Author Topic: Is Lockett the real deal?  (Read 29986 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Lockett the real deal?
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »
Saw him listed as the #24 WR in the 2015 Draft. He could obviously improve his stock, but all of you dorks mentioning him going in the first round are way off base here.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »

Saw him listed as the #24 WR in the 2015 Draft. He could obviously improve his stock, but all of you dorks mentioning him going in the first round are way off base here.

BOOM Y'ALL JUST GOT STEVESIE'd!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:48 AM »
Who said he'd go first round?

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 08:27:18 AM »

There isn't a chance in hell 23 receivers get taken before him. Is KC your draft expert?
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »
He'll get drafted and that's all that matters in my book.  :cyclist:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 10:02:06 AM »

He's a second round talent at worst.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »

No he's not, he's probably somewhere in the 2nd to 5th round range as of now.  Stevesie is right. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »
Whenever I read this title I think to myself "real deal Holyfield, and now your hookers and hoes know how I feel."

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
He is currentlt the 6th best WR prospect according to CBS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/WR

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »

No he's not, he's probably somewhere in the 2nd to 5th round range as of now.  Stevesie is right.

first off, jackstack, great name. second off, the #24 WR does not get drafted in the 2nd to 5th rounds. (stevesie is wrong about where Lockett ranks among WRs;  you are correct about where Lockett will be drafted)

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »

The chiefs drafted mccluster in  the 2nd round, and he wasn't even a good receiver. 

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2014, 11:17:21 AM »

The chiefs drafted mccluster in  the 2nd round, and he wasn't even a good receiver. 

To add to this after I posted. I know he was a scat back in college, but he was drafted to return kicks and catch/ try to run balls in specific plays.  Lockett is actually good at being a receiver, and as good at returning kicks as mccluster was.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »

That mock draft doesn't project juniors so it's hard to take it seriously.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »

first off, jackstack, great name. second off, the #24 WR does not get drafted in the 2nd to 5th rounds. (stevesie is wrong about where Lockett ranks among WRs;  you are correct about where Lockett will be drafted)
Thanks mocat, I was saying Stevesie is right in that he's not a first rounder.  I definitely think he's better than 24.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »

harder then suggesting he would actually be the 24th wr picked? i mean that's a benji photato potatoe if i've ever heard of one.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 11:34:58 AM »

harder then suggesting he would actually be the 23rd wr picked? i mean that's a benji photato potatoe if i've ever heard of one.

I think 24th best WR is extreme, but I'd say he'll be the 15th WR taken in this next draft. I doubt he goes in the first 3 rounds.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2014, 11:36:07 AM »

To add to this after I posted. I know he was a scat back in college, but he was drafted to return kicks and catch/ try to run balls in specific plays.  Lockett is actually good at being a receiver, and as good at returning kicks as mccluster was.

Yes and McCluster was a bad pick.  Lockett has only decent hands, good not great speed, and is like 5'9" or 5'10", he's not a first rounder, great college player, not very physically talented which is a requirement of a first rounder. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2014, 11:40:52 AM »
Ryan Broyles went in the 2nd out of OU coming off an ACL tear and I would imagine Lockett goes in a similar spot.  There is almost no chance of him going in the 1st unless he runs a 4.3 at the combine.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »

Yes and McCluster was a bad pick.  Lockett has only decent hands, good not great speed, and is like 5'9" or 5'10", he's not a first rounder, great college player, not very physically talented which is a requirement of a first rounder.

I'm not saying he'll be a first rounder,  but if he goes in the sixth round,  that's ridiculous.  He burned and embarrassed every highly rated or drafted corner he faced.  Also is one of the best return men available next year. His value is more than at receiver.

What are you basing his not great speed on,  what you think, or his ability to get behind every defense he faced?

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »

I'm not saying he'll be a first rounder,  but if he goes in the sixth round,  that's ridiculous.  He burned and embarrassed every highly rated or drafted corner he faced.  Also is one of the best return men available next year. His value is more than at receiver.

What are you basing his not great speed on,  what you think, or his ability to get behind every defense he faced?
I'm basing it on the fact that NFL corners are going to be 30x tougher than the ones he faces now.  He probably runs a low to mid 4.4 40 which is not great for his size.  He didn't get behind them with speed, he got behind them with excellent route running, if he improves his hands, I think he could be a 2nd rounder.  Great college players aren't always great NFL players. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »
Runs great routes? Quick out of breaks? Fast enough to run away after a quick break, but not fast enough to just run a post route and be open?

Just guessing at poster's intent.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
he's a 2nd rounder. needs to catch it a little more consistently this year. but his route running is elite. keenan allen doesn't have great size or speed either and he just roasted the nfl as a rookie.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »
he's a 2nd rounder. needs to catch it a little more consistently this year. but his route running is elite. keenan allen doesn't have great size or speed either and he just roasted the nfl as a rookie.

Keenan Allen is 6'2".

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »

Keenan Allen is 6'2".
Also has much better hands and is stronger in general. 

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »

Keenan Allen is 6'2".

6'2" with a 4.7 40. but he's fast in his routes and out of his breaks. like lockett. lockett will probably run a high 4.4 or 4.5. but it's his speed in and out of his breaks that makes him a very good prospect. he can get open in the slot all day long in the nfl. odell beckham only measured 5'11" and 198 lb's at the combine and was the 12th pick of the draft..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."