Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Welcome Michael Orris to K-State thread!  (Read 45474 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: OFFICIAL: Welcome Michael Orris to K-State thread!
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2012, 07:43:30 AM »
FSD must be the guy who got pissed at me on gopo when I said the Kentucky offer listed for JO isn't valid because even if Billy G did offer JO there is no way Cal would have.  The dude was so pissed and accused me of calling players liars.

Also remember when that one football player from Nevada tricked Rivals into thinking that he not only had a bunch of Pac 10 offers but he actually signed with Cal?  I remember!

No, and not the same situation.

I had a feeling the #butthurt would be strong with the Pitt offer.   Per usual, SD hits the nail on the head.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:11 AM »
FSD, if you think kids making up offers isn't part of the game, you're pretty naive.  That said, I have no idea if Dixon offered but it seems doubtful

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »
People seem to like ESPN recruit grades.

Orris - 89
Angel - 90
Will - 88
Tay - 86
Rod - 89
Jake - 93

Josh Gray - 91

:ck:

I don't know if Pitt offered, but they were recruiting him. I don't doubt the claim of a visit. Pitt is still active in recruiting a '12 guard. FWIW.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »

Orris - 89
Angel - 90
Will - 88
Tay - 86
Rod - 89
Jake - 93

Josh Gray - 91

I don't know if Pitt offered, but they were recruiting him. I don't doubt the claim of a visit. Pitt is still active in recruiting a '12 guard. FWIW.

This gives me more optimism, thanks _FAN.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

Orris - 89
Angel - 90
Will - 88
Tay - 86
Rod - 89
Jake - 93

Josh Gray - 91

95 :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »

I don't know how good he is, but I don't think he's a completely terrible signing. He's much better than the defensive minded PF (rated 85).

Based on his various recruiting ratings its not out of the question that Orris won't develop into a pretty decent Big 12 caliber guard.

And the comparison with Will is too easy and simplistic. Not fair to either player.

JMHO.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »

Orris - 89
Angel - 90
Will - 88
Tay - 86
Rod - 89
Jake - 93

Josh Gray - 91

if an espn recruiting ranking gives you optimism, what was the source of your previous concern?  fwiw, freely admitting to being caught by, and within, the wave of butthurt is a big first step.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
Nothing I'd seen on Orris impressed me.  ESPN recruiting ranking still isn't impressive per say, but just shows that there are knowledgeable people that think he could be worthwhile.

If you want to try to say butthurt as many times as possible, be my guest.  But I went to a bunch of K-State games and defended their shitty basketball program when it was terrible. I don't think its ridiculous to be upset when the AD chases off the only coach who has known any success in my lifetime.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
I was kinda worried when I heard he was white, then I heard he looked intelligent so I felt alot better.

Offline theRealWallyJudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
I was kinda worried when I heard he was white, then I heard he looked intelligent so I felt alot better.

:opcat:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »
Nothing I'd seen on Orris impressed me.  ESPN recruiting ranking still isn't impressive per say, but just shows that there are knowledgeable people that think he could be worthwhile.

If you want to try to say butthurt as many times as possible, be my guest.  But I went to a bunch of K-State games and defended their shitty basketball program when it was terrible. I don't think its ridiculous to be upset when the AD chases off the only coach who has known any success in my lifetime.

so are you admitting to the butthurt, or simply bitching because everyone else here is?

and thank you for permission to say butthurt a lot.  in a perfect world (the one i live in), every butthurt post should be matched with a butthurt response.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:42 PM »

so are you admitting to the butthurt, or simply bitching because everyone else here is?

and thank you for permission to say butthurt a lot.  in a perfect world (the one i live in), every butthurt post should be matched with a butthurt response.

I'm more less sick of hearing butthurt as a response to every other post

I'm still pissed at what happened, so if that makes me butthurt in your eyes, than butthurt I am

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
And the comparison with Will is too easy and simplistic. Not fair to either player.

JMHO.

Unfair comparisons are the best. You learn a lot about the person making the comparo and about the people who call it unfair. Win-win.  :)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2012, 02:02:24 PM »

I'm more less sick of hearing butthurt as a response to every other post

I'm still pissed at what happened, so if that makes me butthurt in your eyes, than butthurt I am

damn near every post here since that dreadful day that we lost frank has been bitching and crying about every aspect of our basketball dept.

no one outside of currie's office is happy with what went down and that includes me, someone who regularly criticized frank throughout his time in mhk.

some have chosen to accept our reality and move on, while others simply choose to continually take a negative viewpoint (and make a subsequent negative post) in response to every single thing that happens in the vicinity our basketball offices in the post frank era.

its like a bunch of 2 year olds who just had a lollypop ripped from their hands.  standing there with their faces beet red and crying to no end.  the continual negativity.  negativity which i've chosen to attribute to being butthurt.  sore.  mad.  call it whatever you want to. 

it's pointless.  currie has chosen the direction he's taking this program.  you don't have to like it, you don't have to support it, but do we really need to criticize everything, in its entirety before you've given it a chance to play out?  i'm as sick of typing butthurt as i am reading the butthurt posts.

this thread is about the fact that we just signed a top 100 kid.  a measure under frank which would have been considered a success. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »
Quote from: Limestone
this thread is about the fact that we just signed a top 100 kid.

wut

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
Quote from: Limestone
this thread is about the fact that we just signed a top 100 kid.

wut

LOL ya i meant his espn ranking. 

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 02:21:50 PM »
I don't know how the eff Limestone's name got in there, quoting function still gives me trouble  :angry:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »

Orris - 89
Angel - 90
Will - 88
Tay - 86
Rod - 89
Jake - 93

Josh Gray - 91

89 means ESPN thinks he's a good mid-major prospect, fwiw.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=2639514

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »
I'm not going to just sunshine pump if I'm not happy about the basketball program. I've posted some negative things but nothing that I think is unfair. I wouldn't consider orris a great get if Frank got him. I would've considered Gray a success if Weber got him. I don't think Orris is terrible, just tough to get excited about

Basketball needs to give me a reason to get hopeful because I cant find one. Gray would have worked. Spending over a month to put together a coaching staff is dogshit by any standards. I want to be hopeful, but there just isnt enough for me to work with right now. If you just want us to talk completely positive about our programs and try to PI anyone who disagrees, then just sell this thing to Fitz already and get it over with.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
If you just want us to talk completely positive about our programs and try to PI anyone who disagrees, then just sell this thing to Fitz already and get it over with.

Ironic.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »

some have chosen to accept our reality and move on, while others simply choose to continually take a negative viewpoint (and make a subsequent negative post) in response to every single thing that happens in the vicinity our basketball offices in the post frank era.

it's pointless.  currie has chosen the direction he's taking this program.  you don't have to like it, you don't have to support it, but do we really need to criticize everything, in its entirety before you've given it a chance to play out?  i'm as sick of typing butthurt as i am reading the butthurt posts.

if it's pointless or whatever, then what is the point of anything here? you typing butthurt after every post certainly wouldn't have a point, so why do you do it?

also, i personally won't accept anything that i don't think is worth accepting. that's pretty pathetic/laz. oh thanks cafeteria where i work at. the only food that you're serving from here on out is poop sandwiches with mustard? ok, guess i'll accept it. hey complaining co-worker, stop complaining. you're butthurt.

bottom line is, if you disagree with some of the negative stuff, then at least have a reason why. simply calling the negative person "butthurt" doesn't really do anything to disprove their argument.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
I was just telling Sabination last night how rick daris is always right. I'm glad to check in today to find out that is still accurate.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

I don't know how good he is, but I don't think he's a completely terrible signing. He's much better than the defensive minded PF (rated 85).

Based on his various recruiting ratings its not out of the question that Orris won't develop into a pretty decent Big 12 caliber guard.

JMHO.

It's also possible to go the complete opposite way and completely ignore any similarities as to not look like a bigot.  If its butthurt or unfair for me to point out that IMO they both appear to be pass first, limited guards with below average to average athleticism, then so be it.  The challenge isn't in the fact that they're both white per se, it doesn't help distinguish them, the challenge is to not project the disappointment Will has been onto Orris.  I can't get past the fact that I was more impressed with Will as a signee than Orris.  Not sure if it was because I saw Will in person, or that Orris is a Weber signee, or because as mentioned I may be holding Will against Orris, or all of this.

Bottom line is that I see enough to compare the two and I'm not impressed either way.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
I just don't like that he calls himself a "pass first" guard because I consider "pass first" to be code for "sucky". I mean, everyone I know that is a pass first guard at the Y is usually pure garbage offensively.