Author Topic: Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?  (Read 85560 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?
« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
Turner Gill seasons don't count dax you butthurt grapeseed crocksucker fan.

Oh I understand, Turner Gill doesn't count, the year before also doesn't count because of injuries and the team didn't like Mangino.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2012, 05:28:02 PM »
Beems:
So K-State's best win in that "decade of dominance" is a flukey upset win over #3 OU.  No wonder KU's 12-1 Orange Bowl season and win over #3 Va Tech bothers the grapes so much.
Man so butthurt. And he's so wrong. See what he did? #3 OU (final ranking, before we beat them they were named "the best team ever" & ranked #1) And then he used #3 V. Tech which was not a final ranking.  :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »
fellow GoEmawers,

this is how sad it is to be beems.  He used "overall" in his wording.  As in Christ is the 21st rated player overall.  As you can see from the link below...he completely and totally ignores that "21st" for Christ is a POSITION ONLY rating.  Notice this list and then hit the "next 10 quarterbacks" tab.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2013&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC&startspot=0

Klein at #13 and Christ at #21 and he actually tries to use it to sell his argument.

Hawkinson is the only one on the list worth a damn.  He's rated #9 amongst OTs.  KSU has four players in the top 10 at their position.  Plus many guys in the 10-25 range.  Yet beems tries to sell you on dudes ranked 36th, 42nd, 88th,etc....I'm not even sure he's aware these are position ratings given his "overall" tags.  But it is quite humorous.

I think my have part is listing KU's safety in the 40s and then saying "nobody for KSU rated"....when Zimmerman is top 7 at his position. 

Desperation beems...it brings out the most creativity in all of us.  If that doesn't happen then some choose to just starting shooting at people.

I was clearly talking overall in respect to each position, clown boy.  Fact is that KU has many more players with multiple BCS offers, while K-State has a few nice players here and there that Scheme Doctor has been able to patch together.  At the end of the day, KU has more NFL talent and more talent overall.  It's just too bad Turner Gill wasted it for two years.

*And I limited my list to 2013 prospects, clown boy.  Nice attempt at throwing in '14 prospects when the discussion was clearly limited to '13 NFL Draft projections.   
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:13:24 PM by OregonSmock »

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
Whats KU's drafted players streak at? 0?

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »
CLOWN BOY!

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
fellow GoEmawers,

this is how sad it is to be beems.  He used "overall" in his wording.  As in Christ is the 21st rated player overall.  As you can see from the link below...he completely and totally ignores that "21st" for Christ is a POSITION ONLY rating.  Notice this list and then hit the "next 10 quarterbacks" tab.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2013&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC&startspot=0

Klein at #13 and Christ at #21 and he actually tries to use it to sell his argument.

Hawkinson is the only one on the list worth a damn.  He's rated #9 amongst OTs.  KSU has four players in the top 10 at their position.  Plus many guys in the 10-25 range.  Yet beems tries to sell you on dudes ranked 36th, 42nd, 88th,etc....I'm not even sure he's aware these are position ratings given his "overall" tags.  But it is quite humorous.

I think my have part is listing KU's safety in the 40s and then saying "nobody for KSU rated"....when Zimmerman is top 7 at his position. 

Desperation beems...it brings out the most creativity in all of us.  If that doesn't happen then some choose to just starting shooting at people.

I was clearly talking overall in respect to each position, clown boy.  Fact is that KU has many more players with multiple BCS offers, while K-State has a few nice players here and there that Scheme Doctor has been able to patch together.  At the end of the day, KU has more NFL talent and more talent overall.  It's just too bad Turner Gill wasted it for two years.

*And I limited my list to 2013 prospects, clown boy.  Nice attempt at throwing in '14 prospects when the discussion was clearly limited to '13 NFL Draft projections.

So we are judging talent based on number of BCS offers?

Klein had one BCS offer according to Rivals, while Crist was a 5 star who had several. Yet, Klein is the one getting Heisman buzz and the one who is rated higher in the draft rankings.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »
Really happy Beems decided to give this thread another go.  It's like if Lance Armstrong would decide to do another Tour de France.  We'd all cheer for him despite the great odds.

Is there a doping method that makes you better at bbs'ing?   :dunno:
Yes. The trick is to get super pak'd and then bbs.

Welp, then improved hamburglar bbs'ing will commence in approximately 27 hours.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
Really happy Beems decided to give this thread another go.  It's like if Lance Armstrong would decide to do another Tour de France.  We'd all cheer for him despite the great odds.

why 27 hours?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

why 27 hours?
10ish on Friday night.  Nothing planned for tomorrow night and mrs. hamburglar is already exhausted from the week.  That means I'll drink a couple rum & cokes during the evening, between 9-10 mrs. hamburglar will go to bed, and I'll start bbs'ing while picking up the pace on the rum & cokes. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Would a single Jayhawk player make Snyder's 2 deep?
« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
damn Ham, that sounds fantastic.  it's nights like that, that married men dream of (or so I've been told).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 10, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »
Fact is that KU has many more players with multiple BCS offers, while K-State has a few nice players here and there that Scheme Doctor has been able to patch together.  At the end of the day, KU has more NFL talent and more talent overall.  It's just too bad Turner Gill wasted it for two years.

