Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 170840 times)

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #1325 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
The rare KU Football Fan:  It's always 2007 in their world.
I went to K-State those same 5 seasons  :cry:

Were you at K-State when KU rushed the field against Iowa State?

The only two schools I've ever seen rush a playing surface against ISU: Iowa and Kansas.

KSU did one time when they beat ISU in a Thursday night ESPN game.  I believe it was 92 or around that time.   

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1326 on: August 14, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
The rare KU Football Fan:  It's always 2007 in their world.
I went to K-State those same 5 seasons  :cry:

Were you at K-State when KU rushed the field against Iowa State?

The only two schools I've ever seen rush a playing surface against ISU: Iowa and Kansas.

KSU did one time when they beat ISU in a Thursday night ESPN game.  I believe it was 92 or around that time.

Uhhhh..... those teams were awful.

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 14, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »
My gawd, the way we've driven ku to be better over the course of history is absolutely astounding.   Gawd knows where Lil' Brother would be if it weren't for Big Brother K-State to be there to lead the way.

-1951 Ahearn Fieldhouse-Phog Allen has a complete meltdown, demands that the KU contingent over in Topeka find him the money for a new Fieldhouse.    So dogged was the effort they finally found the money by making Allen Fieldhouse a Kansas National Guard Armory.

-1998 Memorial Stadium Renovations.   Getting absolutely steam rolled by K-State on the field finally forces KUAD Bob Fredrick to make a handful of renovations to Memorial Stadium and try to elevate the 2nd worst football program in the Big 12 Conference.   

-2002 Mark Mangino is hired by KU as head football coach.   Things are so bad for KU that they've actually gone out and hired a former K-State assistant.   The first demand that Mangino makes among many when hired is that he wants a dedicated football building "just like K-State has".    Nearly 6 years later Mangino gets his wish, but sadly only occupies the building for a couple of years.

-2013  Angst laden KU football fans seeing their team in the midst of a 22 game conference losing streak and back to being the worst football program in the Big 12 Conference look down the road at nearly $100 million dollars worth of football facility improvements at Big 12 Football Champion K-State and demand action.    Knowing there's even more facilities improvements on the way at K-State, former K-State athletic administrator and current KUAD Cheyenne Zulu hurridly enters into a 50 year lease deal to move significant portions of the KU athletic program to off campus venues in hopes that this well expedite long awaited and much needed improvements to Memorial Stadium.   The drive to match K-State is nearly overwhelming in scope.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 14, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
My gawd, the way we've driven ku to be better over the course of history is absolutely astounding.   Gawd knows where Lil' Brother would be if it weren't for Big Brother K-State to be there to lead the way.

-1951 Ahearn Fieldhouse-Phog Allen has a complete meltdown, demands that the KU contingent over in Topeka find him the money for a new Fieldhouse.    So dogged was the effort they finally found the money by making Allen Fieldhouse a Kansas National Guard Armory.

-1998 Memorial Stadium Renovations.   Getting absolutely steam rolled by K-State on the field finally forces KUAD Bob Fredrick to make a handful of renovations to Memorial Stadium and try to elevate the 2nd worst football program in the Big 12 Conference.   

-2002 Mark Mangino is hired by KU as head football coach.   Things are so bad for KU that they've actually gone out and hired a former K-State assistant.   The first demand that Mangino makes among many when hired is that he wants a dedicated football building "just like K-State has".    Nearly 6 years later Mangino gets his wish, but sadly only occupies the building for a couple of years.

-2013  Angst laden KU football fans seeing their team in the midst of a 22 game conference losing streak and back to being the worst football program in the Big 12 Conference look down the road at nearly $100 million dollars worth of football facility improvements at Big 12 Football Champion K-State and demand action.    Knowing there's even more facilities improvements on the way at K-State, former K-State athletic administrator and current KUAD Cheyenne Zulu hurridly enters into a 50 year lease deal to move significant portions of the KU athletic program to off campus venues in hopes that this well expedite long awaited and much needed improvements to Memorial Stadium.   The drive to match K-State is nearly overwhelming in scope.

lol, so much fun to read that. what exactly is KSU better at to make KU their lil bro?
everyone is jealous

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 14, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
lol, so much fun to read that. what exactly is KSU better at to make KU their lil bro?

we're older, dumbass

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 14, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »

we're older, dumbass

so lil bro is whooping up on big bro!
everyone is jealous

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 14, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
lol, beat us by 4 days.  It looks like efforts were made for 2 years to make Manhattan the site of the state university, but the hobnobbers in Lawrence thwarted the efforts.  And so it was, Manhattan became the state aggies under the Morrill act, and 4 days later the governor signed a bill to create the state University in Lawrence.  That must sting to this very day.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
not sure if serious..

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 14, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
Oh, no... I'm very serious. 

^my serious face.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 14, 2013, 10:18:23 PM »
K-State:   Forcing ku to raise its game for nearly 70 years. 

Hell, if it weren't for K-State, I'd bet some of the KU Basketball Mafia would've moved to just drop football.    Glen Mason got so fed up with the lack of attention paid to his program that he tried to escape to Georgia in the middle of the night.   Had to be pretty frustrating for the man when he walked out into Memorial Stadium on 11-11-1995 with a Big 8 Championship on the line and realized that Corn fans occupied 75% of the seats in KU's Memorial Stadium.   While the score was kind of lopsided, KU choked away opportunity after opportunity, but who can blame the boys for not being able to rally.  There were maybe 20,000 actual KU fans in the stands.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: August 14, 2013, 10:21:50 PM »

Hell, if it weren't for K-State, I'd bet some of the KU Basketball Mafia would've moved to just drop football.    Glen Mason got so fed up with the lack of attention paid to his program that he tried to escape to Georgia in the middle of the night.   Had to be pretty frustrating for the man when he walked out into Memorial Stadium on 11-11-1995 with a Big 8 Championship on the line and realized that Corn fans occupied 75% of the seats in KU's Memorial Stadium.   While the score was kind of lopsided, KU choked away opportunity after opportunity, but who can blame the boys for not being able to rally.  There were maybe 20,000 actual KU fans in the stands.

I didn't know Memorial Stadium used to hold maybe 80,000 people. WOW. Thanks for the history lesson. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 14, 2013, 10:23:27 PM »

I didn't know Memorial Stadium used to hold maybe 80,000 people. WOW. Thanks for the history lesson.

You're being that guy Spracne:  Captain Literal

Take a step back, realize this isn't phog.net or kusports.com or the Slant or K-statefans.com, this is the big leagues.   Regroup for a bit, get some Gatorade and come back when you think you're ready.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 14, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

Take a step back, realize this isn't phog.net or kusports.com or the Slant or K-statefans.com, this is the big leagues.   Regroup for a bit, get some Gatorade and come back when you think you're ready.

oh, okay coach...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 14, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »
Are the fans in the cooling tent helping?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:49 PM »
skipped the tent, decided I needed a total decompression.  Taking a 3 day, 2 night cruise to Port au Prince out of Port Galveston.

TOOT TOOT

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 14, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »
he mad

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 14, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »
Sprac, you need to wrap it up for the night, you're usually a b poster but you're quickly approaching t status.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 14, 2013, 10:45:02 PM »
K, I'm gonna sit this one out

Not cuz I care what you think, just cuz I want to.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 14, 2013, 11:19:08 PM »
Spracne is a much better poster ever since (because?) I shamed him last year.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 14, 2013, 11:20:24 PM »
Spracne is a much better poster ever since (because?) I shamed him last year.

i don't remember that, and i think it speaks to its truthfulness

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 15, 2013, 07:03:56 AM »
I like Spracne.

Also, love when dax gets on these rolls :love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 15, 2013, 07:20:30 AM »
K, I'm gonna sit this one out

Not cuz I care what you think, just cuz I want to.

before this post i was all  :don'tcare:

after i was all  :lol:

silly puppy

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 15, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
Spracne is my favorite KU poster.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 15, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »

:lol:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 15, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
lol, beat us by 4 days.  It looks like efforts were made for 2 years to make Manhattan the site of the state university, but the hobnobbers in Lawrence thwarted the efforts.  And so it was, Manhattan became the state aggies under the Morrill act, and 4 days later the governor signed a bill to create the state University in Lawrence.  That must sting to this very day.

Not so much.  It took years for anything to get done, and when it did, it worked just like it does to this day.  A K-Stater took charge, just like your current AD.  The founder of the school of agriculture stepped up and designed your beloved KU campus, and for good measure, designed Emporia State's campus as well.