Author Topic: The Official War Against John Currie Thread  (Read 51717 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« on: April 01, 2012, 02:04:46 AM »
"The tree of liberty must must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

My fellow citizens, our beloved EMAW has been taken hostage by the very SLTH forces that plunged it into a 20-year period of basketball despair. While numerous elements are responsible for perpetuating the travesty that has befallen our beloved program, the buck stops at none other than one Johnathan "Rocky Top" Currie. As athletic director he has presided over the successful coup against our most successful basketball coach in the past 25 years. He has also been responsible for a tidal wave of rules, regulations, and overpolicing that has disenfranchised players and has had almost every athletic coach grumbling that they can't do their jobs properly.

While these crimes are grave and sickening, there is one transgression that stands above them all. A heinous act so grave that even some of the more enlightened shirt tucks are rebelling against this travesty. This act is, of course, the hiring of the SLTH to end all SLTHs, a coach whose other suitors were the College of Charleston and Southern Illinois, and who was fired by Illinois and rejected by SMU after being interviewed. In the process of hiring oscar Weber, John Currie has despotically cast aside any pretenses about caring about fan sentiment, and has acted unilaterally in his own interests to bring in an extremely conservative candidate to bolster his own resume. This has been done so that he can jump to a better job within the next 5 years.

Even if Weber pulls a rabbit out of a hat and wins big, the damage to KSU Athletics is already done. Currie is impossible to work with, stealthily throws coaches and student athletes under the bus, and is obsessed with projecting an image where compliance is no longer about creating a responsible culture, but is instead about excessive enforcement of the byzantine NCAA rulebook and persecution of any athletic figures who do not follow this archaic, confounding system of rules to the exact letter of the law. An athletic director is hired to sell a program to donors and upgrade facilities, be a responsible steward of the programs he or she presides over, and maintain healthy working relationships with the most important figures and coaches in the athletic department. Currie has only done the first of the three, and that requirement should be the most basic qualification of any athletic director hired at a Big 12 school. His neglect of the last two elements will inevitably lead to poorer results in the first. This is why he must go before any more damage is done.

As a small but passionate group of independently-minded K-State fans, we can either sit back helplessly and watch Currie slide us further back into irrelevance, or we can act. I choose to act.

This thread is your one-stop shop for posting and executing ideas that will get Currie run out of Manhattan, Kansas on a rail.

Ground rules:

1. Don't do anything that would get the FBI sniffing around goEMAW. BSAC is too busy winning cases and slaying EMAWgeddons to defend you if some suits show up at your door.

2. If you want to defend Currie, go start a "Official Don't Go To War Against John Currie" thread and post in it. Don't clutter this thread up trying to defend him. We know the positives of what he's done here and yet they pale in comparison to firebombing our basketball program.

3. This thread also is not about debating/ranting about the merits of the Weber hire. We already have approximately 90,000 threads for that.

TO ARMS, EMAWTRIOTS!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:20:37 AM by 42 »

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 02:08:04 AM »
The first aim of our campaign should be to reach out to other dedicated EMAW fans of various sympathies for and against our community and unite with them. One of the first ways to do this is to make them aware of the callous, condescending treatment of all K-State fans by John Currie. This would be a good place to start:

John Currie Thinks You're Stupid is going to look great on a t-shirt.  (All proceeds going to Fatty's Fund, of course.)

If these shirts were bought and worn en masse to football and basketball games, awareness could be raised towards our cause.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:09:39 AM by 42 »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13:23 AM »
How can we get Currie fired?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:18:01 AM »
How can we get Currie fired?

By causing a widespread groundswell of protests from K-State fans of all walks of life. We must also reach out to President Kirk Schulz and make him aware of the negative impacts of Currie continuing to remain in his position.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 02:39:32 AM »
Can we frame him by putting a dead hooker in his trunk?

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »
Let us not underestimate the power of flying airplane banners at football games. Last time we tried this, the admin panicked and Ron the Terrible was ousted within a week. We should set up a paypall account and get this going, just like that bitter fall of 2008. We will easily raise enough money to do this before the family reunion; the day our banner shall fly.

This alone may not do the trick, but Shulz wont listen to us any other way. If he still acts a coward, we should fly a banner for his stupid ass too.

Alas, we have to do something. I too chose to act. Currie WILL NOT get away with his crimes towards my Alma Mater.

Give me EMAW, or give me death
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:49:47 AM by p1k3 »

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »
I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

I think making John's life as miserable as possible is a must even though I know that has nothing to do with him getting fired.  The only reason I'm not going to give up my b-ball seats is that I sit front row and I keep having these daydreams of him walking by and me verbally demolishing him.

If you see him out in public, embarrass and harass him.  If you're in your car, swerve at him just a little bit and throw your drink at him.

Pull your phone out, hit the camcorder, and shove that crap in his stupid face TMZ style while you grill him with questions.

Students should be covering campus in anti-Currie propaganda. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:58:27 AM by j-von »

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 02:57:01 AM »
Kind of glad im not in MHK anymore. I'd probably get smashed and go breaking things. But hey, if that's what it takes  :shakesfist:

Offline h8ku

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 06:46:48 AM »
Every time you hear a tuck give the cliché response that we need to support our coach and administration, physically or emotionally harm them (there are many ways to do this, be creative). In time it will help purge us from this loser culture that has infected much of our fan base for years, and brought us to a situation where A.D.s like Currie think they can get away with this.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »
chalk his sidewalk!!!!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
Organize a walkout at the miami football game.  Student section.  Can come back in but the message is sent

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 08:08:47 AM »
chalk his sidewalk!!!!

5000 Heartland Ct...there you go.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
get Malone to Western Union $200 to Currie via Dillons
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline h8ku

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »
chalk his sidewalk!!!!

Are those lots available next to his house?

I seldom get up this early on a Sunday. I woke up in the middle of the night so angry I couldn't get back to sleep. Bad things are happening to our basketball program, I want bad things to happen to Currie. Nothing fatal, mind you. Just things that would make him want to leave our fair alma mater sooner rather than later so we can try and rebuild the image of our program.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »
Can we frame him by putting a dead hooker in his trunk?

I think that may violate rule #1. 

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »
In all seriousness, the absolute best thing you can do, within these overly restrictive rules that is, is tell every rough ridin' person who brings up K-State in conversation what a fuckstick John Currie is and how he is going to be the ruin of Kansas State.  And it's rough ridin' easy to do now that he's shoved oscar up our ass sideways.  Think about it - how many times a day do you have this opportunity?  Hell, I have complete rough ridin' strangers try to talk to me about K-State athletics all the time.  Make them understand, because apparently they really are that rough ridin' dense.  It's not going to happen fast, and as much as we like it, we're not going to be able to hold a protest and change Schultz's mind - yet.  Don't get me wrong, things like that draw attention to the cause (see yesterday) in small ways and make incremental progress, but at the end of the day it's about numbers and getting a groundswell movement going that forces Schultz's hand.  If you frequent this board, you are exponentially more educated about the subject than most K-Staters, save a few tucks that are just that rough ridin' stupid...but WE DONT NEED THEM.  They represent a minority, just as we do.  The key lies in the 90% that are just townies and alumni in other cities.  Get them behind us, and we will triumph.

HEARTS AND MINDS BITCHES, HEARTS AND MINDS.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
get Malone to Western Union $200 to Currie via Dillons

:lol:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 09:29:16 AM »
Mail shultz a kstate shirt.  Organize a drive and have a shitload of kstate gear to his office

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »
Somebody put a bullet in the heads of Currie, Schultz, Weber, Frank and Bill Self.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
I actually like the video idea.  Don't say crap just follow and video him.  If he engages you just reply "EMAW" to everything he says.   Eventually that little spazz will lose it.

Offline PikNik17

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »
I like the banner idea.  I think we can raise enough money.  However, I think we need to set targets.  I don't know if we could pull this together fast enough but a banner over Kauffman stadium on openning day would send the message and get news coverage.  Graduation in May would also be a good target for attention.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 10:00:26 AM »
fire john currie written with weed killer on every plush green patch of grass on campus would be kind of Awesome

Offline econocat

• Fan
  • The father of Economics
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
Face it you are way outnumbered by "fan" like this
 :facepalm:
Anybody even remotely thinking about getting rid of Currie has a serious problem. K-State athletics has NEVER been in such good shape, not even close. The mess with Prince was solved, we have a fantastic new BB facility about ready to open and an Icon-type West Side addition to BSFS breaking ground. All toll about $100 million in new construction. This all happened in 3 years under John Currie. The previous 100 years combined didn't amount to that and some jerks on here are ready to trade it all in for a coach that left by choice. My God, coaches leave every job, that's how the game goes. But finding someone who was able to turn a joke of an AD into a prime example of how an athletic dept. should be run is inded a rare find. John Currie is on the verge of being the 2nd Miracle in Manhattan. We'll find out when the new HCBB is announced and how the new guy produces.

How soon some people forget or is it a case of not knowing the history of K-State's Athletic Dept. Either way you never had it so good. Take time to stop and smell the roses before taking such radical reaction and suffering the consequences. EMAW!!!.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." — John Maynard Keynes

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
The Official War Against John Currie Thread
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
Fire John Currie tshirts with curries crazed evil eyes a above the text like the stare shirt

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 10:07:48 AM »
Face it you are way outnumbered by "fan" like this
 :facepalm:
Anybody even remotely thinking about getting rid of Currie has a serious problem. K-State athletics has NEVER been in such good shape, not even close. The mess with Prince was solved, we have a fantastic new BB facility about ready to open and an Icon-type West Side addition to BSFS breaking ground. All toll about $100 million in new construction. This all happened in 3 years under John Currie. The previous 100 years combined didn't amount to that and some jerks on here are ready to trade it all in for a coach that left by choice. My God, coaches leave every job, that's how the game goes. But finding someone who was able to turn a joke of an AD into a prime example of how an athletic dept. should be run is inded a rare find. John Currie is on the verge of being the 2nd Miracle in Manhattan. We'll find out when the new HCBB is announced and how the new guy produces.

How soon some people forget or is it a case of not knowing the history of K-State's Athletic Dept. Either way you never had it so good. Take time to stop and smell the roses before taking such radical reaction and suffering the consequences. EMAW!!!.
eff you.....