Author Topic: Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?  (Read 84411 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?
« Reply #475 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »
Facts and NFL scouts obviously have a strong KU bias.

don't get this.  Hawkinson was 3rd or 4th at his position and he's been falling down the boards since.  He came to the program straight out of high school and, basically, was in top five at his position because he was starting early on (because KU didn't have any other good players at his position).  Foketi, on the other hand, is RISING, and has only played one year of football at this level. 

Other than that...

Klein rated higher than Christ (certainly a knock on Christ since Klein isn't an NFL QB)
LBs higher
CB higher
Tannahille and McDonald higher than any of your tight ends
Lockett higher than any of your receivers

Not sure how you view scouts as being more preferential to KU.  That is laughable.

When it's all said and done we'll have a minimum of four pros on the current OLine. 

Besides that, of the players not considered NFL prospects...KSU simply has more BCS conference level players.

And we'll drill KU by 28pts -plus in Manhattan this year.  But I'm sure you'll try to make up something after that.

KU has out-recruited K-State for several years now.  Go back and look at the past few recruiting classes, and it's not even close.  K-State barely has anyone with a 2nd BCS offer.  It's laughable.

As for KU's NFL draft prospects...

OT ranked higher (Hawkinson at #9 overall - #6 overall according to Kiper)
OG ranked higher (Zlatnik at #36 overall - no K-State player listed)
OLB ranked higher (Opurum at #21 overall - no K-State player listed)
SS ranked higher (McDougald at #42 overall - no K-State player listed)
DE ranked higher (Williams at #64 overall - no K-State player listed)
WR ranked higher (Patterson at #57 overall - no K-State player listed)
QB (Crist at #21 overall)
CB (Greg Brown at #88 overall)

Sorry, Hatter.  K-State's talent is sh*t outside of a few players.  KU has more talent overall and more players with multiple BCS offers.  Lew Perkins made the worst hire in D-1 history after leading KU to a BCS Bowl and national title, and K-State fans have been trying to squeeze every last drop out of it.  We have a legit coaching staff now and a good strength program.  cocKSUcker state fans are in for a rude awakening next year. 

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 10, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
I feel so blessed that beems hasn't given up. This thread is one of the reasons I jump on here a couple of times a day.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
59x2 with crap players  :lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 10, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »

Turner Gill.

Just like KU 52-21'd cocKSUcker state when you had Ron Prince.

This is too easy.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 10, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »

Turner Gill.

Just like KU 52-21'd cocKSUcker state when you had Ron Prince.

This is too easy.
:lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

don't get this.  Hawkinson was 3rd or 4th at his position and he's been falling down the boards since.  He came to the program straight out of high school and, basically, was in top five at his position because he was starting early on (because KU didn't have any other good players at his position).  Foketi, on the other hand, is RISING, and has only played one year of football at this level. 

Other than that...

Klein rated higher than Christ (certainly a knock on Christ since Klein isn't an NFL QB)
LBs higher
CB higher

Not sure how you view scouts as being more preferential to KU.  That is laughable.

When it's all said and done we'll have a minimum of four pros on the current OLine. 

Besides that, of the players not considered NFL prospects...KSU simply has more BCS conference level players.

And we'll drill KU by 28pts -plus in Manhattan this year.  But I'm sure you'll try to make up something after that.

KU has out-recruited K-State for several years now.  Go back and look at the past few recruiting classes, and it's not even close.  K-State barely has anyone with a 2nd BCS offer.  It's laughable.

Sorry, Hatter.  K-State's talent is sh*t outside of a few players.  KU has more talent overall and more players with multiple BCS offers.  Lew Perkins made the worst hire in D-1 history after leading KU to a BCS Bowl and national title, and K-State fans have been trying to squeeze every last drop out of it.  We have a legit coaching staff now and a good strength program.  cocKSUcker state fans are in for a rude awakening next year.

Looks like bmw went with his usual double butthurt with cheese at the Butthurt Bar and Grill for lunch today. Great choice.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 10, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
This is going to end up worse for cocKSUcker state fans than the Briscoe >>> Lamark thread.  I can feel it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 10, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
KU fans hanging the banner of "we have more talent than you" 3 years and running now.  :emawkid:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 10, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »
Not sure the Turner Gill talking point really helps you beems.  Should we pull up some old threads about how he was going to stomp Snyder's cocksucker cats teams? 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 10, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Lew Perkins made the worst hire in D-1 history after leading KU to a BCS Bowl and national title, and K-State fans have been trying to squeeze every last drop out of it.  We have a legit coaching staff now and a good strength program.  cocKSUcker state fans are in for a rude awakening next year.

