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
My whole thought on the death penalty is that if there is any chance that someone could be killed who is innocent it is not an ok avenue to go down.  I think we can all agree that an innocent person being killed is certainly a possibility and therefore I don't think the death penalty should be used.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
Russia had it right with Siberia. 

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
My whole thought on the death penalty is that if there is any chance that someone could be killed who is innocent it is not an ok avenue to go down.  I think we can all agree that an innocent person being killed is certainly a possibility and therefore I don't think the death penalty should be used.

Some situations, no that is not a possibility though. There is such a thing as 100% stone cold lock- guilty

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
Russia had it right with Siberia. 

instead of siberia, we could send all of the bad guys to lawrentucky :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »
lol

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »
Oh man, Clams, that would really show them. 

I mean, waking up every day that far from an airport or decent football stadium.  Would be killer deterrent. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »
i was thinking about the bhopal chemical plant outside of lawrentucky, we could make them live next to it.  :lol: 

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2013, 08:59:03 PM »

Some situations, no that is not a possibility though. There is such a thing as 100% stone cold lock- guilty
So you want to trust the same government that has trouble building bridges that resist the force of gravity or figuring out how to move around pieces of paper without losing boatloads of money to figure out which ones are 100% stone cold locks?

If the only cause to take a person's life, is that they murdered an innocent, and we the people execute a single, just one, innocent person, then we are all hypocrites.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »

So you want to trust the same government that has trouble building bridges that resist the force of gravity or figuring out how to move around pieces of paper without losing boatloads of money to figure out which ones are 100% stone cold locks?

If the only cause to take a person's life, is that they murdered an innocent, and we the people execute a single, just one, innocent person, then we are all hypocrites.

no, denied, murdering one innocent is nowhere close to murdering a ton of people in a movie theater
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:23 PM »

no, denied, murdering one innocent is nowhere close to murdering a ton of people in a movie theater
No argument there, but the point is you're still, by having a death penalty, assuming the risk that you will be directly responsible for executing an innocent person.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 02, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
Like I don't disagree that he should die, but he's crazy, right?  And we (as a country) don't believe in capital punishment for the insane, right?  But we do when it's convenient, right?

I don't think we should every use capital punishment.

I agree. Just jail them for life. Killing is wrong.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
I am fine with that, but don't take away their belts or shoe laces or anything.

I mean, that's bullshit.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »
I don't even care if the person murdered like 1000 people on camera, admitted to the crime, and laughed about it in court. I don't want him getting the death penalty. Life is enough.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
I don't even care if the person murdered like 1000 people on camera, admitted to the crime, and laughed about it in court. I don't want him getting the death penalty. Life is enough.

What if he raped you and killed everybody you cared about?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »

What if he raped you and killed everybody you cared about?

Life

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 02, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »
NK, there is some combo that someone somewhere is in prison for that if committed against you and yours, you would want that person killed.

Promise.

This is like the gay marriage thing.  I don't think ppl personalize it enough to understand it. 

It isn't a question of person A killing person B.  It's an issue of your neighbor killing your daughter and what he deserves for such an act.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Aurora Shooting
« Reply #572 on: April 02, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
NK, there is some combo that someone somewhere is in prison for that if committed against you and yours, you would want that person killed.

Promise.

This is like the gay marriage thing.  I don't think ppl personalize it enough to understand it. 

It isn't a question of person A killing person B.  It's an issue of your neighbor killing your daughter and what he deserves for such an act.

eff off, you don't know how he would react in that situation. I wouldn't want more people murdered just because they murdered someone I cared about. What the eff does that accomplish?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Aurora Shooting
« Reply #573 on: April 02, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »

Promise.

eff off, you don't know how he would react in that situation. I wouldn't want more people murdered just because they murdered someone I cared about. What the eff does that accomplish?

It's human nature.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 02, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »
i don't think that the death penalty should ever be used.