Author Topic: The Official War Against John Currie Thread  (Read 51779 times)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »
if you really want to burn it down you can sabotage it.

take all the money you are getting and start wiring it to players.  or buy dillards gift cards and pass them out to players.  smoke weed with them and get it on camera. 

project a player friendly environment while burning the facade of integrity that is Currie and Weber.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
Guys, it needs to not mention goEMAW.  Hear me out....there are many who may listen to the message that will fully or at least partially discount it because of their tuck-feelings about us.

We have to take the us vs them out of this.

If we can do this and use the billboard to make solid, clear, logical points to fire currie, so that most fans reading it would listen to the points, I am in.  I am not getting tix and would gladly put down some $ for the billboard.

We need to take all personality out of this.  It can't be about style.  It has to be about action.

Yes, so many people see goEMAW as nothing but a bunch of trolls who are focused on the "look at me" aspect of things.  That couldn't be further from the truth, at least in this case.  We care about K-State and want what is best, Currie doesn't give a sit about any of us.

Absolutely agree. We need to make this about ALL K-State fans rising against a common evil, not about glory for goEMAW.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
Guys, it needs to not mention goEMAW.  Hear me out....there are many who may listen to the message that will fully or at least partially discount it because of their tuck-feelings about us.

If we can do this and use the billboard to make solid, clear, logical points to fire currie, so that most fans reading it would listen to the points, I am in.  I am not getting tix and would gladly put down some $ for the billboard.

We need to take all personality out of this.  It can't be about style.  It has to be about action.

Yes, so many people see goEMAW as nothing but a bunch of trolls who are focused on the "look at me" aspect of things.  That couldn't be further from the truth, at least in this case.  We care about K-State and want what is best, Currie doesn't give a sit about any of us.

Absolutely agree. We need to make this about ALL K-State fans rising against a common evil, not about glory for goEMAW.

Concur.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »

so many people here characterize gpc.com as full of idiot tucks who are bending over and taking this silently. 

gpc, ksf and goEMAW need to be uniting at this point instead of displaying tribalism.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Does ksf still exist?

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »

so many people here characterize gpc.com as full of idiot tucks who are bending over and taking this silently. 

gpc, ksf and goEMAW need to be uniting at this point instead of displaying tribalism.

I agree with this.  Honestly, I think that gpc.com is about half and half at this point.  It helps that a lot of their beloved ITK people are painting a pretty bad picture of Currie.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
Not going to go back through 9 pages and check, but has anyone suggested that the MHK billboard location be on Ft. Riley Blvd between town and the airport? That'll guarantee that Currie and Schulz see it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
Not going to go back through 9 pages and check, but has anyone suggested that the MHK billboard location be on Ft. Riley Blvd between town and the airport? That'll guarantee that Currie and Schulz see it.

They aren't the intended audience.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »

They aren't the intended audience.

Schulz damn well should be. And we'd get the army tucks in on it as well. If we can get the billboard on a more prominent part of Fort Riley (down by seth child) that'd be great too.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »
My first overture has not gone over well.  Maybe I'm not eloquent enough.  Perhaps the Prince reference wasn't the best way to go about making that point.  Who knows?

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=154365252&mid=154365252&sid=889&style=2
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »

Absolutely. We should get those boards (and BOTC too) to co-sponsor this campaign, or at least get as many of their members on board as possible.

Offline Stellarcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »
My first overture has not gone over well.  Maybe I'm not eloquent enough.  Perhaps the Prince reference wasn't the best way to go about making that point.  Who knows?

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=154365252&mid=154365252&sid=889&style=2

So, um....perhaps I overestimated the number in the firecurrie camp on gpc. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2012, 04:21:43 PM »
You guys have to take into consideration their mindset, which is always, ALWAYS defer to the wisdom of authority figures, even if you don't personally agree with their decisions. Shut up and handle everything in-house, etc.

The focus needs to be first on convincing them that their voices don't matter to Currie, then we have to go about convincing them that if you really love this university, this issue is too important to keep quiet about.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »

So, um....perhaps I overestimated the number in the firecurrie camp on gpc. 

You did. It took them all of 24 hours to rally around "their guy."

It's amazing how many "You know, the more I look at Weber, the more I like..." posts there are over there.

