Author Topic: BITB  (Read 78456 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »
Well now you are covering up for a liar, who lied so bad you had to leave, but when he was giving you raises his lying was cool with you?  So loyal to the $$.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Not covering up crap, trying to deal with it.  Are you suggesting that people should quit their jobs the second they discover their boss is a shithead?  That isn't very loyal.

BTW I told myself this afternoon that I would not talk about this, because politics and religion, I'm not changing anyone's mind and no one is changing mine.  We might as well be talking about abortion.

Offline monumentcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »
Now if (big if, considering the Kietz source) he is trashing the K-State coaching job itself, by saying it is too hard to win here, then I do have a problem with that.  The K-State fans have done nothing but support and defend him. We have been nothing but loyal to him and his program. That would hurt. I hope that part is pure BS.

Wouldn't that make sense if you know he didn't win here :dunno:

Also in general fans of all schools/teams who get butthurt about someone saying "its hard to win there don't understand coaches and frankly all competitive and successful people.  I mean if you have a competitive bone in your body and someone tells you "you can't win there," I would hope you thought would be "yeah, YOU couldn't win there."  The only exception being if there is something very tangible holding you back from being competitive like an AD who won't financially support the program, horrible facilities, etc.  Unless you think K-State is in that boat, I wouldn't worry about someone saying its hard to win here.  Frank Martin would be the perfect example of that talking point being bullshit.
That's the thing, I don't have a problem with hearing it. Lord knows, we've heard it form Kruger to Altman to Asbury to Woolridge and it's always been a cop out.  I have a problem if (again big if) Frank is saying it, because he knows that is total bullshit.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
Well now you are covering up for a liar, who lied so bad you had to leave, but when he was giving you raises his lying was cool with you?  So loyal to the $$.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Not covering up crap, trying to deal with it.  Are you suggesting that people should quit their jobs the second they discover their boss is a shithead?  That isn't very loyal.

BTW I told myself this afternoon that I would not talk about this, because politics and religion, I'm not changing anyone's mind and no one is changing mine.  We might as well be talking about abortion.
For the record, some of the stuff you've said tonight has made me readjust my position on the issue a bit.  Earlier I was genuinely mad at Frank and thought he was being a total child.

Now, I've recognized that, understandably, he's acting self-interestedly, but considering the "loyalty" and his holistic coaching style  makes him look a bit like a buffoon, in hindsight.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »
Now if (big if, considering the Kietz source) he is trashing the K-State coaching job itself, by saying it is too hard to win here, then I do have a problem with that.  The K-State fans have done nothing but support and defend him. We have been nothing but loyal to him and his program. That would hurt. I hope that part is pure BS.

Wouldn't that make sense if you know he didn't win here :dunno:

Also in general fans of all schools/teams who get butthurt about someone saying "its hard to win there don't understand coaches and frankly all competitive and successful people.  I mean if you have a competitive bone in your body and someone tells you "you can't win there," I would hope you thought would be "yeah, YOU couldn't win there."  The only exception being if there is something very tangible holding you back from being competitive like an AD who won't financially support the program, horrible facilities, etc.  Unless you think K-State is in that boat, I wouldn't worry about someone saying its hard to win here.  Frank Martin would be the perfect example of that talking point being bullshit.
That's the thing, I don't have a problem with hearing it. Lord knows, we've heard it form Kruger to Altman to Asbury to Woolridge and it's always been a cop out.  I have a problem if (again big if) Frank is saying it, because he knows that is total bullshit.

Nothing would make Frank look dumber, nothing.  He's a basketball coach he doesn't work for NASA, maybe he is saying this, he'd be a damn fool if he did.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »

For the record, some of the stuff you've said tonight has made me readjust my position on the issue a bit.  Earlier I was genuinely mad at Frank and thought he was being a total child.

Now, I've recognized that, understandably, he's acting self-interestedly, but considering the "loyalty" and his holistic coaching style  makes him look a bit like a buffoon, in hindsight.

you're going to be a terrible lawyer.  FYI

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
Sure its fair.  All I know is that people every single quit jobs for whatever reason, jobs that they once thought that they would have "forever."  Just because Frank is rich, doesn't mean that he shouldn't feel and behave like the rest of us, IMHO.  He's a basketball coach I don't hold his actions, morality, or decision making in any more regard than I do my mechanic.
I completely understand that college basketball coaches, and specifically Frank, have a right to do whatever they want, whenever they want, for whatever reason they want.  We as fans, though, are allowed to say that, in some circumstances, they're hypocritical assholes for doing so.

I think this is one of those circumstances. 

Would you feel differently if he'd simply quit and chilled for a little bit or done tv for a year rather than immediately taking a new job?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:21 AM »

#AbortJohnCurrie

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:27 AM »

I've tried to look at this like Frank is a CPA or something, I may be totally wrong in taking this tact though.  I would say time will tell, but I don't think it will and it's likely that we're all correct.  I really hope tomorrow won't turn into a mud slinging session, it certainly won't serve Currie and Schultz well to do that, Frank has a job.  However, judging by the time we picked for our press conference I'm worried.

:cry: realizing I'm using terms like us and our and knowing Frank isn't included anymore.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
?
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 12:08:35 AM »

But maybe you are ACTUALLY being incredibly loyal to the school by exposing the liar who runs the AD?   :sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »

#AbortJohnCurrie

:surprised:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:20 AM »
I hope we drag Frank's name through the mud tomorrow at the presser, but unlike Frank, Currie is professional, so that won't happen.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »
you're going to be a terrible lawyer.  FYI
:rolleyes:

I think recognizing the merits in others' arguments is a healthy way to interact with people. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »
Frank on with BITB today. Soren playing a clip now.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »
Frank interview with BITB at 2:15. Son of BITB will not be an interviewer.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
Frank on BITB right now. 

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
Frank on BITB right now.

frank is lying scum. can't believe i ever loved him so dearly and blindly. :frown:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline PurplePride74

• Fucking Creep-o
  • Fan
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »
Frank on BITB right now.

frank is lying scum. can't believe i ever loved him so dearly and blindly. :frown:

I'm gunna throw my radio through my office window!!!! :chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw: :curse:
Na bean don chat gun lamhainn!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »
I couldn't listen.   :flush:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »
Non-answer after non-answer. Frank is lying his ass off.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »
at work.. please post play-by-play

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
Frank doesn't want to be called a liar.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »

He says he won't negotiate during the season. EXCEPT FOR THE ONLY OTHER TIME HE NEGOTIATED A CONTRACT BEFORE THIS YEAR.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32:08 PM »
"People always thing there is something wrong when people leave. I left for the challenge. Blah, blah, blah."

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »

:flush:

what is he supposed to say at this point?

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
good lord, at least Huggins didn't make an ass out of himself like Frank is right now... as much as Frank kisses Hugg's ass, you'd think that he'd at least try to act more like him in regards to leaving KSU  :flush: