Author Topic: Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion so People like Rusty can Avoid Spoilers  (Read 115354 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
MHK watch party tonight? (see no tv and internet thread)

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No TV. I could find a torrent around 1030 or 11, but that's the best I'll be able to offer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
has everyone seen my joke about how they should change the name from breaking to smelling?  pretty money. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
has everyone seen my joke about how they should change the name from breaking to smelling?  pretty money. 

You'll regret such blasphemy once you watch it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

I did not see that joke, so I am glad SD reposted it.  However, it is a really good show, so I hope SD is kidding. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it just seems kind of obvious. at the time i was all "destroy that crap!" and in true tv series form he did not.

yeah, that's what you should come to expect from a show like breaking bad.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

I did not see that joke, so I am glad SD reposted it.  However, it is a really good show, so I hope SD is kidding.

I've never seen it but it was such a great opportunity with the second word being bad and the first word ending in "ing".  so money. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Meth people and culture aggravates me in real life.  Not interested in this show.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meth people and culture aggravates me in real life.  Not interested in this show.

Really? 'Cause the rest of us just love meth, meth people, and meth culture. It's why we like the show.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Really? 'Cause the rest of us just love meth, meth people, and meth culture. It's why we like the show.

I figured as much. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:thumbs:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How great was the Scarface reference? This show is Scarface. People have been saying that for the past 2 seasons. And Skylar's face when Walt says, "Man, everyone dies in this movie, huh?" I think that was her full realization of the inevitable.

Also, chances that the next episode is Walt attempting to take out Mike? I put them at 95%.

Jesse is going to be so upset when he loses Walt. Whether it's Walt dying at Mike's hands, cancer's hands (shout out to CartierFor3), or Jesse's own, or just Jesse realizing that Walt has been betraying him this whole time. Nothing good has happened to Jesse this series, hence his breakdown in the hospital bed in season 3. After their talk after the first cook, he has a lot of respect for and trust in Walt. He's going to be so broken, and them I'm going to lose it and possibly kill Walt myself. And eff Walt for the whole "I know how hard it is to keep secrets from someone. Trust me." I would have Trim-style choked him out right then if possible.

Also, very cool cameo from Landry Clarke. He is the bridge between my favorite show of all time and my second favorite show of all time.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How great was the Scarface reference? This show is Scarface. People have been saying that for the past 2 seasons. And Skylar's face when Walt says, "Man, everyone dies in this movie, huh?" I think that was her full realization of the inevitable.

Also, chances that the next episode is Walt attempting to take out Mike? I put them at 95%.

Jesse is going to be so upset when he loses Walt. Whether it's Walt dying at Mike's hands, cancer's hands (shout out to CartierFor3), or Jesse's own, or just Jesse realizing that Walt has been betraying him this whole time. Nothing good has happened to Jesse this series, hence his breakdown in the hospital bed in season 3. After their talk after the first cook, he has a lot of respect for and trust in Walt. He's going to be so broken, and them I'm going to lose it and possibly kill Walt myself. And eff Walt for the whole "I know how hard it is to keep secrets from someone. Trust me." I would have Trim-style choked him out right then if possible.

Also, very cool cameo from Landry Clarke. He is the bridge between my favorite show of all time and my second favorite show of all time.

The reference to Scarface wasn't bad, but I couldn't help but think that AMC tacked that on to help advertise "Mob Week". Those legacy costs are definitely pissing Walt off, but I don't think he goes after Mike for at least a few more episodes.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think Vince Gilligan would write something in to benefit AMC. And when it was written I don't think they would have thought "this will be the episode airing right before Mob Week, maybe we should throw in a reference." I could be wrong. But it is interesting that Scarface is who Walter White gets compared to a lot.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
i kind of feel like a bad person because of how much i hate skyler.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh man, totally forgot how Walt doesn't take any blame for Skyler's meltdown. What if Skyler kills Walt? I think it's a possibility.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh man, totally forgot how Walt doesn't take any blame for Skyler's meltdown. What if Skyler kills Walt? I think it's a possibility.

That's definitely possible, but I don't think it will happen. It's much more likely that he gets killed by Jesse, Hank, Mike, or Saul. I think it will be Jesse, and Jesse will tell him that he flew too close to the sun as he dies.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He clearly didn't buy that caliber of weapon for Jesse or Skyler tho.  I foresee a scenario where Hank discovers walt's activity, and then has to decide whether to arrest him, cover him (walt used meth money to pay for his recovery) or take him out himself once he also puts 2 and 2 together and figures out how he wound up in that hospital bed and or loses his badge due to the connection.

I can see walt needing that gun for:
-Mike and Jessie (too obvious) I noticed last night how they accented Jessie picking up the chemistry so Mike could replace walt with him if Jessie turned on him.
-German consortium
-Hank on the warpath.
-Mexican/Chilean cartel remnants. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's definitely possible, but I don't think it will happen. It's much more likely that he gets killed by Jesse, Hank, Mike, or Saul. I think it will be Jesse, and Jesse will tell him that he flew too close to the sun as he dies.

Too obvious I think.  That line anyway, not that Jesse kills him.  IMO, this episode was fine, solid development, but overall kind of meh.  Skinny Pete on keyboard was probably my favorite part.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope when he's using that gun he says "say hello to my little friend". Also, I'm pretty sure the birthday that Marie was talking about to Skyler was his 51st. Which is interesting because the entire show has taken place over less than a year, yet the scene at the beginning of season 1 was foreshadowing something over a year away.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope when he's using that gun he says "say hello to my little friend". Also, I'm pretty sure the birthday that Marie was talking about to Skyler was his 51st. Which is interesting because the entire show has taken place over less than a year, yet the scene at the beginning of season 1 was foreshadowing something over a year away.

season 5, episode 1?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

season 5, episode 1?

Yeah.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm guessing he tries to get Jessie to kill Mike, he refuses, Walt tries to kill Mike, fails cause Mike is too badass. Realizes he's mumped, runs off with some meth, leading to the beginning of episode 1

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Skyler will be about to shoot Walt to protect her family then Hank will fire and shoot him from off to the side when nobody knew he was there.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Season 1, Episode 6:

Walt: Last time I checked, there was 16oz to a lb. What'd you do with the rest, smoke it?
Jesse Pinkman: Yo I been out there all night slangin' crystal. You think it's cake movin' a lb of meth one teenth at a time?
Walt: So why you selling it in such small quantities? Why don't you just sell the whole lb at once?
Jesse Pinkman: To who? What do I look like? Scarface?