Meanwhile, we have the Highest BBIQ in the Land (_F) saying he dug through 6 Excel sheets of data to try to find something positive about this, and it kept getting worse the more he dug.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »
You guys have to take into consideration their mindset, which is always, ALWAYS defer to the wisdom of authority figures, even if you don't personally agree with their decisions. Shut up and handle everything in-house, etc.

The focus needs to be first on convincing them that their voices don't matter to Currie, then we have to go about convincing them that if you really love this university, this issue is too important to keep quiet about.

The way to get their support is to play up the rift between OB and Currie.  Scare the crap out of them with possible OB replacements. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »

Quote from: some dumbass on GPC

catgotu

Post #336
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Do you care about Kansas State?   Reply
i go to K-state and umm ya currie has got us back on track in finance and for a guy who has the guts to fire Frank Martin (not a good coach in my opinion) he has to care for the university i am just utterly speechless how someone can say that he does not care for the university of K-state

:dubious:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
The best way to get to them is a consistent message marketed to them over and over.  Gold is a terrible investment.  Terrible, yet 95% of the population thinks it's a good one.  Why?  Because it's been marketed to you over and over and over, just like the idea that some espn guy couldn't be our coach because he hasn't "gone through the ranks."  Or that we have "values" and need to "do things the right way."

All of that is garbage, but it's consistent garbage and is consistently marketed to you.  We need to market Currie's failures.  and unfortunately, no matter how angry we are, we need to tone it down to move it beyond the circle of 50 people who actually know what the eff they are talking about. 

Consistent message:
A)We had a relevant basketball program and John ran Frank off B) and hired someone who just got paid 3.5 mil to leave a better program where it is easier to be successful. 

Consistent counter to Frank was unbearable argument:
Why did the entire staff follow him then?

Consistent counter to Doug arguments: He would have sold tickets, and brought a name and face tou our program and recruited well. He's also never ran a program into the ground.

Consistent counter to "Support the team if you support ksu:"  I support and player wearing purple, but I cannot support and AD that: SEE CONSISTENT MESSAGE

Consistent counter to "need to give the man a chance:"  Not if you want the same thing to happen to Bill and our football program.

Keep that on tap, never stray or get creative, don't sound all butthurt when you say it, and eventually you'll have enough hearts and minds real estate for a banner or billboard to be more than the ramblings of internet fans. 

“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »

I agree.  For better or worse, goEMAW has a stigma behind it, and the more we can help the tucks think that this is "their" idea and not "goEMAW's" the better.

I am always in for some light-hearted black flag ops. In that scenario, though, we really need to start by non-confrontationally spreading the key ideas off the boards. Get them to out to the people who post there regularly and let them introduce them to their own crowd. Never argue. We're on their side.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »
Consistent counter to Frank was unbearable argument:
Why did the entire staff follow him then?

Entire staff followed, to a basketball coaching hospice, when many had the option to stay (or go elsewhere if Frank had really gotten that bad).  I've already gotten responses to the effect of: "Well of course they followed Frank.  Who knows if they would have had a job here or anywhere else?"  Add in that Brad wanted to stay and our AD f'd that up too. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2012, 05:27:35 PM »
This is way down the road, but we need to be as excited about good hires as we are pissed at bad ones. We demonstrated that with Huggie's hiring, but we need to do it again. There's no way a good coach will want to come here if all he sees is how pissed we get when things "don't go our way". They need to know that we will be just as exuberant with a good hire. The motivation to keep us happy will be beaten into their head.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »
Should do a Kony2012 parody. Currie2012. Make him famous.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »
Should do a Kony2012 parody. Currie2012. Make him famous.

Absolutely. 

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2012, 06:01:12 PM »
This is way down the road, but we need to be as excited about good hires as we are pissed at bad ones. We demonstrated that with Huggie's hiring, but we need to do it again. There's no way a good coach will want to come here if all he sees is how pissed we get when things "don't go our way". They need to know that we will be just as exuberant with a good hire. The motivation to keep us happy will be beaten into their head.

We were with Huggs, I was at every game Frank's first year too. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
Calling BSAC: would this be free from legal action?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
Calling BSAC: would this be free from legal action?

Currie might have an issue. He could peruse it personally
RIP Fatty