Author Topic: Boomer  (Read 38495 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Boomer
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2014, 10:17:01 AM »
didn't know Mayfield transferred to OU.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline hippocraticoaf

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
I'm assuming that in order to get suspended for seven games at OU you have to run your car over people on the sidewalk like GTA V.

So that's what I'm gonna guess they did :driving:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2014, 03:30:59 PM »
i thought this thread was about submarines

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »
your normal person wouldn't understand this

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »
Look at you and your navy talk. Nice job shipmate. BZ. <=== (that's a lookup for you)

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2014, 07:41:40 AM »
Look at you and your navy talk. Nice job shipmate. BZ. <=== (that's a lookup for you)
look up for the non equal lol

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »
look up for the non equal lol

Fyp

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
Shut up nerds
:dance:

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
didn't know Mayfield transferred to OU.
I understood that he enrolled this semester.  He appealed having to sit out a year since he was not on scholarship, but TTU denied the appeal. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »

That's Eric Striker's excellent response. He also gave a great interview on CNN. Smart kid.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2015, 01:17:05 PM »
Regardless of how I feel about OU in general, Bob Stoops seems to be the kind of person that would probably have given a serious thought to allowing his team to boycott a game, had this occurred during the football season.  I don't know that I could name very many coaches that would have done that, but I hope HCBS would be in the group.

Black athletes should know the power they have on a campus and can easily remind fans that if they choose to sit out, the team will struggle to compete. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »
Regardless of how I feel about OU in general, Bob Stoops seems to be the kind of person that would probably have given a serious thought to allowing his team to boycott a game, had this occurred during the football season.  I don't know that I could name very many coaches that would have done that, but I hope HCBS would be in the group.

Black athletes should know the power they have on a campus and can easily remind fans that if they choose to sit out, the team will struggle to compete.

The university closed down the house and expelled the 2 racists they could identify in less than a week's time. I'm not sure what else anyone thinking about boycotting a game would want from them.

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2015, 02:20:40 PM »

The university closed down the house and expelled the 2 racists they could identify in less than a week's time. I'm not sure what else anyone thinking about boycotting a game would want from them.
If you think this is merely about what happened at OU for black males, then I can't explain starting with Trayvon Martin, the Ferguson incident and what occurred in Madison Wisconsin. 

There has been a rash of issues in the past couple of years that can only be stopped as it was in the 50-60's boycotts.  Nothing has changed in America for people of color.  It is time again for blacks to show solidarity.  In fact I have thought for several years that top 300 black athletes should show just how much power black males wield by focusing on a university that has been historically open to blacks, by attending that university and turning their sports programs around.  To assure that it was not a fluke, they should pick a school that has been historically a bottom feeder in a sport such as ISU football.  That would get the attention of America. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »

If you think this is merely about what happened at OU for black males, then I can't explain starting with Trayvon Martin, the Ferguson incident and what occurred in Madison Wisconsin. 

There has been a rash of issues in the past couple of years that can only be stopped as it was in the 50-60's boycotts.  Nothing has changed in America for people of color.  It is time again for blacks to show solidarity.  In fact I have thought for several years that top 300 black athletes should show just how much power black males wield by focusing on a university that has been historically open to blacks, by attending that university and turning their sports programs around.  To assure that it was not a fluke, they should pick a school that has been historically a bottom feeder in a sport such as ISU football.  That would get the attention of America.

I guess I just don't equate a situation like this where justice was swift and effective to other situations where people actually died and there never was any justice whatsoever.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »

Wait, serious or?  Can't be serious right?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »
Look to the vine of the house mom acting like a fool.  This isn't a minor one off instance, this is an example of a culture which condones racism on a generational level.  Look to the lyrics of the song, it isn't about now but obviously something which has been passed down the legacy lines of SAE @ OU.  More should be done, more should have been done.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »
Look to the vine of the house mom acting like a fool.  This isn't a minor one off instance, this is an example of a culture which condones racism on a generational level.  Look to the lyrics of the song, it isn't about now but obviously something which has been passed down the legacy lines of SAE @ OU.  More should be done, more should have been done.

What more do you want the university to do?

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2015, 03:46:52 PM »

I guess I just don't equate a situation like this where justice was swift and effective to other situations where people actually died and there never was any justice whatsoever.
I understand your point Rage, but from my perspective as a middle aged Black male, It's a culmination of too many issues recently.  I agree wholeheartedly that OU handled the matter swiftly.  Yet as someone who was born and raised in Oklahoma, I saw this as another quick solving of a problem, with no intent to resolve a conflict that has been around as you know for centuries. 

The response from OU although admirable was another proverbial band-aide being put on a wound that requires amputation.  This is bigger than what happened at OU and albeit I am opportunistic in what I am suggesting may be a good time to assess once and for all, the collective unconscious of America.         

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »
Yeah these posts are more for the combo board thread.
:dance:

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2015, 04:09:01 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:55 PM »

Why not?  The black community has always been more successful in getting things done when they take issues into their own hand.  Blacks currently have a voice in the entertainment industry, namely sports.  You really don't think the NBA had Donald Sterling removed as an owner because the other owners thought it was the right thing to do?

With very little effort black athletes and their parents can for the next 10 years, our best black athletes are not going to be recruited.  Instead they are going to honor those schools that historically allowed blacks to attend by recruiting the school(s).  I don't think it would take long for those schools who historically did not allow black athletes like the Bamas and pretty much everyone in the SEC and former SWC to realize that if you want our kids to attend your schools, you may want to do something more than give lip service to the community and become more proactive in changing the culture of the US.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »

Why not?  The black community has always been more successful in getting things done when they take issues into their own hand.  Blacks currently have a voice in the entertainment industry, namely sports.  You really don't think the NBA had Donald Sterling removed as an owner because the other owners thought it was the right thing to do?

With very little effort black athletes and their parents can for the next 10 years, our best black athletes are not going to be recruited.  Instead they are going to honor those schools that historically allowed blacks to attend by recruiting the school(s).  I don't think it would take long for those schools who historically did not allow black athletes like the Bamas and pretty much everyone in the SEC and former SWC to realize that if you want our kids to attend your schools, you may want to do something more than give lip service to the community and become more proactive in changing the culture of the US.
Jason Whitlock a had running theme in his old KC star column similar to this but his twist was that 5 star black athletes should go to a historically black college (Howard, Florida A&M, etc).  I could see this happening with elite basketball players but not football as the infrastructure is just not there.