Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 472514 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »
Guys, everyone says cosentino's market downtown is expensive? What is with that? I can eat a monster salad down there from the office for $5.99 and wink at cute fillies in the process. :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
Rye is rough ridin' crap.
like, as in the bread?

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 06, 2013, 03:50:39 PM »
All-Star Pizza and Pub.  Anyone been?  Have had their pizza and wings(second place behind peanut in my book) a few times but last night was a burger deal.  Pretty good stuff.

Most surprising and wonderful thing was their beer menu though.  At least 30 beers on tap and several you probably wouldnt get but maybe one or two other places in town.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 06, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
Rye is rough ridin' crap.
like, as in the bread?

No, restaurant at Mission Farms.   Went their for brunch this past weekend, worst brunch experience of my life.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »
that's weird.  bluestem's sunday brunch is increds.  oh well, shove it, south side losers. i bet that's colby's thoughts. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
that's weird.  bluestem's sunday brunch is increds.  oh well, shove it, south side losers. i bet that's colby's thoughts.

I give chances to restaurants, clams.  Rye had their chance.  They blew it, but we all learned something, didn't we.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »

I give chances to restaurants, clams.  Rye had their chance.  They blew it, but we all learned something, didn't we.
RYE IS mumped!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »
All-Star Pizza and Pub.  Anyone been?  Have had their pizza and wings(second place behind peanut in my book) a few times but last night was a burger deal.  Pretty good stuff.

Most surprising and wonderful thing was their beer menu though.  At least 30 beers on tap and several you probably wouldnt get but maybe one or two other places in town.

Went to the one up north, worst pizza I ever had, awful service, will never return for food.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 11, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
ATTENTION 'CLAMS, ATTENTION!!! I have a groupon to Nica's tonight and I'm taking the filly. Suggestions, what's good, etc. Don't eff this up! TIA :D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
ATTENTION CLAMS, WHERE ARE YOU?[/size]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
ATTENTION 'CLAMS, ATTENTION!!! I have a groupon to Nica's tonight and I'm taking the filly. Suggestions, what's good, etc. Don't eff this up! TIA :D

speaking of which...i got on kc groupon a couple of weeks ago because i was going to be leaving the junior daris's with relatives for two days in kc and was hoping there would be something interesting on there for them to do that i could buy-indoor trampolines, petting zoo, etc.

what i found was that the nicest restaurants in kc were on freaking groupon. bluestem groupon? wtf? do people not support the nice kc restaurants enough that they have to resort to that bullcrap.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »

speaking of which...i got on kc groupon a couple of weeks ago because i was going to be leaving the junior daris's with relatives for two days in kc and was hoping there would be something interesting on there for them to do that i could buy-indoor trampolines, petting zoo, etc.

what i found was that the nicest restaurants in kc were on freaking groupon. bluestem groupon? wtf? do people not support the nice kc restaurants enough that they have to resort to that bullcrap.
Crazy, right? Groupon is killing restaurants. So sad!!!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:03 AM »

never eaten dinner there.  pretty good brunch.  i heard their pizza is ok.  that's all i got.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 14, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
Thanks dude!

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 14, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »

never eaten dinner there.  pretty good brunch.  i heard their pizza is ok.  that's all i got.

They also own a beignet place in City Market that is pretty good.  Run down and get the filly some french doughnuts in the morning before she get up!  Make sure she doesnt eat them in the bed though cause that powdered sugar would get everywhere!!!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 14, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
bluestem has done groupon from time to time, that smoked lamb belly is really good.   not sure why they do it, i'll ask tonight at happy hour.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 14, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »
Has anybody eaten at Gaslight Grill?  Thinking about taking the Mrs. there tomorrow night for eight year anniversary.  She wants a good steak (well done)   :chainsaw:  but at the same time to try a new place. 
@lopakman

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 14, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »
bluestem has done groupon from time to time, that smoked lamb belly is really good.   not sure why they do it, i'll ask tonight at happy hour.

be sure to get the groupon before you go and pay half as much!

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 14, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »

Get the Dr. John :lick: . 'clams is right about their brunch menu, place is money on brunch.

Roommates and I were bored one afternoon and got pak'd on old fashioneds and played skee ball in the back room, that was fun.  Also, the bartender wearing the newsie hat is EMAW, so that's another bonus of Nica's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »

Get the Dr. John :lick: . 'clams is right about their brunch menu, place is money on brunch.

Roommates and I were bored one afternoon and got pak'd on old fashioneds and played skee ball in the back room, that was fun.  Also, the bartender wearing the newsie hat is EMAW, so that's another bonus of Nica's.
:thumbs:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 16, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
Guys, everyone says cosentino's market downtown is expensive? What is with that? I can eat a monster salad down there from the office for $5.99 and wink at cute fillies in the process. :dunno:

get chef kamal gyros there. delish. also $5.99.
emaw

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 16, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

be sure to get the groupon before you go and pay half as much!

If you get a groupon somewhere and like the place, hop on TripAdvisor or Yelp or whatever and give them a positive review.  Groupons are hell on a business because they make basically no money off them and people who buy them are usually cheap asses that leave shitty reviews.  Most businesses are figuring this out finally.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
I went to Smokin' Guns today.  Pretty good.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 21, 2013, 08:28:29 AM »
Has anybody eaten at Gaslight Grill?  Thinking about taking the Mrs. there tomorrow night for eight year anniversary.  She wants a good steak (well done)   :chainsaw:  but at the same time to try a new place.
Nice restaurant, I went because I had a coupon to use from the coupon book we bought from the neighbor kid.  They get really fresh seafood there.  The Mrs. will like it.