Author Topic: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD  (Read 115125 times)

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Guys,

Weber promised to run a more up-tempo style with a deeper bench in 2008.  And in 2009.  And in 2010.  And yet again, in 2011.  Him promising to go up-tempo with a deep bench has pretty much been elevated to a yearly tradition.  Of course, Weber can't actually trust his players, so his rotation shrinks to 7  and his tempo to plodding every year by the time the we hit the conference portion of the schedule. He will constantly blame departing seniors.  He will never take the blame for anything. Or rather he will, but only in such a way that passively-aggressively blames others.  This year he said in a press conference that it's his fault that his bad person players can't do anything right on the court and keep rough ridin' up all his instructions.  I'm paraphrasing here.  But only slightly.

Welp, that will make the anti-Frankite's happy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
But he'll run a motion offense that dax and belvis can beat off to.  The Phog won't be mean about our offense and THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Where the eff do you this crap?  You think I am happy about this hire?  Just because an offense needs more movement doesn't mean I think K-State should run a motion offense.

You're one angry drunk [redacted] Chin, go kick the dog and beat your wife.

Dax, I've been waiting for you. Give me your thoughts.

Got a chance to talk to 2 guys who were assistant coaches in college ball for a long time, and they both like Weber, and had you been in thes same conversation you would have been terrified of the SLTH nature of their comments.

Thus, this sucks until further notice. 

Offline IlliniTillIDie

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
I was partial to Coach Markerface and Coach Clownshoes, which made the clown photoshop all the funnier. 

There will be games when this child will have marker smudged all over his face.  It is hysterical if you aren't a fan of the team he's coaching.

I will be rooting like hell for your football team next year.  You guys don't deserve what will happen to your basketball program.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There will be games when this child will have marker smudged all over his face.

:frown:

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
Forget recruiting, Xs and Os, and coaching staff. My biggest fear is this... Basketball teams take on the personality of the coach... oscar weber is a nice guy, and super soft.

"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I was partial to Coach Markerface and Coach Clownshoes, which made the clown photoshop all the funnier. 

There will be games when this child will have marker smudged all over his face. It is hysterical if you aren't a fan of the team he's coaching.

I will be rooting like hell for your football team next year.  You guys don't deserve what will happen to your basketball program.

Enough to get him fired for blackface??

:pray:

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
"I told the players we were going to run and shoot 3s....HUR HUR HUR HUR....naw, we're gonna play defense and walk the ball up the court"
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Holy crap, could we have made a more SLTH-y hire? This is the worst. His press conference was unbearable. What the the eff have you done Currie?

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Holy crap, could we have made a more SLTH-y hire? This is the worst. His press conference was unbearable. What the the eff have you done Currie?

In short, we are mumped.  And I guarantee you the next time we hire a new coach, our job opening won't be nearly as attractive as it is right now.  Way to go, Currie.   :facepalm:

Offline USCbballIsBack

• USC 1 KSU 0
  • Racist Piece of Shit
  • Fan
    • View Profile
KSU lolololol

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I give you Hitler finds out K-State hired oscar Weber

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Forget recruiting, Xs and Os, and coaching staff. My biggest fear is this... Basketball teams take on the personality of the coach... oscar weber is a nice guy, and super soft.

Seems like kind of a badass...

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
i watched roughly 20 illinois games this year, and i can tell you for certain that no coach coached harder than weber did during the illini's 80-57 loss at nebraska. the dude might as well have been a 6th defender on some possessions.

if anyone can dig up the tape, i'd love to watch it again. so funny.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

:thumbs:

Offline imgoing2vomit

• Fan
    • View Profile

Thanks Bucket - first real laugh I've had all day....
:barf: :barf: :barf:

Offline IlliniQuant

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
This is true.  He looked like he was about to physically yank DJamer Richardson to where he wanted him to be on roughly 50% of opponent possessions this year. I will never understand how he managed to avoid getting t-ed up this whole season.  He legitimately looks to be inside the 3 point line sometimes.

i watched roughly 20 illinois games this year, and i can tell you for certain that no coach coached harder than weber did during the illini's 80-57 loss at nebraska. the dude might as well have been a 6th defender on some possessions.

Offline Illinismitty

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:13:19 AM by Illinismitty »

Offline Illinismitty

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Yeah, we know what you mean.

Quote from: j  the dude might as well have been a 6th defender on some possessions.

[/quote

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:01:14 AM by rob mccolley »

Offline IlliniTillIDie

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
What is SLTH? 

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
What is SLTH?

Solid Long-Term Hire

In other words, a loser that can't recruit good players.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
What is SLTH?

Solid Long-Term Hire

In other words, a loser that can't recruit good players.

Also, does things "the right way", his kids "play hard" and he doesn't take "the easy way"

Lots of close losses, will discuss the avg. margin of losing (i.e. "we lost 4 games by a total of 9 points this year").

Always plays the first day of the conference tournament, wins half the time but then loses by 25 the second game.

Mows his own grass, talks about how long he has been married.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake

i'll never get over this quote.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can someone add some grey hair to this guy -> :D would look just like weber 90% of the time.  I mean, the guy just looks Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

i'll never get over this quote.

It's sad to be honest- LHCBW