Author Topic: 6th in the Big 12?  (Read 14813 times)

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 6th in the Big 12?
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 12:11:55 AM »
true freshman qb for osu. do people forget that?

they have 6 B12 first teamers though

Meh they have five and that includes a pk and punter. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »
Don't think Baylor will have as big a dropoff as everyone thinks.  The backup QB from last year looked pretty good when he got a shot at playing time.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »
we were really really lucky last year in a lot of games.

No we didn't. Getting lucky in football is pretty rare. I would say the team was lucky 2 years ago against UCF when that guy fell down with leg cramps when he had a touchdown otherwise.
Nothing like that happened last year at any point. The team stepped up and made big time plays when they had to time after time. That's not luck. That's skill.

I think the Vegas line has a lot more to do with the percentage of our offense Klein provides and the amount of punishment he took last season than it does some analysis that draws the experts to conclude we were lucky. They think Klein will not make it through the season and then we have a true freshman and a redshirt freshman backing him up.
:lol:
Totally forgot about this

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »

their o-line and rb's are fantastic so he doesn't matter.

hey guys, i like anything related to the state of oklahoma because i live there and whatever  :flush:

i live an hour away from stillwater and get tons of media coverage.   :dunno:  osu will still be good, not a ton of drop-off from last year.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »

hey guys, i like anything related to the state of oklahoma because i live there and whatever  :flush:

i live an hour away from stillwater and get tons of media coverage.   :dunno:  osu will still be good, not a ton of drop-off from last year.

I don't know that was one of the worst defenses we saw last year.  People have downgraded KSU because they got a lot of turnovers last year but OSU got an unreal crazy high number of turnovers.  KSU was plus 12 in turnovers and OSU was plas 21.  KSU's number was largey due due to conservative play they had the least turnovers in the big 12 by a fair margin.  OSU did it by forcing 44 turnovers the next closest in the big 12 was 29.   Everyone wants to credit the genious Bill Young but some of that is just luck.  KSU has a far greater chance of repeating their plus 12 then OSU does of repeating plus 21 with 44 take aways but you won't read that anywhere.   

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
we were really really lucky last year in a lot of games.

No we didn't. Getting lucky in football is pretty rare. I would say the team was lucky 2 years ago against UCF when that guy fell down with leg cramps when he had a touchdown otherwise.
Nothing like that happened last year at any point. The team stepped up and made big time plays when they had to time after time. That's not luck. That's skill.

I think the Vegas line has a lot more to do with the percentage of our offense Klein provides and the amount of punishment he took last season than it does some analysis that draws the experts to conclude we were lucky. They think Klein will not make it through the season and then we have a true freshman and a redshirt freshman backing him up.
:lol:
Totally forgot about this

Don't recall, is there a gif or youtube?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »
T's and P's Bread.

He got better.
CNS Casey's T's and P's are super magical.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 10:41:03 AM »

I don't know that was one of the worst defenses we saw last year.  People have downgraded KSU because they got a lot of turnovers last year but OSU got an unreal crazy high number of turnovers.  KSU was plus 12 in turnovers and OSU was plas 21.  KSU's number was largey due due to conservative play they had the least turnovers in the big 12 by a fair margin.  OSU did it by forcing 44 turnovers the next closest in the big 12 was 29.   Everyone wants to credit the genious Bill Young but some of that is just luck.  KSU has a far greater chance of repeating their plus 12 then OSU does of repeating plus 21 with 44 take aways but you won't read that anywhere.

How does forcing 44 turnovers equate to being one of the worst defenses we saw last year? OSU was very good defensively last season, and they will be very good again this year.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »

How does forcing 44 turnovers equate to being one of the worst defenses we saw last year? OSU was very good defensively last season, and they will be very good again this year.

We rollled up over 500 yards on them they were soft against the run all season.  By the end of the game they had nothing for us I think we gained more yards against them then we did on anyone all season.  They got beat by ISU because they gave up like 600 yards or something stupid to them. They were near the bottom of the big 12 in defense they were saved by the turnovers.  You  have to give them some credit for forcing turnovers but 44 is a stupid high number they'd do very well to force 30 this coming year.     

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »

We rollled up over 500 yards on them they were soft against the run all season.  By the end of the game they had nothing for us I think we gained more yards against them then we did on anyone all season.  They got beat by ISU because they gave up like 600 yards or something stupid to them. They were near the bottom of the big 12 in defense they were saved by the turnovers.  You  have to give them some credit for forcing turnovers but 44 is a stupid high number they'd do very well to force 30 this coming year.   

they beat us.   :dunno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
OSU's defense was also on the field for an absurd number of plays.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »
The BU @ OSU game last year was good example of OSU's D freaky turnover numbers.  Baylor gained 280 yards in the first half, averaging  5 yards per play and did not score a point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
Don't think Baylor will have as big a dropoff as everyone thinks.  The backup QB from last year looked pretty good when he got a shot at playing time.

Losing that one receiver(don't recall his name) is going to be almost as big of a deal as losing RG3.  The combo of them was ridic.  The back up QB was dece, but he is missing one of the best receivers in the Big 12 this year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »

Losing that one receiver(don't recall his name) is going to be almost as big of a deal as losing RG3.  The combo of them was ridic.  The back up QB was dece, but he is missing one of the best receivers in the Big 12 this year.

kendall wright.  yeah, he was ridic.  also terrance ganaway.  three huge offensive weapons.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »
OSU's QB knew the offense so well he taught it to his new OC in the off season.  This year, they have a true frosh QB.  Either they got super lucky in their QB recruiting, or they will drop off this year.  Not saying they will suck, but to say that a frosh will replace Weeden with no drop off is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Like, really Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »

Yeah they beat us just like we beat 10 other teams.  People seem to want to say it was all luck for us and all skill for teams like OSU.  Probably a combination of luck and skill for both teams but OSU lost far more then we did.  I still think they'll be pretty good but they won't be as good on offense and will have a very hard time repeating what they did on defense with the turnovers.     

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »

Yeah they beat us just like we beat 10 other teams.  People seem to want to say it was all luck for us and all skill for teams like OSU.  Probably a combination of luck and skill for both teams but OSU lost far more then we did.  I still think they'll be pretty good but they won't be as good on offense and will have a very hard time repeating what they did on defense with the turnovers.   

they have mike gundy (smells good, looks good) getting bigtime recruits.  we have LHC Bill Snyder (smells like bengay and werthers originals) not doing that. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »
they have mike gundy (smells good, looks good) getting bigtime recruits.  we have LHC Bill Snyder (smells like bengay and werthers originals) not doing that.

Exactly. They have the second best coach in the Big 12, behind only Mack Brown. They won't be as good as last year, but they will still be one of the 3 best teams in the Big 12.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
OSU's recruiting is overated especially by KSU fans.  If you're stealing kids from KSU your recruiting isn't great.   Look at last year's class it was nothing at all special.  They have some nice commits right now but the last couple of years prior were just ok.   

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
OSU's recruiting is overated especially by KSU fans.  If you're stealing kids from KSU your recruiting isn't great.   Look at last year's class it was nothing at all special.  They have some nice commits right now but the last couple of years prior were just ok.   

36, 31, 28, 32

that's osu's national ranking in recruiting the past 4 years (ksu not in top 50 any of those years)

they pulled in 13 4-stars in that time period, ksu signed 3 4-star players during that same timeframe.

out-recruiting kstate isn't an achievement by any means, but please stop saying that gundy doesn't recruit well.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »

36, 31, 28, 32

that's osu's national ranking in recruiting the past 4 years (ksu not in top 50 any of those years)

they pulled in 13 4-stars in that time period, ksu signed 3 4-star players during that same timeframe.

out-recruiting kstate isn't an achievement by any means, but please stop saying that gundy doesn't recruit well.

He recruits better then KSU no question but I think the perception is he's signing 10 or 15 four stars per year with top 10 classes and he's not.  He signed more 2 stars then he did 4 stars last year.  The recruiting rankings you posted pretty much reflect what I said about their recruiting it's ok. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

36, 31, 28, 32

He recruits better then KSU no question but I think the perception is he's signing 10 or 15 four stars per year with top 10 classes and he's not.  He signed more 2 stars then he did 4 stars last year.  The recruiting rankings you posted pretty much reflect what I said about their recruiting it's ok.

ok.  they will still be top 3 conference.   :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
Hey dickheads:  yes, Gundy recruits well.  We don't, but we still win. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
Gundy recruits incredibly well because he recruits the best players in America to run his system. You cannot argue with his results.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »
Gundy recruits incredibly well because he recruits the best players in America to run his system. You cannot argue with his results.

you could say the same thing about Snyder but nobody ever does.  Gundy is a good coch he's done a good job he's not going to have OSU in the top 10 every year though.  The talent on the team this year doesn't square with the expectations.