Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 472765 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #1175 on: June 04, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 04, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
I'll be in KC for some Royals games during the Yankee series, I want to take my NY family to BBQ.  I'm thinking Jack's Stack. Was considering OK Joes, but wanted something a little nicer. Other suggestions?  We're open to something other than BBQ, but thought that would be a good choice. 

We've taken them to:
Arthur Bryants- :Yuck:
Gates- :dubious:

Your BBQ choice is fine. Wacky had a good idea on Antons. I'd also throw in tannin, Brgr for something casual, and rieger. Ponaks if you want to get blitzed on 'ritas

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 04, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
I'll be in KC for some Royals games during the Yankee series, I want to take my NY family to BBQ.  I'm thinking Jack's Stack. Was considering OK Joes, but wanted something a little nicer. Other suggestions?  We're open to something other than BBQ, but thought that would be a good choice. 

We've taken them to:

the town center okie joe's is "nicer"
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 04, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »

We've taken them to:

I'd go to jackstack on the plaza or q39 in midtown.  the plaza jackstack is good b/c there's other crap for you guys to do around it.  q39 has really grown on me in the past week.  had it again last night. crap is good.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 04, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »
Jack Stack Freighthouse, outside, is the best for out of town visitors and it's not close

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 04, 2014, 09:46:01 AM »
Jack Stack Freighthouse, outside, is the best for out of town visitors and it's not close

yeah, gotta 2nd my pal mocat here. freighthouse is where it's at.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 04, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »
ya gotta 3rd my pal mocat here, ya because there's nothing better than walking around that area with nothing to do other than get shanked or maybe shop at the lego store in crown center if you can make it that far alive

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 04, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
pro tip: if you have a waiter and fancy napkins, the BBQ sucks.

okie joes is the best BBQ in KC and the gas station off mission is the best okie joes. take them there, then drive to the plaza.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
That Jack Stack is really smoky inside.  Like makes my eyes water. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »

okie joes is the best BBQ in KC and the gas station off mission is the best okie joes. take them there, then drive to the plaza.

but it's really not

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »

You really want her whole family to wait in a line for an hour, get their food, and see if they're lucky enough to have a seat? :Yuck:

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 04, 2014, 10:00:43 AM »
Thanks all.
I was thinking the JS downtown near lego/crown center.
We'll probably only do one meal out in KC (after spending time at legends and cabelas  :facepalm:) before Mondays game, I was thinking a late lunch, early dinner, our 4 yo will be in tow. OK Joes in JoCo (Olathe? OP?) is still a possibility, but out of the way.  With those additional nuggets of information, fire away other suggestions.

We are also going to the Friday game and will probably dine at the K.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 04, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »
ya gotta 3rd my pal mocat here, ya because there's nothing better than walking around that area with nothing to do other than get shanked or maybe shop at the lego store in crown center if you can make it that far alive

crossroads  :ohno: SHANKROADS

crown center  :ohno: SHANK CENTER

union station  :ohno: SHANK STATION

liberty memorial  :ohno: A HUMONGOUS FREAKING SHANK SHAPED OBJECT MEMORIAL  :runaway:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 04, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
when I dine at the K

I dine on brisket nachos in a baseball helmet.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 04, 2014, 10:06:14 AM »

Nope. Most fatties would never make it between JS freight house and crown center.

Downtown crime memes are dead. Plaza mobs are where is at now. We will get a Gap down here soon for you to have something "to do"

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 04, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »
Thanks all.
I was thinking the JS downtown near lego/crown center.
We'll probably only do one meal out in KC (after spending time at legends and cabelas  :facepalm:) before Mondays game, I was thinking a late lunch, early dinner, our 4 yo will be in tow. OK Joes in JoCo (Olathe? OP?) is still a possibility, but out of the way.  With those additional nuggets of information, fire away other suggestions.

We are also going to the Friday game and will probably dine at the K.

If going from legends to stadium, I wouldn't take a side trip to those locations. Pick something closer to i70

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 04, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
 :comeatme:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »

You really want her whole family to wait in a line for an hour, get their food, and see if they're lucky enough to have a seat? :Yuck:

well if they want the best BBQ in KC, yes. and also they do carry out so maybe they could just do that and then go to crown center and picnic or something. idk. i just know that when my family comes in town and they say they want BBQ, i dont take them to some snooty sit down second tier BBQ joint because you can get to sit down. its BBQ. its not classy. you eat it with your hands.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 04, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »
Are there any good Korean places in kc?  Pretty sure I've fallen in love with them while in NYC

Choga = really great

Chosun and Sobahn =  pretty good

Chung's Rainbow = mostly meh

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 04, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »
there are 3 korean places in JC better than the best korean place in KC. Just get BBQ like you are supposed to.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 04, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »

well if they want the best BBQ in KC, yes. and also they do carry out so maybe they could just do that and then go to crown center and picnic or something. idk. i just know that when my family comes in town and they say they want BBQ, i dont take them to some snooty sit down second tier BBQ joint because you can get to sit down. its BBQ. its not classy. you eat it with your hands.

i mean it's not like if you go to Jack Stack you are going to not get the best BBQ in KC

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 04, 2014, 10:34:06 AM »

i mean it's not like if you go to Jack Stack you are going to not get the best BBQ in KC

actually yes it is.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
ok joes is good bbq, it's not the best in kc by any means but we should really take this bbq argument to the kansas city things thread

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 04, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »

actually yes it is.

listen if you are from out of town and you get to try OK Joes, Gates, Arthur Bryant's, or Jack Stack, you can truthfully say you've had some of the best in KC. JFC they're all neck and neck and anybody who says otherwise is just stating personal preference. between the four choices above, the Freighthouse has by far the best and most unique atmosphere and therefore makes it the best for out of town guests trying their first kc bbq. fair?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 04, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
ok joes is good bbq, it's not the best in kc by any means but we should really take this bbq argument to the kansas city things thread

ok joe's is a cut above the rest. but they are all very good. for the most part.