Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 481746 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #1775 on: March 30, 2015, 03:02:49 AM »
It's weird how that space (current ingredient ) has failed so many times. it should be a place for a great neighborhood amenity (aka not touristy) with it facing west plaza but i guess its partly due to so many plaza residents not buying in to the city life concept and end up driving to target/hyvee every chance they get.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 30, 2015, 08:44:09 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 30, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
It's weird how that space (current ingredient ) has failed so many times. it should be a place for a great neighborhood amenity (aka not touristy) with it facing west plaza but i guess its partly due to so many plaza residents not buying in to the city life concept and end up driving to target/hyvee every chance they get.

I used to roll into Meiners like a boss

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 30, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »
what's really not weird is that you don't know what the eff you're talking about

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 30, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »
Phil Titola posts make me want to create a LenexaChamberOfCommerceCat sock.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »
:lol:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 30, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »
what's really not weird is that you don't know what the eff you're talking about

Huh? So angry clams. Just my experience living on the plaza For ywars.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 30, 2015, 11:11:35 AM »
your schtick gets old.  it's you and your downtown living against the world.

meiners was a specialty market, it was a compliment to places like target and hyvee. its closing isn't unique to the plaza, small grocers have been eliminated everywhere.  you should remind yourself of that the next time you walk the nice new aisles of your downtown price chopper.

meiners space has failed so many times..  how many times would you guess?  let me tell you.  meiners was in that space for a decade.  before meiners, that space was filled by muehlbach's west, another small, specialty market, for 62 years. after meiners closed, guess what went in?  ingredient.
3 businesses ~80 years.

but ya plaza residents just don't buy into the city life concept and end up driving to price chopper every chance we get.  rough ridin' idiot.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »
Got it. plaza living was great too. I get annoyed with the transplants downtown and plaza that don't support the local stores in the neighborhood. not against the world. Thanks for the feedback!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:31 AM »
When I worked in radio, I sold some spots to one of the Cosentino's for one of the bars they owned. They were giant jack holes about the whole thing. I also met a nephew of theirs out one time who claimed that the guy that was with him was his body guard and he'd kick my ass if I looked at him wrong. Ex military guy and all. I wouldn't support the downtown market if I wasn't so damn lazy. I rough ridin' hate that family.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:08:26 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: March 30, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »
it's kind of awkward in here now

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »
Two food places generally last on the plaza. Chains with brand recognition that tourists/wichita/joco residents go to. And places with good food and service that locals and folks who work on the plaza frequent. But this is pretty much true of all food spots so now that I realize this isn't adding much I'll just post it instead of deleting it

I hope the tapas place is excellent.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 30, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »
Two food places generally last on the plaza. Chains with brand recognition that tourists/wichita/joco residents go to. And places with good food and service that locals and folks who work on the plaza frequent. But this is pretty much true of all food spots so now that I realize this isn't adding much I'll just post it instead of deleting it

this happens to me all the time. glad you posted it instead of deleting.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 30, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »

the places that last on the plaza sell alcohol.  that's pretty much the secret to success down here, and not having too much square footage. 

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »

the places that last on the plaza sell alcohol.  that's pretty much the secret to success down here, and not having too much square footage.
Ingredient had alcohol. And a happy hour!!! 

Who knew?!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 30, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
to clams' point, firehouse was pretty good but my goodness, waaaay too big for them.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
to clams' point, firehouse was pretty good but my goodness, waaaay too big for them.

how many $5 subs can you sell between 11:00-1:00 each day?  hopefully a lot when your rent runs around $12k/month.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 30, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »
Il Lazzarone, pizza bella, or blue grotto (which is located supposedly completely changing concept soon)?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 30, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
Il Lazzarone, pizza bella, or blue grotto (which is located supposedly completely changing concept soon)?

blue grotto. but i live down the street so I'm biased here.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 30, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »
i thought blue grotto was renaming themselves to bia and changing the concept by bringing in the le fou frog chef

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 30, 2015, 07:00:23 PM »
i thought blue grotto was renaming themselves to bia and changing the concept by bringing in the le fou frog chef

Could be. I've only heard they are switching concepts partly due to their owner killing himself?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 30, 2015, 08:12:45 PM »
they're switching concepts because they have new ownership, not because john grier died.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 30, 2015, 08:35:38 PM »
they're switching concepts because they have new ownership, not because john grier died.

thanks. I'm not in the biz to keep up on all these changes, just a fan of eating.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 30, 2015, 08:45:02 PM »
seems like you're hearing a lot of wrong information lately, I'd be concerned

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 30, 2015, 08:46:31 PM »
Teach me your ways.