Author Topic: BITB  (Read 79602 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BITB
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
yeah Gooch you have been here long enough.  you should be able to filter this crap by now.
:facepalm: with all the blind rage I got going right now towards all the tucks I am way off my game.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
I have noticed the more people tell you they are loyal and the more they tell you they are honest, the less they are of either.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
Did Frank say that the receipt was first found in the trash at Dillons and then later found again on the floor somewhere on campus?  If so, Currie is absolved.

Nick Wright asked him if he would have played Jamar. He avoided the question like a giant pussy.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
It's like Frank sat around and thought of all the criticisms he was going to get and just said "I'm not x, y, and z" without anyone even accusing him of it.  He and BITB are peas in a pod with how thin skinned they are.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
I have noticed the more people tell you they are loyal and the more they tell you they are honest, the less they are of either.

Preachy people are always the worst. THE WORST.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »

Imagine Frank as Christopher Walken

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »
dudes.  administrators are politicians.  coaches are used car salesmen.  both completely full of crap.  try not to be surprised next time.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
dudes.  administrators are politicians.  coaches are used car salesmen.  both completely full of crap.  try not to be surprised next time.
Yep.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »
And our (former) used car salesman has a track record of being extremely reactionary and emotional. A lot. There was a time where I enjoyed it because he was "ours", not so much anymore I guess.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »
some used car salesmen are worse than others

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
Really dislike Frank's repeated talking point (think ive heard it at least 3 times now) how he presided over the 5 most successful years in K-State history. How can you say that with no conference titles and no final 4's when we have like 20 and 4.

Small thing I know, but irritating.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Really dislike Frank's repeated talking point (think ive heard it at least 3 times now) how he presided over the 5 most successful years in K-State history. How can you say that with no conference titles and no final 4's when we have like 20 and 4.

Find 5 consecutive years that you would say were better.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »

Frank is one of the good ones.  Don't be like Johnny Butthurt KU Fan after Roy left, Rusty.  Time heals all wounds. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »

well, you could argue that 1957-1961 were better. (we won the big 8 4 years in a row.) but I doubt we won as many games as Frank won. They play a lot more games now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »

Frank is one of the good ones.  Don't be like Johnny Butthurt KU Fan after Roy left, Rusty.  Time heals all wounds. 

I knew he was going to leave. I think he made a bad decision that will cost him a lot of money/prestige in the long run, but I always knew he was going to leave.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »

Take any year we won a conference title and add or subtract 4. There are 19 different times you could do that. All those were better.

Of course I like winning championships.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »
Meh... I'll give Frank a pass on the 5 best years, because for a good portion of our living fanbase the last 5 years have been the best ever for them.

Titles and Final Fours are great, would give a hell of a lot of money to have more of them, but there's a lot to be said for getting the program to the national stage in this era. Frank did that, and I'll be forever grateful. I pray the next coach is capable of doing the same.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2012, 07:27:01 PM »

Little bit different scenarios.  It's ridiculous to be butthurt about Roy, because it's his alma mater and where his coaching career really took off. Plus he had turned the job down before.

Frank has no ties to South Carolina and jumped ship amidst this shitstorm. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
The roy butthurt was absurd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »
ku fans hate dean smith more than roy because he wore a unc shirt to a ku game a few years ago.

it's not like it's a rational fanbase.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »

Little bit different scenarios.  It's ridiculous to be butthurt about Roy, because it's his alma mater and where his coaching career really took off. Plus he had turned the job down before.

Frank has no ties to South Carolina and jumped ship amidst this shitstorm.

Not to mention it was where he was born and he took over a team on probation at KU when the other top candidates passed it up. If Frank would've gone to Miami last year I think people would have a completely different opinion.

As far as comparing these last 5 years to another 5 years, it's kind of hard due to the differences in eras and the fact that most of us didn't see it. I think it's hard to argue that Tex wasn't the most successful coach. Hartman had good years and a couple good 5 year runs, but crap was different back then. Hell, he went 11-3 in the conference a couple times and didn't make the tournament. Frank was successful though, I liked him even though he was frustrating at times, and I'd probably welcome him back. Like Gardner, maybe Frank will come back after Currie is gone and the "war" is over. Right now though it's hard to be real happy about the way he left.

I'd just like to see Honest Frank explain the real reasons for leaving. It's easy to be honest without being completely disparaging. He can voice his reasons without trashing Currie or KSU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
Did Frank say that the receipt was first found in the trash at Dillons and then later found again on the floor somewhere on campus?  If so, Currie is absolved.

Nick Wright asked him if he would have played Jamar. He avoided the question like a giant pussy.

you need to take a break

I understand many of you are freaking out because you're hurt. but JFC attempt to get a grip, my god.

I knew he was going to leave. I think he made a bad decision that will cost him a lot of money/prestige in the long run, but I always knew he was going to leave.

That is well reasoned and completely rational, why have the rest of your posts on the topic sound like they are from a divorcee who got taken for everything.  You seem to take this really personally.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »

You would think grown men wouldn't treat other grown men like how we thought of superman when we were 6.

Also for those who didn't hear it the Nick Wright interview was much better than Keitzman's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: BITB
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »

you need to take a break

I understand many of you are freaking out because you're hurt. but JFC attempt to get a grip, my god.

That is well reasoned and completely rational, why have the rest of your posts on the topic sound like they are from a divorcee who got taken for everything.  You seem to take this really personally.

Oh eff off mir. I made fun of Frank's bullshit when he was our coach, I'm allowed to mock him a little when he leaves.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

You would think grown men wouldn't treat other grown men like how we thought of superman when we were 6.

Also for those who didn't hear it the Nick Wright interview was much better than Keitzman's.

You could tell that Nick wanted to ask the "hard hitting" questions, but the two are so buddy buddy that he wouldn't.  Off air I'm sure it'd have been completely different.