Author Topic: Potential transfers and new guys  (Read 22933 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Potential transfers and new guys
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2021, 11:50:51 PM »
equal or better transfers or recruits. not likely so burn it down. recruiting is ass, we need another 2019 kind of class to keep it going and it's not happening.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2021, 09:30:27 AM »
Need a baseball only hand sign now instead of bball, football and combo

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2021, 09:33:36 AM »
Gene needs to do his job and remove this parasite by the end of the day.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2021, 04:10:59 PM »
Gene needs to do his job and remove this parasite by the end of the day.

Yeah, there really is nothing left to defend at this point.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2021, 05:35:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1374107240722993154

Never should have given him a scholarship, oscar!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2021, 08:39:41 PM »
can’t blame him for wanting to minutes at a lower tier

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2021, 10:40:45 PM »
Jesus, lol.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2021, 10:55:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1374107240722993154

That does it. I am done. Absolutely finished with this motherfucking bullshit. The cupboard is now bare. Time to pick a new team to root for.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2021, 12:02:26 AM »
can walkons really enter the portal? aren't they just free to leave whenever?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2021, 05:38:23 AM »
Baker Mayfield wasn't, which was complete bullshit.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2021, 10:01:13 AM »

The portal didn't exist when Baker Mayfield transferred. Yes, walk-ons which Petrakis isn't anymore, are subjected to the same transfer rules as scholarship athletes because their non-covid eligibility clock, 5 years to complete 4, is the same regardless of scholarship status. Walk-one do go in the portal because they can go from non-scholarshipped at Arizona, to being on scholarship at Bowling Green.

Baker Mayfield wasn't screwed anymore than anyone else who transferred from Big 12 school to Big 12 school when the school he or she is leaving either doesn't grant the release or is slow to. The rile has now been changed. Tech did eventually release him but it was after the semester started and Baker had already red shirted so OU ended up being granted an extra scholarship. Knowing Baker, it's pretty safe to say that transfer wasn't as simple as him not wanting to be there anymore and he just looked at schools completely on the up-and-up. I'm not willing to give Baker, his family, and OU the benefit of the doubt on there being no shenanigans.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2021, 10:03:05 AM »

The portal didn't exist when Baker Mayfield transferred. Yes, walk-ons which Petrakis isn't anymore, are subjected to the same transfer rules as scholarship athletes because their non-covid eligibility clock, 5 years to complete 4, is the same regardless of scholarship status. Walk-one do go in the portal because they can go from non-scholarshipped at Arizona, to being on scholarship at Bowling Green.

Baker Mayfield wasn't screwed anymore than anyone else who transferred from Big 12 school to Big 12 school when the school he or she is leaving either doesn't grant the release or is slow to. The rile has now been changed. Tech did eventually release him but it was after the semester started and Baker had already red shirted so OU ended up being granted an extra scholarship. Knowing Baker, it's pretty safe to say that transfer wasn't as simple as him not wanting to be there anymore and he just looked at schools completely on the up-and-up. I'm not willing to give Baker, his family, and OU the benefit of the doubt on there being no shenanigans.
All this football talk has reminded me of how big of a POS HCBS was when it came to letting people transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2021, 10:30:55 AM »

All this football talk has reminded me of how big of a POS HCBS was when it came to letting people transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember him not granting any waivers, and the only one I can think of right off hand that was contentious was Corey Sutton. I'm sure there are others that I am forgetting tho.

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2021, 02:54:15 PM »
Transfer portal up to 771 now. How many of these kids are going to be left out to dry?
There’s not going to be greener grass for all of them. Some teams losing 7 - 8 players. 
How is this good for college basketball? Looks like a disaster to me.

So far: Texas and TCU 3 apiece. Huggins has 2 leaving with one being a 6-9 soph headed to Kentucky. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2021, 03:01:01 PM »
Gonna be the new norm

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2021, 03:04:35 PM »
Transfer portal up to 771 now.

Can you imagine trying to replace Petrakis without being able to draw from this?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2021, 03:08:14 PM »

Can you imagine trying to replace Petrakis without being able to draw from this?

43% 3pt shooter this season, tops on the team

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »

:ROFL:  sure. Good point.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2021, 04:15:01 PM »
Transfer portal up to 771 now. How many of these kids are going to be left out to dry?
There’s not going to be greener grass for all of them. Some teams losing 7 - 8 players. 

So far: Texas and TCU 3 apiece. Huggins has 2 leaving with one being a 6-9 soph headed to Kentucky.

Way different than football, there will be places for all players who are D1 quality. There are 357 D1 programs and I'm willing to bet that all 357 currently have scholarships available. If anything, in basketball the transfers have more of an adverse effect on late signees.

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2021, 04:51:04 PM »

Way different than football, there will be places for all players who are D1 quality. There are 357 D1 programs and I'm willing to bet that all 357 currently have scholarships available. If anything, in basketball the transfers have more of an adverse effect on late signees.

Sigh of relief.  I wasn’t sure the 8 guys leaving Wisconsin-Green Bay would all find a new home.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2021, 07:20:13 PM »

Sigh of relief.  I wasn’t sure the 8 guys leaving Wisconsin-Green Bay would all find a new home.

Incarnate Word you mean
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Catman2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2021, 10:06:43 PM »

Incarnate Word you mean

word.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
oscar is getting Mark Smith from Mizzou

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire