Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Welcome Michael Orris to K-State thread!  (Read 46191 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL: Welcome Michael Orris to K-State thread!
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
they aren't so much so that I won't give him any chance before he coaches a game.

he's been a head coach for more than a decade.  if you can't judge him now, how are five years a kstate going to tilt the scales?  stop saying you're giving him a chance.  you aren't giving him a chance, you're supporting him.

Angry Sys is the worst by product of the Weber hire.  Makes me sad. :frown: 

his "you aren't giving him a chance, you're supporting him" line is very well said.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »
oscar weber is the only coach in illinois basketball history to be fired for performance related issues and k-state is the only high major school to ever immediately hire a coach that was just fired from another high major school for performance related issues. let's give him a chance though. we can't technically be 100% sure that he's going to be pretty bad.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »
next season should be fun  :emawkid:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »
oscar weber is the only coach in illinois basketball history to be fired for performance related issues and k-state is the only high major school to ever immediately hire a coach that was just fired from another high major school for performance related issues. let's give him a chance though. we can't technically be 100% sure that he's going to be pretty bad.

WELCOME MICHAEL ORRIS!  stay on topic, butthurt.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2012, 08:02:44 AM »
I guess I never saw a big difference between 'giving a chance" and "supporting" and I don't believe I ever denied supporting. I view it as supporting K-State basketball, but whatever.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »

Tech just hired Gillespie after he was fired at Kentucky for his crap performance (wasn't immediate but that doesn't matter).  University of Arizona just hired Rich Rodriguez immediately after he was fired at Michigan for 3 crap seasons.  These are the two most obvious that come to mind. 

Houston Nutt hasn't been hired yet, but I wouldn't mind him as a coach either, despite his 2 final crap seasons at Ole Miss.  From 98-09 he went to 9 bowl games.  His final 2 seasons at Ole Miss he was 6-18 and during the 04-05 seasons at Arkansas he was 5-6, 4-7.  But, I wouldn't consider him a garbage coach by any stretch.  He had a few bad seasons sprinkled amidst a lot of really good seasons. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
I guess I never saw a big difference between 'giving a chance" and "supporting" and I don't believe I ever denied supporting. I view it as supporting K-State basketball, but whatever.

that's like saying you support hitler because you support germany.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »

that's like saying you support hitler because you support germany.

I suppose.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »
guys, there's hundreds of threads on the board you can bitch about oscar weber in.

this thread is about michael orris.  welcome him to ksu in this thread.  thx.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »
guys, there's hundreds of threads on the board you can bitch about oscar weber in.

this thread is about michael orris.  welcome him to ksu in this thread.  thx.

Good point. Back on track...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL: Welcome Michael Orris to K-State thread!
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2012, 09:34:21 AM »
I bet he loves MHK, who doesn't?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:04 PM »
I'm still waiting for Keady to endorse Orris

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

eff Keady, if you know anything about Keady at all, you know he's a giant horses ass

Better than a giant Nazi horse's ass.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »

to me, saying you are giving him a chance makes it sound like it is just the reasonable, pragmatic, fair-minded midwestern thing to do.  while supporting him makes it sounds like, "my school, right or wrong".  i don't insist on any moral superiority for either of the two, but i do think they are different in tone.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »

to me, saying you are giving him a chance makes it sound like it is just the reasonable, pragmatic, fair-minded midwestern thing to do.  while supporting him makes it sounds like, "my school, right or wrong".  i don't insist on any moral superiority for either of the two, but i do think they are different in tone.

That's reasonable.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2012, 08:18:33 AM »

sys, what approach are you taking in welcoming Orris to K-State? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »

Tech just hired Gillespie after he was fired at Kentucky for his crap performance (wasn't immediate but that doesn't matter).  University of Arizona just hired Rich Rodriguez immediately after he was fired at Michigan for 3 crap seasons.  These are the two most obvious that come to mind. 

Houston Nutt hasn't been hired yet, but I wouldn't mind him as a coach either, despite his 2 final crap seasons at Ole Miss.  From 98-09 he went to 9 bowl games.  His final 2 seasons at Ole Miss he was 6-18 and during the 04-05 seasons at Arkansas he was 5-6, 4-7.  But, I wouldn't consider him a garbage coach by any stretch.  He had a few bad seasons sprinkled amidst a lot of really good seasons.

Football is a different sport, but Rich Rod will be an interesting case. I think he will succeed. Good God, I wouldn't want Houston Nutt, though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:40 AM »

Football is a different sport, but Rich Rod will be an interesting case. I think he will succeed. Good God, I wouldn't want Houston Nutt, though.

translation:  welcome michael!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »

translation:  welcome michael!

Yes, I appreciate any player who wants to come to K-State, regardless of how good they are.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »
Has anyone given Orris a tour of beautiful manhattan yet?

No?

I'll go!

Look a zoo!

Who says you cant surf in Kansas? Check out the WATERPARK!!!

Ohh, Your Hungry? Lets grab a burger!

You like to fish? Check out Rocky Ford!!!

Need some new threads? Dont worry, we have a mall!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
threads! :lol:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »

No?

I'll go!

Look a zoo!

This looks like a great place to raise a family.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »

No?

I'll go!

Look a zoo!

You better whoa! back on it boys

The excitement of Manhattan in those pictures, coupled with the exciting personality of oscar Weber, could bring about a huge influx of 5*
recruits to little 'Ol KSU.

Warm up the AA flights friends

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2012, 12:34:50 PM »

polish, circa 1939.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

polish, circa 1939.

You're gonna let him move you into a ghetto?  I guess you could also get a train ride out of it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.