Author Topic: EUROS 2012  (Read 44115 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: EUROS 2012
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
I don't know who to cheer for

does either team have a player that is less racist than maximum racist?  if so, I guess I'm going for that one.

yes balotelli.  you are cheering for italy.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
ITALY IT IS!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »
I work w/ a lady who claims to be Italian and talk about Italy all the time even though she looks and talks like an american. Except for every now and then she likes to say italian-sounding words with excessive italian enunciation, and one time she went on vacation and told everyone to call her on her mo-bile (long 'i') over and over again. So I'm cheering for Spain.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
I work w/ a lady who claims to be Italian and talk about Italy all the time even though she looks and talks like an american. Except for every now and then she likes to say italian-sounding words with excessive italian enunciation, and one time she went on vacation and told everyone to call her on her mo-bile (long 'i') over and over again. So I'm cheering for Spain.
This is far and away the best reason given that all of us should be cheering for Spain. (Note, that prior to reading this, I was going to cheer for Italy.)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
hey germany:

It's just as wonderful as I remember!

PS: Go Italy and beautiful human being Balotelli.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »

damn, I may work with this exact lady.  went to Italy awhile back and still says gratzi around the office instead of thank you.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2012, 02:31:48 PM »

damn, I may work with this exact lady.  went to Italy awhile back and still says gratzi around the office instead of thank you.

oh man, that's the best. She claims her parents live in Italy but like I said, she looks and talks american so who knows.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

oh man, that's the best. She claims her parents live in Italy but like I said, she looks and talks american so who knows.

Does she have lots of arm hair and a thin mustache*? If so, she's Italian. Otherwise, she's full of crap.

*She likely has the mustache waxed, but the arm hair would still be noticeable, and most Italian women don't bother with the arm hair.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »

every host on the food channel does this as well.  it even makes giada a little less hot.

with that said i'll be rooting for italy.  i never thought i'd be going for them but after watching their last 2 games, the way they've played has won me over.  spain has been putting me to sleep.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »

every host on the food channel does this as well.  it even makes giada a little less hot.

My favorite is when they say "mozzarella" with a long "o". WTH is that? Also, Guy Fieri's real name is Guy Ferry. He's straight up American but changed it to sound Italian.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »
the haters and i are just over here rolling in the office

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »

My favorite is when they say "mozzarella" with a long "o". WTH is that? Also, Guy Fieri's real name is Guy Ferry. He's straight up American but changed it to sound Italian.

strong rumblings "guy ferry" is also not his real name

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
Hey, newsflash: Balotelli isn't that good. He'll get all grumpy during the final and be non-exsistent.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2012, 12:15:06 AM »
No horses in this race.  Love me some Cesc. Same for SUPER Mario.  Better not be a snoozefest, that's all.  I will be pretty pak'd and impatient. Granted there's nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon, I still better see some fuckin goals kicked.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2012, 12:48:20 AM »
Hey, newsflash: Balotelli isn't that good. He'll get all grumpy during the final and be non-exsistent.

ya, but what if he's not  :excited:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2012, 01:25:44 AM »

That is just a ridiculous statement. He may very well blow a gasket and blow it for his country though

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

That is just a ridiculous statement. He may very well blow a gasket and blow it for his country though
As over the top as my first sentence was, my second one couldn't be more right.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
Definitely can't argue with it. But that coupled with the fact that he is an insane talent make him one of the most exciting players in the world to watch. If he isn't scoring incredible goals he's doing something completely asinine. I want a Mario Balotelli reality show called "Mario of Love."

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »
so, it turns out spain is pretty good and can shut down whoever they need to  :blank:

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »
so, it turns out spain is pretty good and can shut down whoever they need to  :blank:

They may just be the best national side to ever play the game. That being said, as soon as Thiago Motta went down, it was hopeless. Just no way a team can press forward with 10 men and not expose themselves with a team as talented as Spain.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2012, 07:23:25 PM »
2002 brazil is still probably better, but yeah

2002 brazil
2008, 2010, 2012 spain
1998 france

all in the discussion

also, :(

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »

Does she have lots of arm hair and a thin mustache*? If so, she's Italian. Otherwise, she's full of crap.

*She likely has the mustache waxed, but the arm hair would still be noticeable, and most Italian women don't bother with the arm hair.

Italian women shave just like the rest of the world.  Save some money so you can go there and experience things before you comment on things you don't know about.   

Another fact:  Barcelona may be the greatest city on earth.  Go Spain.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »

2002 brazil
2008, 2010, 2012 spain
1998 france

all in the discussion

It's hard to argue with back to back euros and a world cup. Just ridiculous.

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2012, 12:41:31 AM »
More like Super Non-Exsistent Mario!  :lol:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »

2002 brazil
2008, 2010, 2012 spain
1998 france

all in the discussion

apparently 1970s Brazil was really good too.