Author Topic: Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion so People like Rusty can Avoid Spoilers  (Read 115349 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, how about that premier, guys? Pretty good, huh? I'm betting Walt doesn't really forgive Sky and then Ted decides not to stay quiet.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
shut up nuts kicked, this is between jakesie, rd, trim and I.. Long time coming.. :cracksknuckles:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :frown:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
shut up nuts kicked, this is between jakesie, rd, trim and I.. Long time coming.. :cracksknuckles:
:dubious:
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread can also be used to talk about people who aren't going to watch season 5 until the DVD release. They will never click on this thread for at least one year, so gossip away!

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
lol @ Ted. Serves him right. Nice halo buddy  :lol:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol @ Ted. Serves him right. Nice halo buddy  :lol:

Yeah, I thought he was dead last season and that was great, but this is even better.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I completely forgot about Ted.  Good first episode.  I had kinda wished it ended after last season.  Thought it would've been a good conclusion.  First episode gives me hope this one will be up to the task though

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
So last episode will Walt die or go to prison?!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So last episode will Walt die or go to prison?!

Sky dies midseason.  His son or baby dies in the finale.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do you guys think Walt ends up killing Hank? I think he's going to have to after Hank looks at the bank account hidden behind that photo.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh Hank is going down for sure. Walt is going Global with his operation.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
the dad from malcolm in the middle dies you guys

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This talk I keep seeing about a possible movie down the line makes me think that it's possible Walt lives. I'm starting to lean towards Hank catching Walt and Jesse in the end. Hank lives, Walt lives, Jesse lives, Skyler commits suicide, Walt Jr does whatever it is that Walt Jr does.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do you guys think Walt ends up killing Hank? I think he's going to have to after Hank looks at the bank account hidden behind that photo.

Do you really think Walt and Jesse and Mike all had direct deposit accounts with LLCs set up for tax purposes?  He paid them in cash holmes.

A more interesting discussion is charting out how much money everyone made:

http://www.tv.com/news/breaking-bad-how-much-money-does-walt-have-left-infographic-29058/

How much do we think Mike makes?  I say not that much, maybe $250K/yr?  But then you have to think that doesn't make much sense as Gus has to be a billionaire.  He just has to be.  And as my good friend Chance stated: "If you are running a $ billion + operation, you don't pay your right hand man $250,000.  But then we know that Mike does not make as much as Walt/Jesse and we also can glean from his general attitude that he is somewhat resentful of them.  I think it is dangerous to pay Mike too much as it might raise the specter of him going independent or retiring.  But maybe I'm off track here.

Thoughts?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Do you really think Walt and Jesse and Mike all had direct deposit accounts with LLCs set up for tax purposes?  He paid them in cash holmes.

http://www.tv.com/news/breaking-bad-how-much-money-does-walt-have-left-infographic-29058/

How much do we think Mike makes?  I say not that much, maybe $250K/yr?  But then you have to think that doesn't make much sense as Gus has to be a billionaire.  He just has to be.  And as my good friend Chance stated: "If you are running a $ billion + operation, you don't pay your right hand man $250,000.  But then we know that Mike does not make as much as Walt/Jesse and we also can glean from his general attitude that he is somewhat resentful of them.  I think it is dangerous to pay Mike too much as it might raise the specter of him going independent or retiring.  But maybe I'm off track here.

Thoughts?

Was Mike really the "right hand man", though? He was the chief enforcer, but I don't think he was really handling the business side of things. He was doing odd jobs for Saul Goodman, and it seems like if Gus were paying him a whole lot of money, he wouldn't be taking extra work. I think the $250k/yr sounds about right.

Also, I agree that the bank account will not point directly to Walt, but I'm sure that it will point to something. They wouldn't have pointed it out if it were meaningless.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Thoughts?

Was Mike really the "right hand man", though? He was the chief enforcer, but I don't think he was really handling the business side of things. He was doing odd jobs for Saul Goodman, and it seems like if Gus were paying him a whole lot of money, he wouldn't be taking extra work. I think the $250k/yr sounds about right.

Also, I agree that the bank account will not point directly to Walt, but I'm sure that it will point to something. They wouldn't have pointed it out if it were meaningless.

Re: the cash   Yeah I agree.  I think it will lead somewhere, but I don't see how it leads to Walt.  I think it will expose the full extent of Gus' business ventures which should be interesting, but as of now I don't see the tie with Walt, that wouldn't be a ridiculous summersault.

Which brings me to this whole Ocean's 11 arc to the episode.  I mean, the cops have the laptop (which by the way how does Gus not have an entire bank of servers someplace, I mean how the hell is an average laptop holding that much video?  and if it doesn't actually hold the video then wtf?) why the hell do we have the need for this episode.  It makes much more sense to either have mike get the laptop or for the police to get it and everyone need to skip town.  The magnet thing was ridiculous.  Awesome, entertaining, but seriously stupid. 

The problem is Walt is all over video at the regular pollos hermanos restaurants.  Assuming the nursing home has surveillance a check-in log, Jesse is on there, Walt is on there.  That whole premise (Gus visiting repeatedly, despite being investigated) is a little hard to square anyway.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just how bad are the police at their jobs in Albuquerque, NM?

The correct answer is pretty damn bad.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Walt and Jesse being on video at the nursing home has to come up this season. Who are they purported to be visiting there anyway? Surely a nurse or receptionist will be asked who had been visiting old man Salamanca recently.

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Walt Jr does whatever it is that Walt Jr does.

Eats breakfast.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Walt Jr does whatever it is that Walt Jr does.

Eats breakfast.

drives with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought the premiere was good. Pretty much have to drive the point home that killing of Gus made Walt as arrogant as possible, so I am interested to see how they move forward with that. Him telling Saul off, the look on Saul's face while he did it, was incredible. Skyler's fear of Walt was the most perfect part of the episode. I hope to see more Jesse in the future.

I assumed they would kill Walt off. They make him so unlikeable that it seemed like that is what they were getting at, but with the intro foreshadowing the future, Walt tipping $100 makes it seem like he changes at some point. I wonder what will make him change...... The German mob that owns Los Pollos Hermanos and the laundary mat? The Chilean connections that Gus had that kept him alive for so long? Both? Can't wait to find out!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought the premiere was good. Pretty much have to drive the point home that killing of Gus made Walt as arrogant as possible, so I am interested to see how they move forward with that. Him telling Saul off, the look on Saul's face while he did it, was incredible. Skyler's fear of Walt was the most perfect part of the episode. I hope to see more Jesse in the future.

I assumed they would kill Walt off. They make him so unlikeable that it seemed like that is what they were getting at, but with the intro foreshadowing the future, Walt tipping $100 makes it seem like he changes at some point. I wonder what will make him change...... The German mob that owns Los Pollos Hermanos and the laundary mat? The Chilean connections that Gus had that kept him alive for so long? Both? Can't wait to find out!

The $100 was a power dick move.  Had nothing to do with that waitress.  I'm curious as to why Walt, Jesse and Mike are dumb enough to stick around ABQ.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The $100 was a power dick move.  Had nothing to do with that waitress.  I'm curious as to why Walt, Jesse and Mike are dumb enough to stick around ABQ.

Sure, it obviously wasn't an altruistic tip, but he was different in that scene than in the rest of the episode.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile