Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 472492 times)

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #575 on: June 21, 2013, 08:52:17 AM »
Has anybody eaten at Gaslight Grill?  Thinking about taking the Mrs. there tomorrow night for eight year anniversary.  She wants a good steak (well done)   :chainsaw:  but at the same time to try a new place.
Nice restaurant, I went because I had a coupon to use from the coupon book we bought from the neighbor kid.  They get really fresh seafood there.  The Mrs. will like it.

It was really good, would definitely go back.  I had the Ahi Tuna.   :love:   My wife had a burnt steak.
@lopakman

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 21, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »
Has anybody eaten at Gaslight Grill?  Thinking about taking the Mrs. there tomorrow night for eight year anniversary.  She wants a good steak (well done)   :chainsaw:  but at the same time to try a new place.
Nice restaurant, I went because I had a coupon to use from the coupon book we bought from the neighbor kid.  They get really fresh seafood there.  The Mrs. will like it.

It was really good, would definitely go back.  I had the Ahi Tuna.   :love:   My wife had a burnt steak.

how was the vibe there? good atmosphere? 137th and Nall seems like it would be a fantastic setting

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 21, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »

how was the vibe there? good atmosphere? 137th and Nall seems like it would be a fantastic setting

We thought it would be too.  When we got there I think we were one of maybe three couples under 50 in the entire restaurant.   The waiter said that most of their business comes from regulars who live in Deer Creek. 

There was a jazz band in the back room that we stuck around to listen to for a while.  It was pretty cool but we eventually left to meet up with some friends over at Nick and Jakes.  I would recommend going there for the food but not for the atmosphere. 
@lopakman

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 21, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »
maybe you couldn't tell because you're lopakman, but 137th and Nall does not sound like a fantastic setting

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
maybe you couldn't tell because you're lopakman, but 137th and Nall does not sound like a fantastic setting

To each your own.  But yeah, it's not as cool as anything you'd find in Dallas, California.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:45:57 AM by lopakman »
@lopakman

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 21, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
Does Woodyard BBQ have the best wings in town?  I think they might, I think they might.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 21, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »
Does Woodyard BBQ have the best wings in town?  I think they might, I think they might.
no, but jackstack does.

also i refuse to go to gaslight for the sole reason of their commercials on 810, featuring dick squawk

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 21, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »

To each your own.  But yeah, it's not as cool as anything you'd find in Dallas, California.

:surprised:

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 21, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

:surprised:

:thumbs:  I'll give you that one.
@lopakman

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 21, 2013, 10:15:14 AM »

Woodyard has amazing chicken. Just fantastic.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
Will be in the area of 87th and I-35 tomorrow around lunchtime.   Any good eats around there?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 21, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Will be in the area of 87th and I-35 tomorrow around lunchtime.   Any good eats around there?
Zarda bbq

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 21, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

By and large, eating in the bar is the way to go when dining at SoJoCo establishments.  The atmosphere and the service will be better. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 21, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »

Holy Land Cafe if you like mideastern food.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 21, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »

http://thaiplacekc.com/ has some pretty good curries.
@lopakman

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 21, 2013, 10:29:25 AM »
Zarda bbq

yeah if you wanna eat a piece of dog crap between two slices of bread you should definitely go to zarda.  :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 21, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
Zarda bbq

yeah if you wanna eat a piece of dog crap between two slices of bread you should definitely go to zarda.  :lol:

yeah go to the peanut instead and get a BLT with extra bacon + egg  :drool:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 21, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
Zarda bbq

Shhh... Don't ruin this for me. Also,  :shakesfist: that's the girl I'm seeing's family.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
Zarda bbq

Shhh... Don't ruin this for me. Also,  :shakesfist: that's the girl I'm seeing's family.

well you know what they say wacky, dont crap where you eat.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »

Panchos

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 21, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »
Zarda bbq

holy crap my bro dog married a zarda

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 21, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
used to be a jalepenos around there.

Also, costco

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 21, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »
PEANUT PEANUT PEANUT ! ! !

mikey is 4 da peanut you guys

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 21, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
Zarda bbq

holy crap my bro dog married a zarda
:sdeek: I'm suppose to vacation with them sometime soon.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 21, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »
Anton's is pretty good.  Also I totally checked out everything they got going on in the basement.   :thumbs: