Author Topic: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread  (Read 56417 times)

Offline PikNik17

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »
I'm on the wagon.  Bring Pearl to Manhattan!  :driving:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
Ballplayers was adamant that oscar wanted the K-State job in 05, when Wooldridge was anticipated to be fired and Wefald vetoed Weiser to keep him around for an additional year.  He ended up at Tennesee instead.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
All in...

Offline Buttons

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2012, 08:51:17 AM »
We are going to rough ridin' do this.  Attack!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »
George Santayana once said "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

It has become a mantra that many people believe in...

But sometimes repeating the past does not bring condemnation...

In fact, it can bring great success...

"I found him to be very impressive and very candid. And I just thought, 'Well, K-State's not Tennessee,' "Schulz says. "We're going to provide a tremendous academic advising operation here ... and our compliance people know all the rules and regulations of the NCAA. And John Currie operates from the moral high ground. So we aren't going to have any NCAA violations."

Pearl, 52, is entering his 28th season as a college coach. "Hopefully I'm smarter," he says. "Hopefully, doing this for as long as I've done it, I've picked up some better ways to do things."

All this led to a remarkable clause in Coach Pearls’ new contract with Kansas State.  Under the agreement, Pearl would be guaranteed at least $1,500,000 per year for the first three years so long as he refrains from doing anything “which results in material injury to the reputation of the university.”

Currie really seems to believe that this time things will be different.  “A lot of our supporters think it has to be one or the other, win or do things right, but I don’t see why it has to be that way. We can do both. We will do both.”

"I am really excited about this. I am excited about this opportunity," Pearl said at the news conference in which his hiring was officially announced. "I do not know that I have ever been around nicer people, people more committed to doing things the right way. The more we talked, the more excited I got."

"With oscar Pearl here, the magic has returned," Schulz said. "We had reservations about everything you read about in the paper and all the things we've heard about for years. But when I met with him, we went through the whole thing and John met with key people with the NCAA about five times, just to make sure everything was OK.

"oscar Pearl is a great coach, and the thing I found out now that he's a really good friend of mine is he's very humorous. He's got one of the best sense of humors I've ever seen."

"I know we made the right choice," Schulz said. "Period. Amen. Good night."

Offline bigwilliesock

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »
We're not getting oscar you stupid rough ridin' dumbshits, give it a rest.  JFC this board is full of complete dumbasses  :facepalm:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2012, 08:57:06 AM »
We're not getting oscar you stupid rough ridin' dumbshits, give it a rest.  JFC this board is full of complete dumbasses  :facepalm:

You know what, BBSing is supposed to be fun.

And K-State fans of all people should know to "never say never".

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
George Santayana once said "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

It has become a mantra that many people believe in...

But sometimes repeating the past does not bring condemnation...

In fact, it can bring great success...

"I found him to be very impressive and very candid. And I just thought, 'Well, K-State's not Tennessee,' "Schulz says. "We're going to provide a tremendous academic advising operation here ... and our compliance people know all the rules and regulations of the NCAA. And John Currie operates from the moral high ground. So we aren't going to have any NCAA violations."

Pearl, 52, is entering his 28th season as a college coach. "Hopefully I'm smarter," he says. "Hopefully, doing this for as long as I've done it, I've picked up some better ways to do things."

All this led to a remarkable clause in Coach Pearls’ new contract with Kansas State.  Under the agreement, Pearl would be guaranteed at least $1,500,000 per year for the first three years so long as he refrains from doing anything “which results in material injury to the reputation of the university.”

Currie really seems to believe that this time things will be different.  “A lot of our supporters think it has to be one or the other, win or do things right, but I don’t see why it has to be that way. We can do both. We will do both.”

"I am really excited about this. I am excited about this opportunity," Pearl said at the news conference in which his hiring was officially announced. "I do not know that I have ever been around nicer people, people more committed to doing things the right way. The more we talked, the more excited I got."

"With oscar Pearl here, the magic has returned," Schulz said. "We had reservations about everything you read about in the paper and all the things we've heard about for years. But when I met with him, we went through the whole thing and John met with key people with the NCAA about five times, just to make sure everything was OK.

"oscar Pearl is a great coach, and the thing I found out now that he's a really good friend of mine is he's very humorous. He's got one of the best sense of humors I've ever seen."

"I know we made the right choice," Schulz said. "Period. Amen. Good night."

oh my. OH MY.

Now add a paragraph where Pearl spontaneously stands up during the middle of his news conference and does "K, S, U, WILDCATS"

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The official oscar Pearl talking points thread
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
I can only hope so!!

Offline PikNik17

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »
ok guys here's the scoop- i talked to my buddy who owns one of those airplane banner flying companies and he's agreed to fly a giant (think huge) "HIRE PEARL" banner over campus everyday next week for 2 hours for free (he's big time EMAW).

the question for you guys is this, what are the best two hours to do it?  must be consecutive hours!!  help me out EMAW, tell me when is best!!!

This would be amazing.  However, post pictures or it never happened.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
The official oscar Pearl talking points thread
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »
So, michiganCat...what time will you be calling into BITB to get the ball rolling with some talking points?  Do it today, before Currie makes an offer to Stankovich!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
Michigancat, when you call in today to BITB, try to time it so you follow up the townie from Topeka that suggests we go after Geno Auriemma.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
ok guys here's the scoop- i talked to my buddy who owns one of those airplane banner flying companies and he's agreed to fly a giant (think huge) "HIRE PEARL" banner over campus everyday next week for 2 hours for free (he's big time EMAW).

the question for you guys is this, what are the best two hours to do it?  must be consecutive hours!!  help me out EMAW, tell me when is best!!!

This would be amazing.  However, post pictures or it never happened.

i will post pictures, a ton of them!!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
We need to be sharing the crap out of this link.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
site should also have a hit counter.

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
Can we get that pearl in the goEMAW banner?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »
site should also have a hit counter.

A .gif that spins constantly.  And mad analytics yo, to see if the KSU AD has been visiting.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2012, 09:49:16 AM »

Stop being so negative Luke.  I mean, at some point our athletic dept has to do something other than be a complete disaster.  Got lucky with Snyder then replaced him with a complete disaster, then rehired him.  Hired Huggs  :love: , but then he left for home and we got lucky as shazbot! with Frank and our dumbass AD couldn't keep him.  Now here we are at one of those crossing points where everyone will either laugh at us (most likely scenario considering everyone in the AD is a dumbass) or they hire Pearl and everyone but dumbasses will be cheering for us.  I am hoping for the latter.   :ksu:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »

Stop being so negative Luke.  I mean, at some point our athletic dept has to do something other than be a complete disaster.  Got lucky with Snyder then replaced him with a complete disaster, then rehired him.  Hired Huggs  :love: , but then he left for home and we got lucky as shazbot! with Frank and our dumbass AD couldn't keep him.  Now here we are at one of those crossing points where everyone will either laugh at us (most likely scenario considering everyone in the AD is a dumbass) or they hire Pearl and everyone but dumbasses will be cheering for us.  I am hoping for the latter.   :ksu:

2scoopsluke a bigwillie sock fwiw

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
sec banned pearl from off campus recruiting for one year.  are the ncaa restrictions the same or do they include restrictions for on campus contact?

can't find anything that distinguishes on campus and off campus recruiting restrictions based on the ncaa sanctions