Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 472533 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #675 on: July 08, 2013, 10:08:18 PM »
Both BRGRs are now about the same driving time from my house with parking included. What should I do when I want a delicious burger and tots now?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:42 PM »
Both BRGRs are now about the same driving time from my house with parking included. What should I do when I want a delicious burger and tots now?
Meet your bud Wacks downtown for the company too.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
tough competition down there- pizza bella, art of pizza, grinders, caddyshack...p51 won't survive.

and deli?  well, lasala's.

Yup!!!  We can even have more than one of things down here....delis and all.
I'm saying your area can't support it and I'll be right.

I did all kinds of post editing.....but yeah, not every place makes it anywhere....fight for my pizza and deli dollar!!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 08, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »

Menus are a bit different...P&L didn't have sweet potato tots for example but had some interesting things didn't see on the original's menu.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:10 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 08, 2013, 10:16:59 PM »
Personally, McCoy's is my fav kcurger.  Have not been to BRGR tho, but my squawk friend was raving about it on wends.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 08, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »
burger restaurants are soooooo played out

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 09, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
burger places are played out, but brgr has some other stuff on their menu. 

not sure i ever told you guys about the time i went to brgr and got the fish and chips but here goes.  well, i went there in mid-Feb and ordered the fish and chips.  well, the order comes out and i'm looking at what should be fries/chips.  guess what?  the truth is, they were actual chips, like potato chips.  not fries called chips. the waiter offered to get me fries but i rebuked his offer b/c i didn't want to sit there and eat my fish and then later eat my chips fries, who does that?  i was pissed, haven't been back since.

funny sidenote- as i was walking to the car to leave, it was prob about 60 degrees out and i said to the lady i was there with that oh boy, only 2 more weeks of february so that basically means only 2 more weeks of winter.  then this march came and boy was i wrong about that one, snow and cold city.  oh well, c'est la vie i guess.  american troops in afghanistan fighting for america and i'm worried about snowmegeddon and windchill factors.  doesn't make sense sometimes.  go america, patriot fighters!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:48 AM »
burger places are played out, but brgr has some other stuff on their menu. 

not sure i ever told you guys about the time i went to brgr and got the fish and chips but here goes.  well, i went there in mid-Feb and ordered the fish and chips.  well, the order comes out and i'm looking at what should be fries/chips.  guess what?  the truth is, they were actual chips, like potato chips.  not fries called chips. the waiter offered to get me fries but i rebuked his offer b/c i didn't want to sit there and eat my fish and then later eat my chips fries, who does that?  i was pissed, haven't been back since.

that is really interesting because it can only mean that that restaurant had heard of fish and chips and wanted to serve them but had never actually seen or had fish and chips and just went off what it sounded like to their red white and blue ears. chips lol. fascinating

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 09, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »
good theory but mine is different and i think it might be just a little more accurate in portraying the actual event that led to them serving me brgr chips and not real chips that you would find on a something like a chip buddy.  which are fantastic, by the way.

i think they were trying to be cute. 

Quote from: brgr chef
fish and chips?  guess what?  i think we're going to give them chips.  and not those english chips either.  i'm talking about good old american potato chips, because what goes better with a huge hunk of cod fish than a potato chip.  oh boy we're gonna set the world on fire with this one folks. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 09, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
good theory but mine is different and i think it might be just a little more accurate in portraying the actual event that led to them serving me brgr chips and not real chips that you would find on a something like a chip buddy.  which are fantastic, by the way.

i think they were trying to be cute. 

Quote from: brgr chef
fish and chips?  guess what?  i think we're going to give them chips.  and not those english chips either.  i'm talking about good old american potato chips, because what goes better with a huge hunk of cod fish than a potato chip.  oh boy we're gonna set the world on fire with this one folks. 

did they go all-out and bake the fish too?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 09, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
What kind of fish was it? If they used talapia instead of cod or haddock I'd be all  :facepalm: :curse:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 09, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
clams, next time you're in LA you should get the surf perch and nacho cheese doritos.  thank me later.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #688 on: July 09, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
I love Long John Silvers fish and I hate most fish.

I wish a cool bar would serve the EXACT same fish as LJS, so I could have it with a nice beer.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #689 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »
Also, I will not eat fish and chips without malt vinegar.  Will not do it.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 09, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »

I wish a cool bar would serve the EXACT same fish as LJS, so I could have it with a nice beer.

pretty sure i heard that the ljs in mhk serves cold frosty ones pete. but i can't confirm this because i have never eaten at an ljs in my entire life.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 09, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »

pretty sure i heard that the ljs in mhk serves cold frosty ones pete. but i can't confirm this because i have never eaten at an ljs in my entire life.

CAN CONFIRM.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 09, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »
Remember how gross LJS version 1.0 was in Manhattan? The new one is the total opposite.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »
Is Captain D's still a thing?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02:52 AM »
What kind of fish was it? If they used talapia instead of cod or haddock I'd be all  :facepalm: :curse:

it was batter fried cod.  if they served me talapia fish and potato chips i would have wiped my ass with it and smeared it on the chef's face and then beat him.

i'm also pretty pissed off at the american public for allowing the proliferation of this garbage tilapia fish into our food chain.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 09, 2013, 11:53:12 AM »
McCoy's has a really good Fish and Chips.

Had a Steak and Blue Wrap from Hickocks last night that was really good.  Homemade Potato Chips came with it, but they had fries with their Fish and Chips.  I guess they get it.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 09, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
I haven't been to Hickok's in about a year and a half, ever since they took the pulled pork off the menu, changed their french fries(chips) and took off half of the happy hour specials. Really sad, used to be good.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #697 on: July 09, 2013, 12:44:16 PM »

it was batter fried cod.  if they served me talapia fish and potato chips i would have wiped my ass with it and smeared it on the chef's face and then beat him.

i'm also pretty pissed off at the american public for allowing the proliferation of this garbage tilapia fish into our food chain.
Frozen tilapia fillets are a healthy, cheap, versatile food that you can make taste like anything you want. Wouldn't get at a restaurant though.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 09, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
tilapia wouldn't be near the hit if it was called boarfish or brown dobber or something. so take this as a lesson to all you fish namers out there. you want to get people to buy and eat your fish? name it tilapia or crescent bay fish or geneviva or something like that. brown dobber? gross would not eat.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:22 PM »
culvers has an amazing fish basket.