Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 481733 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #1425 on: July 30, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
Guys, I don't have time to re-read this entire thread.  I have a hot date tonight.  Where should I go?   You know, someplace that basically guarantees the sexy time later ("doing it" if you know what I mean).

Playboy X and poonhound69 aren't answering their PM's.

That little Italian place South plaza. Name is escaping me.

Accurso's i think. yeah that's a good spot

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 30, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Guys, I don't have time to re-read this entire thread.  I have a hot date tonight.  Where should I go?   You know, someplace that basically guarantees the sexy time later ("doing it" if you know what I mean).

Tannin has a good environment. La bodega small plates. Classic cup sit on front patio. That little Italian place South plaza. Name is escaping me.

Good suggestions.  You should think about changing your name to "Phil TITStola" with this sort of hard core romance advice at your ready.  That or just "Panty Dropper Phil," but that one might be taken, I don't know for sure.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 30, 2014, 02:17:25 PM »
could add 69 to the end if either already taken. that's what I do when I am forced to change my password on something.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 30, 2014, 02:31:28 PM »
Pete have you considered Mongolian BBQ?  I like it for several reasons.  One, the ingredients are right there in front of you, fresh, ready to go.  Two, you get to pick exactly what you want.  If your food sucked it's because you sucked.  Personal responsibility.  Three, it's a buffet.  First plate sucked?  Mulligan!  Four, for one dollar you get to bang the crap out of the gong.  This makes the cooking crew cheer and it will for sure impress your date.  Five, there are some really creative and funny shirts on the cooking crew.  Good ice breaker on a first date.  Six.  You don't need a sixth reason.  Just go there and thank me later.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 30, 2014, 02:39:19 PM »
houston's

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 30, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
houston's

Clams, what is the "go-to" entree at Houstons for guaranteed hot love making action?  Grilled chicken salad?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 30, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »
Pete have you considered Mongolian BBQ?  I like it for several reasons.  One, the ingredients are right there in front of you, fresh, ready to go.  Two, you get to pick exactly what you want.  If your food sucked it's because you sucked.  Personal responsibility.  Three, it's a buffet.  First plate sucked?  Mulligan!  Four, for one dollar you get to bang the crap out of the gong.  This makes the cooking crew cheer and it will for sure impress your date.  Five, there are some really creative and funny shirts on the cooking crew.  Good ice breaker on a first date.  Six.  You don't need a sixth reason.  Just go there and thank me later.

I love Genghis Khan down by the Med Center, but I only do lunches there.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 30, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
Stroud's at 135th and Antioch. its where MiMi (babe)'s Cafe used to be. nothing says panties hittin the floor like a pile of fried chicken and mashed taters.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 30, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »

That little Italian place South plaza. Name is escaping me.

Accurso's i think. yeah that's a good spot
Osteria Il Centro

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 30, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
did you guys read my tonyabrag about j.gilberts?

I am actually considering this for tonight.  It's fairly close to my home.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:15 PM »
wow. so pete responds to everyone but me, huh? what a dick. on the flippy, it's the fourth or fifth time i've recommended thomas to him so i'm sure he's sick of hearing it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
wow. so pete responds to everyone but me, huh? what a dick. on the flippy, it's the fourth or fifth time i've recommended thomas to him so i'm sure he's sick of hearing it.

Whoa, whoa there Rick Daris. I had never heard of "Thomas."  Sounded fishy.  I am going to go back and read your posts about this place, and re-evaluate. 

I checked their website, and it looked kinda "foo foo."  Is it?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 30, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »

Whoa, whoa there Rick Daris. I had never heard of "Thomas."  Sounded fishy.  I am going to go back and read your posts about this place, and re-evaluate. 

do you remember good friend of rick daris, vince cook?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 30, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »

they have a rooftop Pete for pete's sakes

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: July 30, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »

FONDLY!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 30, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »

FONDLY!

well what if i told you that there is a nice little restaurant on 39th st where vince plays the piano at nightly and has for about seven years. then what if i told you that he will play anything from poison to nwa to miley cyrus on that piano and has a song book with about a thousand songs in it and takes requests from it. thirdly what if i told you that he loves for friends to come by and will let your wife sit up at the piano with him and sing along and basically do whatever she wants to do and be super nice to her. i mean i could even call him and be like hey man, pete's coming in tonight and needs you to serenade his lady specifically with this song or something. i mean wow! you want to talk panty dropper... :eek:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:01:53 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 30, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »

FONDLY!

well what if i told you that there is a nice little restaurant on 39th st where vince plays the piano at nightly and has for about seven years. then what if i told you that he will play anything from poison to nwa to miley cyrus on that piano and has a song book with about a thousand songs in it and takes requests from it. thirdly what if i told you that he loves for friends to come by and will let your wife sit up at the piano with him and sing along and basically do whatever she wants to do and be super nice to her. i mean i could even call him and be like hey man, pete's coming in tonight and needs you to serenade his lady specifically with this song or something. i mean wow! you want to talk panty dropper... :eek:

What time does he start playing tonight? 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 30, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »

FONDLY!

:runaway:

i really think you should go sometime but i'm not sure i could take the disappointment if it didn't work out for you or you didn't like it. i'd just feel sick to my stomach about the whole thing.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »

FONDLY!

i really think you should go sometime but i'm not sure i could take the disappointment if it didn't work out for you or you didn't like it. i'd just feel sick to my stomach about the whole thing.

Well, I want to do this, but perhaps I should wait for a weekend night?  What would you advise?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 30, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »

FONDLY!

Well, I want to do this, but perhaps I should wait for a weekend night?  What would you advise?

man idk. maybe a weekend or something with a small group where you can make it a late night, but i do think you'd have fun tonight too. i think he usually starts around 7 and goes til close. let me know if you end up going and i'll give him a heads up. i've been around ten times and have always had fun but we also always get slightly intoxicated, stay til close and then either stay out with vince or make him drive us to where we are staying. here are the yelp reviews that contain "piano player" in them. most of them are pretty nice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/thomas-kansas-city?hrid=l7kAfOJLLLlcYHT5ti1ydw&rh_ident=piano_player&rh_type=phrase

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 30, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
I want to do this, but I'd also like to go with a small group.  I will wait, but this is on my "must do" list.  We should make a KC pak out of this.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 30, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
pete would you be willing to compromise and trade guaranteed sexy time for all you can eat bread sticks? i know a place.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 30, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
pete would you be willing to compromise and trade guaranteed sexy time for all you can eat bread sticks? i know a place.

I am going to have to flip a coin on this one....

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »
houston's

Clams, what is the "go-to" entree at Houstons for guaranteed hot love making action?  Grilled chicken salad?

flying tuna platter :fatty:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.