Seriously?  Sports Illustrated graded the recent coaching hires, and they gave Gill an 'A.'  The only guy who got a higher grade was Charlie Strong at Louisville.  Gill's got recruiting ties to the Big 12, he has experience rebuilding a football program, and he brought in a hell of a coaching staff.  You guys can look at his record at Buffalo and scoff all you want, but the bottom line is that Buffalo was the worst D-1 football program in the country before he took over.  KU had options, but Gill was the perfect fit.  There simply weren't that many other coaches out there with recruiting ties to the Big 12 and a history of building a football program.

Gill:  first KU coach to beat a top 15 team at home since 1984.  But hey, let's go ahead and write him off three games into his first season.  That would be the logical thing to do

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 10, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
When all else fails, pull up threads from three years ago where I was optimistic about Turner Gill.  Would love to do the same for Ron Prince, but unfortunately, KSUFans is long gone.  None of this changes the fact that Gill sucked. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 10, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »
When all else fails, pull up threads from three years ago where I was optimistic about Turner Gill.  Would love to do the same for Ron Prince, but unfortunately, KSUFans is long gone.  None of this changes the fact that Gill sucked.

Would you describe Weis as more or less of a perfect fit?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 10, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »

I'd describe him as infinitely better than Turner Gill. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 10, 2012, 03:46:38 PM »
It appears that through your use of record over the last 5 years as a talking point in your arguments you believe that Charlie Weis is a better coach than LHC Bill Snyder.  Are you willing to state: "Charlie Weis is a better football coach than LHC Bill Snyder"?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 10, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »

Something tells me Charlie doesn't come across a perfect fit very often.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 10, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »

Other than that...

LBs higher
CB higher

Arthur Brown
Braden Wilson
Foketi
Klein
Malone
Zimmerman (noticed you left him out, classic)
Tyler Lockett

I just named seven players who are ALL listed within the top 13 for their respective positions in the year of their draft.  I'm not sure why you say "overall" because the rankings you provided are POSITION rankings and not as in "88th" for all positions.

Please tell me what you do not understand.  CLEARLY, KSU has better talent and the scouts agree.  Do you need me to teach you how to read?

I didn't even name some players like Tannahill, McDonald, and Tre Walker.

Zlatnick is the 36th rated guard....guarantee after one season Whitehair will be rated much higher than that for the guards in his class.

It is like stealing candy from a baby. 
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 10, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
fellow GoEmawers,

this is how sad it is to be beems.  He used "overall" in his wording.  As in Christ is the 21st rated player overall.  As you can see from the link below...he completely and totally ignores that "21st" for Christ is a POSITION ONLY rating.  Notice this list and then hit the "next 10 quarterbacks" tab.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2013&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC&startspot=0

Klein at #13 and Christ at #21 and he actually tries to use it to sell his argument.

Hawkinson is the only one on the list worth a damn.  He's rated #9 amongst OTs.  KSU has four players in the top 10 at their position.  Plus many guys in the 10-25 range.  Yet beems tries to sell you on dudes ranked 36th, 42nd, 88th,etc....I'm not even sure he's aware these are position ratings given his "overall" tags.  But it is quite humorous.

I think my have part is listing KU's safety in the 40s and then saying "nobody for KSU rated"....when Zimmerman is top 7 at his position. 

Desperation beems...it brings out the most creativity in all of us.  If that doesn't happen then some choose to just starting shooting at people.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »
zimmerman was a 3 time all-american on my ncaa12 dynasty.

:thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 10, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »
If that doesn't happen then some choose to just starting shooting at people.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
 :lol: He's so Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 10, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »

T's and P's to those who use their real name(looking at you Fanning) and those who he could pick out of a crowd(both with his eyes and a gun).

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 10, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »
/thread.
thanks hatter.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 10, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
A KSU team lead by a ripped apart shoulder transfer QB beat Mark Mangino, Todd Reesing etc. etc. in the "History Awaits" year.

A KSU team lead by Carson Coffman tore ku a new a$$hole on their home field.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 10, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »
Turner Gill seasons don't count dax you butthurt grapeseed crocksucker fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 10, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

T's and P's to those who use their real name(looking at you Fanning) and those who he could pick out of a crowd(both with his eyes and a gun).
  :ohno: