Author Topic: More elite accommodations coming to Manhattan soon!  (Read 27929 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: More elite accommodations coming to Manhattan soon!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
If this thing is an Aloft, I am going to have a SPG gold qualifying stay-cation every year.

aloft would be perfect but I bet it will be an independantly owned non chain.

This.  They want it to be like The Oread.  Sounds like it will be called The Bluemont.

:flush:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »
i wonder if it will have astro turf like the Oread?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
i'm glad this is happening.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »
Awesome news.  I just hope they don't eff it up.  Manhattan development is like the Royals.  They give you all the hope in the world and then they build the thing and you're like, what the eff is that thing?  i.e. Manhattan Ave. Condos and downtown redevelopment.

What exactly is the problem with the downtown redevelopment?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »

Original plans called for a moderately dense mixed use development with restuarants, retail, and residential.  There was supposed to be a movie theatre and condos, among other attractions.  In large part, I think they pulled off the South end fairly well with the Museum, hotel and convention center.  Missed out on the movie theatre and condos. 

The North end, on the other hand, is a strip mall with a grocery store as the "anchor tenant."  To my knowledge, there hasn't been any residential developed in the North End yet.  I may be wrong. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »

Original plans called for a moderately dense mixed use development with restuarants, retail, and residential.  There was supposed to be a movie theatre and condos, among other attractions.  In large part, I think they pulled off the South end fairly well with the Museum, hotel and convention center.  Missed out on the movie theatre and condos. 

The North end, on the other hand, is a strip mall with a grocery store as the "anchor tenant."  To my knowledge, there hasn't been any residential developed in the North End yet.  I may be wrong.

Strasser Landing is residential.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 10:32:05 AM »
I don't really care if the redevelopment ended up being a strip mall, it looks a fuckload better than what was there before
emaw

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
I don't really care if the redevelopment ended up being a strip mall, it looks a fuckload better than what was there before

Better than Prince!

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »

So you're upset with the fact that in this economy we built a grocery store instead of a movie theatre? There aren't exactly a whole lot of movie theatres just popping up around the country these days. HyVee was pretty eager to get into the Manhattan market, so they got the spot.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:01:40 AM by BeanTownCat »
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »

Agreed.  And this hotel will be a fuckolad better than what is currently there.  But, I'd prefer an ALoft over a LaQuinta.  You know what I mean? 

It's a high profile parcel.  With proximity to campus and AVille, this thing has the potential to be amazing.  Just afraid townie city planners will deliver something "meh."   

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »

Agreed.  And this hotel will be a fuckolad better than what is currently there.  But, I'd prefer an ALoft over a LaQuinta.  You know what I mean? 

It's a high profile parcel.  With proximity to campus and AVille, this thing has the potential to be amazing.  Just afraid townie city planners will deliver something "meh."   

The majority block of our county commissioners are penny pinching morons that got elected by railing against the redevelopment projects that have already been completed, so your fear is well founded

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »
It better be a W.  We've been needing one for a fucklong time. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »

So you're upset with the fact that in this economy we built a grocery store instead of a movie theatre? There aren't exactly a whole lot of movie theatres just popping up around the country these days. Price Chopper was pretty eager to get into the Manhattan market, so they got the spot.

I'm not upset with anything.  ya know, I don't lose any sleep over it or anything.  Just saying that the downtown redevelopment missed a real opportunity to be something special.  It's certainly nicer than what was there before.  The Gateway to MHK has been drastically improved. 

But let's be real here.  The North End is a strip mall with massive surface lots.  This "downtown revelopment" was in the works back in the early-mid 2000s.  years later, they delivered a strip mall with a Hy-Vee anchor tenant.  Just think it could have been more. 

FWIW, the grocery store and movie theatre weren't competing for the same parcel.  The movie theatre was slated for the south end by the hotel/convention center, not the spot where Hy-Vee ended up.   

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
Whoever is building this, know that I can be convinced to return. I know mhk and now have elite resort experience. I would require a bucketload of money.

Prepare said buckets and pm me

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »
yeah. i love hyvee but the people that lived in manhattan thought they'd get a kohls and an old navy or something and ended up with another grocery store when they already had a superwalmart, dillons and rays all within a half mile of that location. i get people being upset about that.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 12:06:19 PM »
I really hope they manage to fit an Applebees or Cracker Barrel in with the new hotel.  That would be glorious.
@mikec2w

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »
The chances of the new accommodations being elite are very small, please remove that from the thread title.

Sent from my GT-S5830M using Tapatalk 2
:adios:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 01:00:14 PM »
The chances of the new accommodations being elite are very small, please remove that from the thread title.

Not if your threshold for "elite" is a Hilton Garden Inn.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »

Take it easy on the Hilton Garden Inn. I hear their complimentary breakfast is absolutely fantastic. Best breakfast in the downtown area for sure.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

Take it easy on the Hilton Garden Inn. I hear their complimentary breakfast is absolutely fantastic. Best breakfast in the downtown area for sure.

complimentary only for gold/plat HH members broseph

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »

No. Denied.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »
This project will absolutely be Manhattan'd up. If you don't believe that then you should just go take a stroll through PetCo and MacAllister's Deli and HyVee.  :flush:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CanConfirm

• Fan
  • Mercurial MS Paint enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
Hey, guys, CanCo here.

I just got out of a meeting with my buddy BigShotArchitectCat, and he leaked me these rendos that have already been secretly approved by the City Commission. (It looks like The Animal has pull in local politics, too...) Apparently they're going to call it "KatPak'r Towers." People are already considering it the SE gateway to campus, just like the new stadium will be the NW gateway.

Highlights:
-250 elite rooms
-5.2 dedicated premium elite suites
-KatPak laser gargoyles
-Built entirely of native Kansas limestone (of course)
-Rooftop pool (Hard Rock style)
-Manhattan's newest, most elite, and non-racist nightclub: Klub KatPak
-Easy access to local amenities
-No astroturf
-Revolving Olive Garden (already nicknamed "Revolive Garden"), though there are rumblings that this could be replaced by a second Houlihans or the return of Gold Fork

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »
Oh man.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
That waterslide looks fun as crap.

Get these rendos to tmcats immediately.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12