Author Topic: Self Report  (Read 8320 times)

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Re: Self Report
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #13053
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore

More on Smitty 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The orgins of this probe centered on the recruitment of a certain K-State player. Coach Smith and Coach Snyder have been interviewed many times concerning Smitty's numerous phone calls to this young man prior to him being the age to do so. There is a long history of Smitty contacting this recruit and his father.

Well, there was an easy explanation for this contact. Michael Smith is Tyler Lockett's Godfather and is close friends with his father, Kevin.

This seems to be the very definition of a pre-existing relationship but that has not stopped the interviews and probing from K-State's compliance office.

Now, I am uncertain if this intense examination of Smith's phone history unveiled something more, but it started with this Smith-Lockett relationship. It also remains unclear what, if any, penalties Tyler Lockett will face from K-State for this contact.

stormnut

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #14693
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re:

More on Smitty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What part is wrong here. Our AD reporting or having a system and rules set in place were we feel the need to report this crap. Should Mike even have to second guess being able to call his Godson, hell no, but with a bloated rule book and system that says report anything and everything but if you don't we will throw the book at you (unless you make us big money or have "tradition"). Most of the time schools don't get in troble for the actual rules violation, but get in troble because they did not report it and the NCAA had to do work and find it.

stormnut, go hang yourself

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
wow.

wow.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »
Im big time now. I have my own hate thread.   :emawkid:

Validation achieved. Thank You
RIP Fatty

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »
Fantastic, now we've got No Country For Old Men leading the charge on the recruiting trail.

i wish i knew what this meant...because it sounds outstanding.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
Fitz is way off on this report, has zero to do with lockett. have no idea where that came from. self report has to do with another player.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
oh man.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »
Fitz is way off on this report, has zero to do with lockett. have no idea where that came from. self report has to do with another player.

fitz futher clarified that it was during Jamie Vaughn's Inquisition of Mike's calls to Lockett that they found some secondary violations for another player. 

i don't remember any coaching punishment ever given down for secondary violations like these, especially one that, as far as I know, would be the first time it's happened to that specific coach.  when has that happened? 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 06:48:22 PM »

fitz futher clarified that it was during Jamie Vaughn's Inquisition of Mike's calls to Lockett that they found some secondary violations for another player. 

i don't remember any coaching punishment ever given down for secondary violations like these, especially one that, as far as I know, would be the first time it's happened to that specific coach.  when has that happened?

my god our athletic dept will stop at nothing in their attempt to kill our athletic programs.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »

Fitz is wrong on that too, unsurprisingly.

This particular violation and punishment is very common everywhere. Probably happens a dozen times a year on average. Secondary violations are hardly ever made public though. This one became public because of ned seaton.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »

Fitz is wrong on that too, unsurprisingly.

This particular violation and punishment is very common everywhere. Probably happens a dozen times a year on average. Secondary violations are hardly ever made public though. This one became public because of ned seaton.

a dozen times a year in what? kstate football? kstate athletics as a whole. major college football?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
You have got to be mother effing kidding me.get john currie the eff away

catzacker

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
couple of weird stories where self reported violations didn't mean the coach was punished in any way.  really weird.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-05-18/sports/bs-sp-terps-violations-0518-20110518_1_secondary-violations-floor-coaching-head-coach

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2011/12/20/uga-self-reports-numerous-ncaa-violations-including-monetary-gifts-from-richt/

this one's weird because it's northwestern.  I mean, NORTHWESTERN.  And, like, they are all like "hey, don't do that".  it's so weird.
http://www.dailynorthwestern.com/sports/it-s-chaos-disorder-dominates-the-ncaa-1.2691630

"Some of them are as simple as they called a high school prospect twice in a week when they were only allowed to call once," Harty said. "In that case we would say, ‘Okay, don't make any phone calls to that prospect for a week' as a little moratorium."

catzacker

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »
to be fair, I realize these secondary violations happen and they do, in some cases, mean the coach doesn't have contact with that specific prospect is or limited for a period of time (usually 2 weeks).  Mike got a month where he couldn't recruit off campus, so I assume he was sexting a recruit.

i'm also going to laugh my ass off when Jamie Vaughn stands out on the practice field with a stop watch to try to catch bill practicin' his boys  longer than he's supposed to. 

run off the cuban?  fine.  try to f*ck with bill?  the tucks will not have it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:15:50 PM by catzacker »

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
The infraction was detected after K-State installed Stronger internal controls for monitoring phone calls

hmm interesting...
rumblings michael smiths phone records were found in the westloop Dillons trashcan

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »
The infraction was detected after K-State installed Stronger internal controls for monitoring phone calls

hmm interesting...
rumblings michael smiths phone records were found in the westloop Dillons trashcan
:ohno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:58 PM »
run off the cuban?  fine.  try to f*ck with bill?  the tucks will not have it.

Nope. They're fine with it.

HELLO this is what we are suppose to do.

This is the opposite of "Lack of Institutional Control".

you know HOFLHCBS has lit into the offending coach.

No they are not nit picking they are doing what they were hired to do. keep us out of trouble with the NCAA. banghead

Meh, self report here was the right thing to do. He'll be banned from recruiting off campus for a little while but that is it most likely.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »
Jesus

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »
The tucks like mediocrity.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 08:58:24 AM »

If you see it for what it is, a bone, it is damn lucky we have Currie. He even said that is what this wasin the Topeka. Capital journal yesterday.

RIP Fatty

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »

If you see it for what it is, a bone, it is damn lucky we have Currie. He even said that is what this wasin the Topeka. Capital journal yesterday.

you are the worst

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »

you are the worst

Cool, a stalker
RIP Fatty

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »

you are the worst

Cool, a stalker

:facepalm:

catzacker

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »

so currie's master plan is to throw as many secondary violations at the ncaa as possible so they won't snoop around?  do you rough ridin' seriously believe this?  do you rough ridin' seriously believe that we're doing over compliance in some sort of athletic department wide effort to let the real, serious cheating that we're doing go unnoticed?  please tell me you don't think this.  jfc.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »

so currie's master plan is to throw as many secondary violations at the ncaa as possible so they won't snoop around?  do you rough ridin' seriously believe this?  do you rough ridin' seriously believe that we're doing over compliance in some sort of athletic department wide effort to let the real, serious cheating that we're doing go unnoticed?  please tell me you don't think this.  jfc.

Sorry it is too complex for you mind to wrap around it. Currie is an innovator.
RIP Fatty

catzacker

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »

Sorry it is too complex for you mind to wrap around it. Currie is an innovator.

partly stupid, with a 70% chance of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)