Author Topic: My cell is active - Pete, you on this?  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
My cell is active - Pete, you on this?
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »
In from the field, filing my report.  Made significant progress today.  Obtained solid pledges that will keep the billboard up for a couple of months.  Someone needs to do the groundwork on that so we can start collecting funds.  Also had a member of my cell contact a major corporate donor who is going to be talking to Schultz shortly about ceasing their annual contribution unless a change is made at the AD position.  Other than that just sowed the seeds of discord at every opportunity.  Popular opinion is as I had hoped, the pencilneck must go.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:38:39 PM by Barry McCockner »
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: My cell is active
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
 :emawkid:

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:45:39 PM »
In from the field, filing my report.  Made significant progress today.  Obtained solid pledges that will keep the billboard up for a couple of months.  Someone needs to do the groundwork on that so we can start collecting funds.  Also had a member of my cell contact a major corporate donor who is going to be talking to Schultz shortly about ceasing their annual contribution unless a change is made at the AD position.  Other than that just sowed the seeds of discord at every opportunity.  Popular opinion is as I had hoped, the pencilneck must go.

That is GREAT news.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »
Has the actual design been worked up yet?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
My cell is active
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
Will donate.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »
Also: :emawkid:

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
Just took a call from one of my people in the field...good chance one of the basketball sideline ads will be pulled until Currie is removed.

I'm not sure who is doing the groundwork on this, it sounded like Pete.  I can generate funds, but have no time for the legwork.

I was thinking of something real simple on the billboard, like "Care about K-State?" on one line, then 2x bigger on the next line, "firejohncurrie.com"

Someone should probably work on that website, meanwhile.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
I'm guessing we'd get our asses sued off by using my Enemy of the State design (which bastardizes Old School Willie), wouldn't we? If that would even be of interest.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »
we probably cant get them sold officially, but if you publish the design, THREAD will print them just like everything else they steal off the internet

Offline Three Fingers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
I'm guessing we'd get our asses sued off by using my Enemy of the State design (which bastardizes Old School Willie), wouldn't we? If that would even be of interest.

Yes. I doubt you could even get anything printed with that design on it.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »

What if I took out Willie completely and just made a "generic" pennant tilted at a very similar angle and with a certain contour that had "STATE" printed on it?

:gocho:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 04:35:26 PM »

Kougar24, can I use your design in a video I might make?

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »

What if I took out Willie completely and just made a "generic" pennant tilted at a very similar angle and with a certain contour that had "STATE" printed on it?

There you go...and this way you can put it online and sell a shitload of them.  I had lots of people asking about those when making my rounds today.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »

Certainly. Do you need me to make my planned addition that makes it clear that John Currie is the EotS? Also, if you want to give a shout-out in the description, I wouldn't say no. :gocho:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »

There you go...and this way you can put it online and sell a shitload of them.  I had lots of people asking about those when making my rounds today.

You had people asking about my shirt design? :blush:

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »

Not exactly, it was more like:

Them: "We should get some shirts made"
Me: "Let me save you some time, this dude on goEMAW designed one that looks like this *insert my half ass description here*"
Them: "Sign me the eff up"

Get them up fast and I can move some product for you.  I basically spent my day talking with clients about getting the fuckstick fired.  It didn't take much of a sales job to get them on my side.  I also recruited some additional agents...goal is to make it impossible for him to go out in public in Manhattan without being spat upon by old women within the week.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:53:32 PM by Barry McCockner »

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »

Me: "Let me save you some time, this dude on goEMAW designed one that looks like this *insert my half ass description here*"

Get them up fast and I can move some product for you.  I basically spent my day talking with clients about getting the fuckstick fired.  It didn't take much of a sales job to get them on my side.  I also recruited some additional agents...goal is to make it impossible for him to go out in public in Manhattan without being spat upon by old women within the week.

Still awesome. But to be clear, I would have no interest in a profit; only for the good of EMAW.

Also, someone needs to get a real firejohncurrie.com site going that doesn't just redirect here.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »

Still awesome. But to be clear, I would have no interest in a profit; only for the good of EMAW.

Also, someone needs to get a real firejohncurrie.com site going that doesn't just redirect here.

Proceeds go to billboard fund?  One transaction, twice the impact!

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

Proceeds go to billboard fund?  One transaction, twice the impact!

That's an idea, as long as the shirts are still cheap enough that people will buy them in the first place. Maybe _FAN should handle shirt production with his experience?

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »
I don't usually donate to uprisings, but get your donation hat out and I will give to this for the good of all

Save KState :ksu:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »

Certainly. Do you need me to make my planned addition that makes it clear that John Currie is the EotS? Also, if you want to give a shout-out in the description, I wouldn't say no. :gocho:

Thanks. Yeah, I'll wait for the new one. I might even put you in the credits!! Probably not going to make it til this summer though.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: My cell is active - Pete, you on this?
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »
Cel member has a contact with a luxury box that is pissed off.  Don't know his level of support, but he owns his own jet, so there's that.  Trying to get him in front of Shultz to make the case.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
Barry, don't really know your posts much, but damnit, you come to play.  I appreciate that

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »

That is GREAT news.

lol if you think Currie is going to be fired before Weber even coaches a game.  you're wasting your time.

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
I'm just an old bastard that's been hanging around since the "gobig12.com" days...seething rage has caused me to double my post count in the last 48 hours and basically spend today getting a network going, though.  I'm not doing this alone, I've got my minions, and they want this bad person fired as well.  We need to strike while the iron is hot though.