Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 191640 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #1100 on: March 23, 2022, 11:18:22 PM »
What's been the strength and conditioning philosophy at Baylor? Didn't see much out of the last regime in that regard. Not much reason to keep either Bradford or Massoud around if they don't commit to physical changes.

Massoud definitely isn't going anywhere and hopefully Bradford isn't either.
Agreed!

If this staff can't upgrade from Massoud, there's a lot of misplaced optimism around here.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 23, 2022, 11:19:24 PM »
Hey buddy, quit raining on our parade.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 23, 2022, 11:25:03 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever followed assistant coach movements, but nabbing assistants from Chris Beard and that other guy who was in the mix to hire as HC seem like good gets. Especially when both are known as good recruiters!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 23, 2022, 11:39:43 PM »
What's been the strength and conditioning philosophy at Baylor? Didn't see much out of the last regime in that regard. Not much reason to keep either Bradford or Massoud around if they don't commit to physical changes.

Agreed!

If this staff can't upgrade from Massoud, there's a lot of misplaced optimism around here.

Jesus Christ, he's a 6'8" guard who averaged 7 PPG and shot 33% from the three point line, he's clearly a high major player. He's already used his free transfer. If Tang kicks a high major player on the streets without the ability to get a scholarship because he feels like he can't get anything out of a player who has averaged 7 points a game over three years in high major college basketball, then I'll lose my crap.

If Massoud decides to leave on his own, then that's fine, but he won't leave on his own. I promise you that there were players on his roster at Baylor every single year far worse than Massoud. There aren't that many good players.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 24, 2022, 01:20:37 AM »
I'm not sure I've ever followed assistant coach movements, but nabbing assistants from Chris Beard and that other guy who was in the mix to hire as HC seem like good gets. Especially when both are known as good recruiters!

Guard? He was a rough ridin' forward who didn't know WTF a rebund was, couldn't defend and took hundreds of bad shots. He sucks. Move his worthless ass on.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 24, 2022, 01:36:54 AM »

Guard? He was a rough ridin' forward who didn't know WTF a rebund was, couldn't defend and took hundreds of bad shots. He sucks. Move his worthless ass on.

get lost
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 24, 2022, 03:27:43 AM »
 So, can we still keep Shane?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 24, 2022, 04:50:24 AM »

get lost

His dumb ass replied to the wrong post, he meant to reply to my post about Massoud. Shouldn't be surprised that he's still managing to be constantly crying about something.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 24, 2022, 05:47:20 AM »
So, can we still keep Shane?

He will likely not be retained
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 24, 2022, 06:59:02 AM »
I also wonder if when the key Ahearn Fund donors mobilized to make an offer for Brad, Gene was able to convince them to kick a little to Jerome so he can go get some guys dudeswho will get guys dudes.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 24, 2022, 09:53:54 AM »
Time to add steel drums to the band. 

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 24, 2022, 10:03:35 AM »

get lost

His dumb ass replied to the wrong post, he meant to reply to my post about Massoud. Shouldn't be surprised that he's still managing to be constantly crying about something.

Well I was "crying" for years that we rid ourselves of the losery staff while you were an effing ping pong ball on Oscar.  If indeed Shane isn't retained. something I leave to Tang's wisdom, there is less chance the losery Massoud will be around either.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 24, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
Stop

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 24, 2022, 10:22:13 AM »
massoud wasn't a worldbeater and he certainly isn't irreplaceable, imo.  but he's a competent piece.  there are certainly players currently on the roster that are worse than him if we got to pick and choose roster attrition.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 24, 2022, 10:48:02 AM »
Do your guys think tang took less of a salary so he could go out and get a staff like this? If so then thumbs up because 2.1 mil/year vs 3.0/year isn’t a big deal money wise if 2.1 means that you can go hire a staff of friends and people you know that also kick major ass.

I also wonder if when the key Ahearn Fund donors mobilized to make an offer for Brad, Gene was able to convince them to kick a little to Jerome so he can go get some guys who will get guys.

Hopefully. I have heard a few times in various places that big money kstate donors either are or will be shifting from facilities to salaries which would be great. Overall, our crap is really pretty nice now. Time to give basketball and football more money for staff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 24, 2022, 11:46:55 AM »

get lost

Well I was "crying" for years that we rid ourselves of the losery staff while you were an effing ping pong ball on Oscar.  If indeed Shane isn't retained. something I leave to Tang's wisdom, there is less chance the losery Massoud will be around either.

I don't even know what being a ping pong ball on oscar even means. Does that mean I was happy when we were winning and not happy when we were losing? Guilty, lol.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 24, 2022, 11:49:09 AM »
Do your guys think tang took less of a salary so he could go out and get a staff like this? If so then thumbs up because 2.1 mil/year vs 3.0/year isn’t a big deal money wise if 2.1 means that you can go hire a staff of friends and people you know that also kick major ass.

I also wonder if when the key Ahearn Fund donors mobilized to make an offer for Brad, Gene was able to convince them to kick a little to Jerome so he can go get some guys who will get guys.

Hopefully. I have heard a few times in various places that big money kstate donors either are or will be shifting from facilities to salaries which would be great. Overall, our crap is really pretty nice now. Time to give basketball and football more money for staff.

Well if that's the case, unfortunately, that will be at the peril of the basketball program because Bramlage is the last thing on the initial master plan that isn't either done or currently under construction. If we found the money to make Brad an offer, the money should be there to pay the coaches and get Bramlage done.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 24, 2022, 03:10:54 PM »
massoud wasn't a worldbeater and he certainly isn't irreplaceable, imo.  but he's a competent piece.  there are certainly players currently on the roster that are worse than him if we got to pick and choose roster attrition.

Agreed. Massoud would be good in a 6th man role, he can catch fire sometimes.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 24, 2022, 03:26:09 PM »

Agreed. Massoud would be good in a 6th man role, he can catch fire so
metimes.

He is the poster child of a lazy, selfish player. He can't or won't defend or rebound. He racked up, count them, 10 assists this season. 10! I don't think a competent staff would view him as about winning.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 24, 2022, 03:27:10 PM »
 :rolleyes:

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 24, 2022, 03:31:35 PM »
:rolleyes:

You really have to be the most boring, mousy person I've ever ran across.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 24, 2022, 03:36:50 PM »
He’s a shooting guard not a passing guard

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 24, 2022, 03:47:52 PM »
Obviously.

And what is this "guard" crap? He is at most a wing. And his shooting efficiency, which greatly benefitted fro the only think he's good at of FT, was 0.47, with anything less than .5 considered below average.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 24, 2022, 03:48:53 PM »

Agreed!

Jesus Christ, he's a 6'8" guard who averaged 7 PPG and shot 33% from the three point line, he's clearly a high major player. He's already used his free transfer. If Tang kicks a high major player on the streets without the ability to get a scholarship because he feels like he can't get anything out of a player who has averaged 7 points a game over three years in high major college basketball, then I'll lose my crap.

If Massoud decides to leave on his own, then that's fine, but he won't leave on his own. I promise you that there were players on his roster at Baylor every single year far worse than Massoud. There aren't that many good players.

not so sure about the two parts of this sentence going together

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 24, 2022, 03:50:01 PM »

very "went to my hater's funeral to make sure he was dead" vibes