Author Topic: 6th in the Big 12?  (Read 14818 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 6th in the Big 12?
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2012, 08:43:31 AM »
Yeah, a wise man once said, "Let the pickers pick and the players play."

That must have been one confirmed individual.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
OSU's QB knew the offense so well he taught it to his new OC in the off season.  This year, they have a true frosh QB.  Either they got super lucky in their QB recruiting, or they will drop off this year.  Not saying they will suck, but to say that a frosh will replace Weeden with no drop off is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Like, really Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Not disagreeing, but it's not like they're stuck with a true frosh.  If he starts, it's because he beat out a rs-junior in Chelf who has played mop up duty the past two seasons.  Plus Lunt is pretty rough ridin' good
even for a true frosh: A two-time state champion in Illinois...Missed the early portion of his senior season with injury but returned to throw for 3,650 yards and 31 touchdowns and just four interceptions while completing 73 percent of his throws ... Set a state record with a 590-yard passing game ... Also holds Illinois high school records for passing yards and completions in a state championship game ... Over his last two seasons he amassed more than 7,000 passing yards, had 65 touchdown passes and
just eight interceptions.  He can rough ridin' sling it. 

Certainly some drop off is to be expected though.  Weeden was a grown ass man.

Seriously had no idea they played football in the state if Illinois.  Knowing this true freshman is from
Illinois, I'm fairly certain we beat osu by 21.

:dubious: :shakesfist:  I played football in Illinois and I can assure you it was very elite.

If it was so elite, then what was your rivals star rating?

I said Illinois high school football was elite, not me personally, though I may very well have been.  I graduated in 1998, therefor I antedate stars.  We'll never know what my star rating might have been.  No game film; alas my parents weren't videotapers.  Who can say, Nuts Kicked?  We can't rule it out. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
OSU fans are apparently very sensitive about this. TMB posters had issues as well.

those rednecks are sensitive about everything.  imagine living under OU's shadow your entire life.  would be terrible (think KU football fans but worse).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
OSU's QB knew the offense so well he taught it to his new OC in the off season.  This year, they have a true frosh QB.  Either they got super lucky in their QB recruiting, or they will drop off this year.  Not saying they will suck, but to say that a frosh will replace Weeden with no drop off is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Like, really Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Not disagreeing, but it's not like they're stuck with a true frosh.  If he starts, it's because he beat out a rs-junior in Chelf who has played mop up duty the past two seasons.  Plus Lunt is pretty rough ridin' good
even for a true frosh: A two-time state champion in Illinois...Missed the early portion of his senior season with injury but returned to throw for 3,650 yards and 31 touchdowns and just four interceptions while completing 73 percent of his throws ... Set a state record with a 590-yard passing game ... Also holds Illinois high school records for passing yards and completions in a state championship game ... Over his last two seasons he amassed more than 7,000 passing yards, had 65 touchdown passes and

Seriously had no idea they played football in the state if Illinois.  Knowing this true freshman is from

:dubious: :shakesfist:  I played football in Illinois and I can assure you it was very elite.

I said Illinois high school football was elite, not me personally, though I may very well have been.  I graduated in 1998, therefor I antedate stars.  We'll never know what my star rating might have been.  No game film; alas my parents weren't videotapers.  Who can say, Nuts Kicked?  We can't rule it out.

I will ascertain your potential football eliteness. what high school did you go to?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2012, 08:59:14 AM »

I will ascertain your potential football eliteness. what high school did you go to?

Mr. Bread, if it's the Fisher Bunnies you deserve at least 2 stars by default, IMO.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »
OSU fans are apparently very sensitive about this. TMB posters had issues as well.

those rednecks are sensitive about everything.  imagine living under OU's shadow your entire life.  would be terrible (think KU football fans but worse).

man, thanks for putting this in perspective for me pissclams. T's and P's pokes.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »
It was a smaller school, 2A of 6A at the time if I'm not mistaken.  I believe they've split it up into 8 divisions now.  We played in the Prairieland Conference, which has been jumbled around membership-wise since then.  We won it all four years I played (won it outright twice, tied for first twice), thus making the playoffs every season.  I believe we also won it several years before (consecutive that is) and at least the year after I graduated.  The farthest we advanced was the state semi-finals.  We were one of the smallest 2A schools enrollment-wise at the time.  Always hovering on the cusp of dropping down to 1A.  I'm fairly sure they're 1A of 8A now.  Adds to our eliteness argument at the time.  Ultimately we would always run into a program in the playoffs that had massive lines (relatively speaking), one thing we never had.  We hit really rough ridin' hard, but if you can't control the line of scrimmage you're doomed. 

The Illinois football comments we're tongue in cheek of course. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »
It was a smaller school, 2A of 6A at the time if I'm not mistaken.  I believe they've split it up into 8 divisions now.  We played in the Prairieland Conference, which has been jumbled around membership-wise since then.  We won it all four years I played (won it outright twice, tied for first twice), thus making the playoffs every season.  I believe we also won it several years before (consecutive that is) and at least the year after I graduated.  The farthest we advanced was the state semi-finals.  We were one of the smallest 2A schools enrollment-wise at the time.  Always hovering on the cusp of dropping down to 1A.  I'm fairly sure they're 1A of 8A now.  Adds to our eliteness argument at the time.  Ultimately we would always run into a program in the playoffs that had massive lines (relatively speaking), one thing we never had.  We hit really rough ridin' hard, but if you can't control the line of scrimmage you're doomed. 

Oh man I love me some good 8-man football!  :excited:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »

Hmmm... I'm going to guess either Brimfield-Elmwood or Abingdon. Would you have beaten Metamora? Probably not. Not 8-man fanning, IL schools do co-ops to field full teams.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »

Oh man I love me some good 8-man football!  :excited:

It was flag football dipshit.  An aristocrat's game, something I'm certain you wouldn't know a thing about.  Served you right up.  :dance:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »

Hmmm... I'm going to guess either Brimfield-Elmwood or Abingdon. Would you have beaten Metamora? Probably not. Not 8-man fanning, IL schools do co-ops to field full teams.

Metamora was 4A, never played them.  Elmwood was garbage back then, at least as far as I can remember, and no on Abingdon though they were always good. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »

A question was asked, ben ji.  :shakesfist:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »

Metamora was 4A, never played them.  Elmwood was garbage back then, at least as far as I can remember, and no on Abingdon though they were always good.

Heights!?!  :excited: :drool: :excited: :drool:
No, wait, you guys didn't have Heights back then. Nevermind.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »

Yeah, we played Peoria Heights.  We routinely dick stomped them.  They were terrible even with Ronnie Foster.   

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
we'll be top 3 bro's. we are all gonna be so very happy  :dance:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »

Yeah, we played Peoria Heights.  We routinely dick stomped them.  They were terrible even with Ronnie Foster.

For a split second I was hoping that you were Ronnie Foster.