Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 213531 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that letter was a great opportunity to show everyone the new signature he's been working on

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
that letter was a great opportunity to show everyone the new signature he's been working on

I don't see how Matty Mauk becomes THAT

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Have you guys heard how much enrollment is down? 25% for freshman coming in. They're closing 4 dorms and their donations are down 40%. Just heard BITB ranting about it.They're so mumped!

:sdeek:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
S E C !  S E C !  S E C !
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Mizzou guy in my office said it is all true.  They have had to halt apartment complex and dorm projects because they won't get filled.  He thinks the political stuff and the struggles with football and basketball have made enrollment decline. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The protests probably have a lot to do with it. I don't think the athletics struggles have anything at all to do with it, considering that outside of basketball they are as competitive in the SEC as they ever were in the Big 12.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's funny, the school went nuts over the thought of them forfeiting a game and losing a million $ for it. But in the long run, they're close to losing over 30-40 million in the long run.  :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
But in the long run, they're close to losing over 30-40 million in the long run.  :lol:

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let's do some math. Enrollment is about 35,000. 1/4th of that, being Freshman would equal 8750. 25% of that is 2187.50. Let's times that by $10,000 average cost of attendance (tuition, books, dorms, meals, etc.) for just "state" students. That's $21,875,000 just in Freshman students lost and that's just state students. That doesn't count those freshman continuing their education and I haven't even done the math on their donations. These are obviously rough numbers, but you could get there. :dunno: I know you're bad at math mocat, but come on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:49:24 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I totally trust your numbers wacky

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I totally trust your numbers wacky
You should.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i have no idea if your numbers are accurate or not, but when i read that sentence i just laughed when i read that sentence

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh, gotcha. I said long run twice.  :D

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh, gotcha. I said long run twice.  :D

the long run (x2) made your sentence run long!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let's do some math. Enrollment is about 35,000. 1/4th of that, being Freshman would equal 8750. 25% of that is 2187.50. Let's times that by $10,000 average cost of attendance (tuition, books, dorms, meals, etc.) for just "state" students. That's $21,875,000 just in Freshman students lost and that's just state students. That doesn't count those freshman continuing their education and I haven't even done the math on their donations. These are obviously rough numbers, but you could get there. :dunno: I know you're bad at math mocat, but come on.
^^^This is great math btw. This is what earned me a $100 "scholarship" for books at K-state.  :gocho:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
are these students not enrolling because they have fears of being discriminated against on campus or is it that they are afraid of black people protesting?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
are these students not enrolling because they have fears of being discriminated against on campus or is it that they are afraid of black people protesting?

probably would just rather go to a place with less tension and more harmony all around, regardless of what race you are. its not "FEAR OF BLACK PEOPLE PROTESTING"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

probably would just rather go to a place with less tension and more harmony all around, regardless of what race you are. its not "FEAR OF BLACK PEOPLE PROTESTING"

Yeah. The protests were a pretty bad look for MU.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

I guarantee you a portion is that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Depending on their student retention rate, it's quite likely that freshmen classes are typically the largest of any class on campus. Meaning, there are usually more frosh than sophs, etc. The total dollars lost could be even greater than what you calculate.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I guarantee you a portion is that

Yeah, the university took a lot of heat for placating to the protesters and the football players.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Depending on their student retention rate, it's quite likely that freshmen classes are typically the largest of any class on campus. Meaning, there are usually more frosh than sophs, etc. The total dollars lost could be even greater than what you calculate.
Yikes!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Umm, isn't there a cost to the university associated with having a student on campus?

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Get out of here with your debits and credits
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best