Kstate scouts better   :dunno:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 10, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »
I'm confused. Beems says that KU is stocked with talent and out-recruited K-State for the past several years but Tom Keegan, who is paid to cover KU sports, says that KU has no talent on their roster and hasn't recruited well in years.  :dunno:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/may/10/turner-gill-left-recruiting-abyss/

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 10, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »
Gill may have out recruited Bill, but it's too bad Charlie chased them all off.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
uKjr recruited Athletes, bill recruited Football players  :dunno:?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
Look who's in the top 100 for '12 season... don't see any players listed from KWho.  :lol:

The 100 Best College Football Players of 2012By Dan Vasta(Featured Columnist) on April 23, 2012 352k reads

Everybody loves to talk about whom the top players in the game are and which conferences they belong to.
Some may have their own personal criteria in terms of production or team importance, but the players that I have ranked are based on whom I would want on my team right now.
I give some love to a few linemen, a pair of kickers and even a punter. However, quarterback, at the end of the day, is vital (despite the past three BCS winners breaking in new starters)—although the importance of defensive linemen and defensive backs is growing by the minute.
Taking a look at the best of the best, here are your top 100 players for the 2012 college football season:

No. 88 Nigel Malone, Kansas State Cornerback 
Ed Zurga/Getty Images Tied for third in the nation in interceptions (seven), Malone should be one of the first names mentioned for your underrated squad.
Kansas State’s squad is loaded with a bunch of unknowns due to their lack of national exposure (blitzed by OU, fell short of OK St, knocked off BU).
Malone headlines a defense alongside linebacker Arthur Brown, but the overall speed and instincts from this cornerback are worthy of having on this list.

No. 50 Collin Klein, Kansas State Quarterback 
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Was there a player more important to his team, especially from an underrated aspect?
Most were unaware of how good the Wildcats were a season ago (as well as Klein's 27 rush TD's which tied FBS record), and despite losing to Arkansas in decisive fashion, LHC Bill Snyder has a lot to be proud of.
It starts with Klein, who is among the best dual-threat signal-callers in all of college football. He accounted for 235 yards of offense per game, which is a boatload of yards per game when you realize the passing offense was among the worst in the country (108th, 151 YPG).
 :ksu:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2012, 11:45:23 PM »
fellow GoEmawers,

You need to be admitted, seriously.  You're so desperate you are willing to say anything.  And now you're actually using "more bcs offers" as your measuring stick.  So Collin Klein had one BCS offer, Braden Wilson had one BCS offer, BJ Finney had one BCS offer....hell, nearly our entire offense the past few years that scored 59 pts in back to back games against your little girls had one BCS offer.

Is this all you got?  Surely you jest? 

I'm embarrassed for you...not just for your football program but the fact you tout a team that has won two conference games in three years, had roughly four successful seasons in the past 25, and just hired a guy who was FIRED for incompetence going 15-21 in his final three.

Desperation. 

When we're behind and riding, again, this year...I'll be telling myself, "if we only had more BCS offers".
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
Beems, tapout buddy.  You are getting killed.

KSU football is lightyears ahead of ku.  Accept it and wait until your only good sport.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 11, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »
You guys are clinging to the Turner Gill era.  It's all you have.  Welcome to 2012, boys. 

:love:

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 11, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »
You guys are clinging to the Turner Gill era.  It's all you have.  Welcome to 2012, boys. 

lol, yeah guys, quit focusing so much on the absurdly terrible team KU has fielded the last two years and focus solely on the 2012 team that no one really knows anything about yet.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »
Congrats to all involved.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2012, 01:28:55 AM »

Beems has a point.  Gill's recruiting rankings prove that he brought in superior talent, and Charlie Weis has shown he knows what to do with superior talent.  Let us all just enjoy it while we can. 

Welcome to 2012, boi

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 11, 2012, 06:02:32 AM »
Beems is getting spanked in front of all his friends at the birthday party

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 11, 2012, 07:32:20 AM »
Beems is getting spanked in front of all his friends at the birthday party
and not only is he putting no effort to make them stop, he is encouraging it to continue.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 11, 2012, 07:53:10 AM »
Beems logic: KU has a better record all-time when you include seasons played before anyone here was alive and this proves KU is a better program.  Every season that the teams have ever played count and matter equally, except for KU's last 2, those don't count. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 11, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
I'll be shocked if KU doesn't have a winning conference record with their stable of freaks and studs this year.  The calvary is indeed coming beems, don't listen to these idiot crocksucker tech fans.