Author Topic: Tipping  (Read 47664 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Tipping
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2014, 01:47:09 AM »
I still give the expected service to those tables, but I don't waste my time trying to be their buddy or going the extra mile for them to have a great experience. 

all you have to do to get american servants to stop bothering you while you eat is not tip?

:surprised:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »

I get my hair cut by the same person each time, so we moved past small talk a looooong time ago. It's comforting.

Before I settled in on going to her every time I usually tipped based on the quality of conversation I had during the haircut. You don't want to know how my week is going? Fine, but now I give zero shits about you...here's a dollar.

Just found out that today is her last day  :cry:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »
I think it is very appropriate to tip bartenders/wait staff $1 for song requests, especially if the bar doesn't have a jukebox.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2014, 06:49:43 PM »
More like TownieTiredOfDrunkRequestsCat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
More like TownieTiredOfDrunkRequestsCat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

no, i don't think he's too tired of them
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
The Animal's kid doesn't tip  :surprised:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2014, 07:18:51 PM »
The Animal's kid doesn't tip  :surprised:

A lot of young people who grow up privileged don't tip

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »
I think it is very appropriate to tip bartenders/wait staff $1 for song requests, especially if the bar doesn't have a jukebox.
Better idea. Don't bother the bartender with your silly song requests. You can listen to Journey when you go home.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
Better idea. Don't bother the bartender with your silly song requests. You can listen to Journey when you go home.

If Mae's ever played Rap God I'd tip $2.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2014, 04:09:52 AM »

If Mae's ever played Rap God I'd tip $2.

They'll play Hayes Carll and you'll like it!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2014, 09:54:18 AM »
Tipped less than a dollar to round up a bill on takeout. As soon as I did it I regretted it, they're probably all  :confused:. Bill was less than 11, I think my only course of action is to not eat there for over a month.
You need to walk back in there today and say "PSYCH!" and do one of these:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »
Tipped less than a dollar to round up a bill on takeout. As soon as I did it I regretted it, they're probably all  :confused:. Bill was less than 11, I think my only course of action is to not eat there for over a month.
You need to walk back in there today and say "PSYCH!" and do one of these:

It'd be extra hilarious because it'd probably be different employees and they'd be sssooooooo confused.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2014, 07:47:45 AM »
Our bachelor party and some other guy combined for $400 of tips to the band in Tootsies this weekend. Apparently Freebird is a $100 song everywhere in Nashville and these guys so happened to kill it each time. The place was going nuts

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2014, 02:26:19 AM »
Just wanted to say that I told a friend to create an account and make a thread of her choosing. This was her choice.  :peek:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2014, 02:28:24 AM »
Hence the one post and dip. :D

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Am I supposed to tip when I go through the drive thru at Pita Pit? There is a tip line on the receipt - does that mean you are supposed to tip?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »
no

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »
What service would you be tipping for at a drive-through?  You literally were made to drive a several thousand pound deathtrap up to a specially made window so you could awkwardly exchange goods through an open car window with exhaust fumes bellowing about.  No one is going the extra mile for you.  By comparison, at a drive-in, someone went out of their way to come up to your car, ask you what you want, go back inside, have it made, and bring it straight out to you.  How thoughtful and pleasant, tip city!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
What service would you be tipping for at a drive-through?  You literally were made to drive a several thousand pound deathtrap up to a specially made window so you could awkwardly exchange goods through an open car window with exhaust fumes bellowing about.  No one is going the extra mile for you.  By comparison, at a drive-in, someone went out of their way to come up to your car, ask you what you want, go back inside, have it made, and bring it straight out to you.  How thoughtful and pleasant, tip city!

Well it's not that much different from when I go inside at Pita Pit. They are still standing in the same place just making my pita. Yet there is a tip line on the receipt so they must think that tipping is at least warranted if not the norm. Maybe the tip is for making the pita?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »

Well it's not that much different from when I go inside at Pita Pit. They are still standing in the same place just making my pita. Yet there is a tip line on the receipt so they must think that tipping is at least warranted if not the norm. Maybe the tip is for making the pita?

its because you are expected to tip delivery drivers and they arent going to have different receipt papers for carryout and delivery.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »

its because you are expected to tip delivery drivers and they arent going to have different receipt papers for carryout and delivery.

This Pita Pit does not deliver. I didn't even know Pita Pit did deliver until I just went to their website and saw that the Manhattan one does deliver.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »
Am I supposed to tip when I go through the drive thru at Pita Pit? There is a tip line on the receipt - does that mean you are supposed to tip?

you definitely should. pita spelled backwards is 'a tip.'

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2014, 01:32:35 PM »

Now do the same for Pita Pit    :horrorsurprise:

Subliminal messaging at it's most sinister

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

Now do the same for Pita Pit    :horrorsurprise:

Subliminal messaging at it's most sinister

TIP, A TIP!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »