Author Topic: oscar WEBER IS A rough ridin' LOSER WHO CAN'T RECRUIT AND IS SOCIALLY AWKWARD  (Read 115270 times)

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask me wife. She wants me to be happy."

:lol:

:surprised:
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
We have no identity now, no brand. That sucks.

Oh, we have an identity alright.

Yep

Offline Benchwarmer

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
My god that Press conference was so symbolic and brought up some bad memories...

Instant classics after watching the whole thing...

He blamed the 6 "Freshmen" for losing all those close games...LMAO,hard for them to lose the games while they rot on the bench...

He constantly repeats himself...Typical BAM

He constantly talks about his wife and Gene Keady...Dear Lord

He wants to keep a K-Stater on the staff...Trust me when I tell you that Wayne Mcclain was a "figurehead" at Illinois for the simple fact that he was the pipeline that brought in his son Sergio Mcclain,Marcus Griffin,Frank Williams from Manual HS who won 4 straight HS titles from 94-97 and these players helped start the resurgence of Illinois under Kruger in the late 90's...Mcclain outstayed his welcome...

He wants a K-stater on the staff so that guy can do the job that Weber should be doing...Getting to know things and the lay of the land...What a sick joke...

This was mentioned already,but the whole "Sweet Sixteen" thing...My god

He always talks about what could have been...Well we beat Ohio St,Michigan St,Gonzaga and we beat 8 Top 100 opponents...For Weber it's always,"Well we almost made it"...LMAO

The whole APR thing and the "Nice Guy" gig...It's apparent he's already weaseled his way into a nice cozy relationship with the Prez and AD...You K-State fans are effing screwed...

Weber got raises at Illinois after posting bad years...This AD will probably do the same and Weber will continue on with doing all these fundraisers and eating ice cream at your local ice cream parlor LMAO...

The ambassador at K-State...?

I've heard this song and dance before...Welcome to Illinois 2.0

:ohno:

Offline Benchwarmer

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
One last thing...The scheduling business...If the core of the team stays he'll schedule tough and you'll probably win a few...Once the team gets younger he'll schedule weak and then you'll lose to directional mid-major schools at home no less...I believe Illinois after it lost the shady Eric Gordon-Indiana debacle we ended up losing to Tennessee State and some Ohio Mid-Major at home in the same season...

:flush:

Offline Benchwarmer

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
I must be deaf,but I swore he said he was a Top 5 or Top 10 recruiter?

Dear lord...

The mothership from outer space has landed...

:drink:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I must be deaf,but I swore he said he was a Top 5 or Top 10 recruiter?

Dear lord...

The mothership from outer space has landed...

:drink:

I appreciated you at first, now it is grating.

WE KNOW Bench, WE rough ridin' KNOW.

Offline GodBamNightmare

• Fan
    • View Profile

My condolences.

Offline Benchwarmer

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
I get it Limestone...

It was just good to get it all off my chest one last time...

I'm out of here,but I'll watch some of the K-State games just to see how it turns out...

Maybe for some sick reason he'll work out better there then he did at U of I...

Peace K-State fans...

:ksu:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

My condolences.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How about one the local computer gurus hack this pic onto the ksu official site?  SBG???

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Benchwarmer: I disagree about Wayne McClain. I agree with everything else.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
But he'll run a motion offense that dax and belvis can beat off to.  The Phog won't be mean about our offense and THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I get it Limestone...

It was just good to get it all off my chest one last time...

I'm out of here,but I'll watch some of the K-State games just to see how it turns out...

Maybe for some sick reason he'll work out better there then he did at U of I...

Peace K-State fans...

:ksu:

Don't leave bro.  I may be picking IL as my new team so I need your input. 

Just don't string together 3-4 consecutive posts mocking the hire with no reply.  Those suck and make my desire to burn something rise.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
We are as Busch League as they come. MY GOD - did we REALLY just trade a proven winner for oscar MF Weber? I thought Currie was better than this, I thought he liked it here at KSU. Is this the best Currie can do? GOOD LORD!!!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
Fitz posted that Rodney and JO will probably leave since not Underwood.

