Author Topic: Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion so People like Rusty can Avoid Spoilers  (Read 115350 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I thought the premiere was good. Pretty much have to drive the point home that killing of Gus made Walt as arrogant as possible, so I am interested to see how they move forward with that. Him telling Saul off, the look on Saul's face while he did it, was incredible. Skyler's fear of Walt was the most perfect part of the episode. I hope to see more Jesse in the future.

I assumed they would kill Walt off. They make him so unlikeable that it seemed like that is what they were getting at, but with the intro foreshadowing the future, Walt tipping $100 makes it seem like he changes at some point. I wonder what will make him change...... The German mob that owns Los Pollos Hermanos and the laundary mat? The Chilean connections that Gus had that kept him alive for so long? Both? Can't wait to find out!

The $100 was a power dick move.  Had nothing to do with that waitress.  I'm curious as to why Walt, Jesse and Mike are dumb enough to stick around ABQ.

Sure, it obviously wasn't an altruistic tip, but he was different in that scene than in the rest of the episode.
did the hair give that away?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh man, Jesse after he "finds" the cigarette? Very emotional. Mrs. Jakesie60 laughed at me for getting tears in my eyes during it.

Q: How bad ass is Mike?
A: Very

They did an awesome job of showing why Walt was getting back into it. I was concerned going into the season because I thought that would be a big plot hole the whole time. Same with Mike. Oh man, how about Hank cracking the case? Hank's such a bad ass. And the look when the old head of the DEA was talking about how Gus was hiding right under his nose the whole time!!! Did he figure out!?!!? Get very suspicious of Walt!??! I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW!! But I am very excited for the ride we are all about to go on.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
should change breaking to smelling imo

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
YOU STAY OUT OF THIS, STEVE DAVE!!!  :shakesfist:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Oh man, Jesse after he "finds" the cigarette? Very emotional. Mrs. Jakesie60 laughed at me for getting tears in my eyes during it.

Q: How bad ass is Mike?
A: Very

They did an awesome job of showing why Walt was getting back into it. I was concerned going into the season because I thought that would be a big plot hole the whole time. Same with Mike. Oh man, how about Hank cracking the case? Hank's such a bad ass. And the look when the old head of the DEA was talking about how Gus was hiding right under his nose the whole time!!! Did he figure out!?!!? Get very suspicious of Walt!??! I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW!! But I am very excited for the ride we are all about to go on.
:emawkid:  Hank doesn't seem like a broken middle aged man anymore...
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"I'm really loving Skyler's arc so far. Shutting the f#%$ up and staying in her room."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"I'm really loving Skyler's arc so far. Shutting the f#%$ up and staying in her room."

What's the quote from?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was wishing Mike killed Lydia, she's going to be the new annoying Skylar part.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What's the quote from?

A Breaking Bad forum.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was wishing Mike killed Lydia, she's going to be the new annoying Skylar part.

Yeah, it's too bad Skylar became so annoying.  I didn't mind her much in season 1 and 2.  Now, she just ruins everybody's fun - especially Walt's. 

I'd really like to see Junior get some more action.  it's only a matter of time. 

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
Aaron Paul was on Leno the other night and they pulled up his old Price Is Right footage. Great stuff.

Love this show. (Both TPIR and BB)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No wonder he got the job to play a meth addict. He was amped up on that show

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
that's great stuff

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Also, I know that Walt put the 'flower of the lady' or whatever it is that made that kid sick in the back of his car, BUT it didn't show him actually destroying it, did it?

so Jesse has to discover that at some point, right? finally kills Walt? season over? WHO KNOWS

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And he held onto the ricin, so Jesse has to find that or something. I don't know, I really hope it ends with Jesse killing Walt. And that the intro of season 5 is Walt buying that gun to protect himself from Jesse.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
And that the intro of season 5 is Walt buying that gun to protect himself from Jesse.

ahhhhh yes

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Also, I know that Walt put the 'flower of the lady' or whatever it is that made that kid sick in the back of his car, BUT it didn't show him actually destroying it, did it?

so Jesse has to discover that at some point, right? finally kills Walt? season over? WHO KNOWS

He threw the plant in the trash.

i thought he just put it in the back of his car. maybe i'm remember it wrong.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

He threw the plant in the trash.

i thought he just put it in the back of his car. maybe i'm remember it wrong.

I don't remember the car bit, thought it was just in the trash can outside.  I could easily be wrong.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
will investigate further via DVR and report back with details

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fairly certain it was car, buy he had the bomb making materials in there too. I'm sure he disposed of it and it wasn't worth more screen time to show him going to the dump or whatever

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Fairly certain it was car, buy he had the bomb making materials in there too. I'm sure he disposed of it and it wasn't worth more screen time to show him going to the dump or whatever

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2

that's what they want you to think

(it was a car. he threw it in a trash bag that was in the back of the car but never shows him disposing of it)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
emawblast, the two guys I watched this episode with last week had this same thought. I think it's very plausible.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
it just seems kind of obvious. at the time i was all "destroy that crap!" and in true tv series form he did not.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
It doesn't look like fitz is going to get Bryan Cranston to follow him on twitter anytime soon.
"I like to follow people who tweet something more meaningful than "I just had a great cheese (roast beef) sandwich!" --Cranston in an interview.