Fitz and gpc info, huh?   You know how well connected Fitz is with this administration...or even the players for that matter?  LOL

Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
God I still can't believe we just hired this douchenozzle.  I mean I literally can't rough ridin' believe it.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
To be fair, if we hired oscar Weber, those have to be some amazing rough ridin' charts

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
To be fair, if we hired oscar Weber, those have to be some amazing rough ridin' charts

Found a copy of one of the charts:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

We will find out when the charts are gotten.

Offline IlliniQuant

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Guys,

As one of the most virulent haters of oscar Weber on one of Illinois' message boards, I wish to offer you my full and sincere sympathy.

Here's the thing.  oscar Weber is extremely difficult to cheer for even under the best circumstances.  This is because he is so insecure that even when he does well, rather than simply act gregarious in victory, he uses it as an opportunity to take a shot at his doubters.  Even if he wins big at KSU, which unfortunately I think is only slightly more likely than me winning big at lottery, you'll just be forced to listen to him taking passive aggressive shots at Illinois at every opportunity.  He is like Michael Jordan in the sense that he stores every slight, real or imagined, except that MJ used these to drive his ultra-competitive persona, while Weber uses them to drive ultra-whiny press conferences.

I don't think oscar Weber is stupid or basketball Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  I think it's pretty clear that he has a pretty solid basketball mind in there somewhere.  Unfortunately, it's hidden in an extremely thick core of insecurity which is then wrapped in an extremely thin layer of skin.  Because of these qualities, he simply can't help but get in the way of his team winning.  He will make absolutely inexplicable tactical decisions just to show up his doubters.  Two years ago we had highly-ranked freshman called Crandall Head whom he barely played.  The fans saw something in him and kept asking to see him getting bigger minutes on the message boards. After taking a passive aggressive shot at the internet fans who keep making his job hard, Weber started Head, on the road, against #3 ranked Ohio State, after barely playing him all year.  You guys are not going to believe this, but it ended poorly (Poor Crandall finally had enough of this crap and transferred this year).

Weber promised to run a more up-tempo style with a deeper bench in 2008.  And in 2009.  And in 2010.  And yet again, in 2011.  Him promising to go up-tempo with a deep bench has pretty much been elevated to a yearly tradition.  Of course, Weber can't actually trust his players, so his rotation shrinks to 7 and his tempo to plodding every year by the time the we hit the conference portion of the schedule.  He will constantly blame departing seniors.  He will never take the blame for anything. Or rather he will, but only in such a way that passively-aggressively blames others.  This year he said in a press conference that it's his fault that his bad person players can't do anything right on the court and keep rough ridin' up all his instructions.  I'm paraphrasing here.  But only slightly.

After reading this board, I like you guys.  It seems like you're at least trying to keep a good sense of humor about this.  I wish I could say that I will root for you to be successful, but I can't bring myself to root for Weber.  The best I can wish is that it will take you less time to get rid of this clown than it took us.

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
Appreciated, but you Illini are burning the wrong end of this fuse right now.  We might need posts like above in Dec if we've by some miracle scrapped together a few wins and the hate embers are starting to burn low.  Right now we're full up on hate and self pity.  So thanks, but save the effort for when it will be better felt and more needed. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
But he'll run a motion offense that dax and belvis can beat off to.  The Phog won't be mean about our offense and THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Where the eff do you get this crap?  You think I am happy about this hire?  Just because an offense needs more movement doesn't mean I think K-State should run a motion offense.

You're one angry drunk [redacted] Chin, go kick the dog and beat your wife.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:56:16 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Where the eff do you this crap?  You think I am happy about this hire?  Just because an offense needs more movement doesn't mean I think K-State should run a motion offense.

You're one angry drunk [redacted] Chin, go kick the dog and beat your wife.

Dax, I've been waiting for you. Give me your thoughts.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Currie at presser "I found out from background check that oscar Weber cuts his own grass. We're going to find someone to cut his grass."

Frank  :dunno:

:lol: what a losery douche

FRANK CUTS OTHER PEOPLE'S GRASS IS WHAT THAT RACIST WAS GOING FOR