Author Topic: elite sw kansas reminiscing  (Read 29193 times)

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Re: elite sw kansas reminiscing
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
Drinkin' at the spot/bridge when there were no house parties.

Going to best friend's house Friday night and staying there till late afternoon Sunday.

Setting up shop at random abandoned house when there were no parties.

Eating the Starvin' Marvin breakfast combo at local cafe after early morning weigh-in for wrestling.

Getting the ticket from hottie working the scales at the co op during wheat harvest.

Bashing mailboxes.

Putting roadkill in head football coach's mailbox.

Splodin' crap

Hopping the fence at the community pool after 2 a days.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:54:21 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »

Also eff MIR for putting Syracuse above Johnson. 

Was once called a n-word while attending a wedding in Manter, so I hold that against all of Stanton County, and I dated a girl from Syracuse for about 15 minutes.  There was a very nice, very elite cross country coach from SCHS who won a ton of state championships, don't remember his name.  Also I never played on a golf course with dirt greens, but I did run on several.  Tribune was the worst and their medals looked like a rabid jackrabbit.  Stanton County had a nice course :thumbsup:

Coach Morris. Yes he won a shitload of championships, but he was also batshit crazy.  He was my "boy's health" teacher, science teacher, and driver's ed teacher.  He's been then there so long he taught my dad in high school.  :sdeek:  By the end he had so much tenure that he basically just told everybody to eff off and he did whatever he wanted.  Pretty hilarious.

That sucks about what happened in Manter, but you could've easily heard the exact same thing at literally every town in SWKS...but I'm assuming you realize that.  Whose wedding was it?  :ohno:

Our municipal golf course was the crap while I was in high school (partly thanks to me  :gocho:) until the groundskeeper got run because his wife was a huge $!#* and everyone hated her.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:13 PM »
Any of you dudes ever go to Woodward, OK?  Surprisingly nice.
got family there, hated playing in their yards.  Those sticker things, my god.  Get dyson to invent a yard vacuum.  Go boomers, btw.

Those stickers are a way of life for SWKS, NWOK, Texas Panhandle, NENM, and the horribly awful Eastern Colorado.  The drive from SWKS to Colorado Springs falls off into hell after Syracuse.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

Also eff MIR for putting Syracuse above Johnson. 

Was once called a n-word while attending a wedding in Manter, so I hold that against all of Stanton County, and I dated a girl from Syracuse for about 15 minutes.  There was a very nice, very elite cross country coach from SCHS who won a ton of state championships, don't remember his name.  Also I never played on a golf course with dirt greens, but I did run on several.  Tribune was the worst and their medals looked like a rabid jackrabbit.  Stanton County had a nice course :thumbsup:

Coach Morris. Yes he won a shitload of championships, but he was also batshit crazy.  He was my "boy's health" teacher, science teacher, and driver's ed teacher.  He's been then there so long he taught my dad in high school.  :sdeek:  By the end he had so much tenure that he basically just told everybody to eff off and he did whatever he wanted.  Pretty hilarious.

That sucks about what happened in Manter, but you could've easily heard the exact same thing at literally every town in SWKS...but I'm assuming you realize that.  Whose wedding was it?  :ohno:

Our municipal golf course was the crap while I was in high school (partly thanks to me  :gocho:) until the groundskeeper got run because his wife was a huge $!#* and everyone hated her.

The wedding was the aunt of my best friend, her name was Rita something the wedding was like 15 years ago.  Believe it or not it was the only time I was called a n-word in SWKS.  I actually thought it was funny, it was just some tough acting losers who drove like a block away from the church when they did it.  That Coach Morris guy never acted crazy when I saw him at CC meets, he was/is??? a nice dude.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2012, 11:13:35 PM »
one of my favorite people to meet in college was from tribune.  anything i know of small towns i learned from him, and over 8 years have eventually met all 16 people in his graduating class.

most important thing i learned from him is that small town girls are really easy.  jesus christ it's like night and day between regular girls.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
And in the ads they had people from elite towns like GC and Sublette waiving and unnecessarily added people from shitty places like Meade and Liberal.

I would like the cities of SWKS ranked.

MIRs SWKS power rankings 3A-6A
1.  Garden City
2.  Dodge City
3.  Scott City
4.  Pratt
5.  Hugoton
6.  Larned
7.  Liberal
8.  Ulysses
9.  Lakin
10. Cimarron
11. Hosington
12. Holcomb

2-1A
1.  Sublette
2.  Syracuse
3.  Jetmore
4.  Ashland
5.  Meade
6.  Dighton
7.  Ingalls
8.  Johnson City
9.  Montezuma
10. Ness City

Where is Fowler on that list?  There is no party I've been to like a Fowler party

If I list Fowler, I have to list other towns like Pierceville, Friend, Tennis, Healy, Logan, and Ford.  In retrospect Ingalls shouldn't have been on the list, but I love Ingalls.

We love you back, MIR.

Being equidistant (thanks sys) from GC and DC I can make a judgement, and its really close. The wagon in Dodge City's McDonalds puts it over the top.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
And in the ads they had people from elite towns like GC and Sublette waiving and unnecessarily added people from shitty places like Meade and Liberal.

1.  Garden City
2.  Dodge City
3.  Scott City
4.  Pratt
5.  Hugoton
6.  Larned
7.  Liberal
8.  Ulysses
9.  Lakin
10. Cimarron
11. Hosington
12. Holcomb

2-1A
1.  Sublette
2.  Syracuse
3.  Jetmore
4.  Ashland
5.  Meade
6.  Dighton
7.  Ingalls
8.  Johnson City
9.  Montezuma
10. Ness City

Where is Fowler on that list?  There is no party I've been to like a Fowler party

If I list Fowler, I have to list other towns like Pierceville, Friend, Tennis, Healy, Logan, and Ford.  In retrospect Ingalls shouldn't have been on the list, but I love Ingalls.

We love you back, MIR.

Being equidistant (thanks sys) from GC and DC I can make a judgement, and its really close. The wagon in Dodge City's McDonalds puts it over the top.

burn in hell, ingalls boy.  bucklin is better than ingalls (elite swks slam)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
my junior year after the hatchet game there was a huge GC/DC fight in that McDonald's and that wagon was severely damaged.

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »

1.  Garden City
2.  Dodge City
3.  Scott City
4.  Pratt
5.  Hugoton
6.  Larned
7.  Liberal
8.  Ulysses
9.  Lakin
10. Cimarron
11. Hosington
12. Holcomb

2-1A
1.  Sublette
2.  Syracuse
3.  Jetmore
4.  Ashland
5.  Meade
6.  Dighton
7.  Ingalls
8.  Johnson City
9.  Montezuma
10. Ness City

We love you back, MIR.

Sure as hell don't see Bucklin anywhere on that list. PS-your baseball fields suck.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:55:09 PM by BW »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
driving down 400 and wondering how much crap has been added to that collection of "art" on the west side of Mullinville since the last time you drove by.

This guy has built a new sign and put it up in Mullinville.  It reads "City Counsil Guestapo" and has 3 swastikas.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

1.  Garden City
2.  Dodge City
3.  Scott City
4.  Pratt
5.  Hugoton
6.  Larned
7.  Liberal
8.  Ulysses
9.  Lakin
10. Cimarron
11. Hosington
12. Holcomb

2-1A
1.  Sublette
2.  Syracuse
3.  Jetmore
4.  Ashland
5.  Meade
6.  Dighton
7.  Ingalls
8.  Johnson City
9.  Montezuma
10. Ness City

We love you back, MIR.

Sure as hell don't see Bucklin anywhere on that list. PS-your baseball fields suck.

i'm not from bucklin, dork.  bucklin doesn't even have the internet.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »
Here is my Dighton story;
Went out with my dad and a friend with his brother and dad for pheasant hunting.  Stayed at some farm house (with no TV).  The farmer had a daughter who turned out to be pretty cute, but too young.  Fast forward a few years, same sitch, but now farmers daughter is not too young.  Friend and I discussed fact that girl should be all grown up now.  We drive several hours anxious to meet Betty Lou or whatever her name was, we pull into the driveway and the girl had put on prob. 40 lbs.  Very disappoint.  Her friends came over to see the new boys in town and we went to some basement to watch a movie (TV yay!), but none were worth pursuing.  Some of the local boys also came by and obv. felt threatened and put on a little show.  They were ignored and went on their way.  Uneventful rest of night followed by shooting many pheasants.  The End
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
Went out with my dad and a friend with his brother and dad for pheasant hunting.  Stayed at some farm house (with no TV).  The farmer had a daughter who turned out to be pretty cute, but too young.  Fast forward a few years, same sitch, but now farmers daughter is not too young.  Friend and I discussed fact that girl should be all grown up now.  We drive several hours anxious to meet Betty Lou or whatever her name was, we pull into the driveway and the girl had put on prob. 40 lbs.  Very disappoint.  Her friends came over to see the new boys in town and we went to some basement to watch a movie (TV yay!), but none were worth pursuing.  Some of the local boys also came by and obv. felt threatened and put on a little show.  They were ignored and went on their way.  Uneventful rest of night followed by shooting many pheasants.  The End

Really a unique story here about guys not scoring and girls putting on weight

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2012, 05:31:01 PM »

well, I mean, he summed up Dighton pretty well though.  if you want someone to paint a picture of Dighton I'd challenge you to find a better one.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

well, I mean, he summed up Dighton pretty well though.  if you want someone to paint a picture of Dighton I'd challenge you to find a better one.

I'll do some painting at the next pak.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
I know nothing about SW Kansas but it seems fascinating in a "they could make a show about it on A&E" type of way.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »
Looking to vaca back to SWK before I go back to school.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2012, 08:34:20 PM »
Any of who went to GCCC and transferred class to KSU, you can thank my grandfather. He and my great uncle are the one who got KSU to start accepting GCCC classes.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »
thanks, thehamburglar's grandpa!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:50 PM »
driving down 400 and wondering how much crap has been added to that collection of "art" on the west side of Mullinville since the last time you drove by.

This guy has built a new sign and put it up in Mullinville.  It reads "City Counsil Guestapo" and has 3 swastikas.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »
There may or may not be one of those "sculptures" depicting Trim.  :peek:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »
Dr. Spaceman and I drove that antique tractor he keeps honking.  :cool:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2012, 08:56:36 AM »
Stopping tee-ball/Little League games mid pitch because "the river is running!!!"

Getting dominated by NE Kansas private schools at State and proclaiming that they recruit.   :shakesfist:

Ridin' in the river.

Having nicknames in HS for towns like:
Hogtown = Hugoton
Useless = Ulysses
Condom City = Johnson City

Being in a car with 50+ MPH crosswinds with a first timer.

Tumbleweeds as big as small cars.

Having some counties on the border in Mountain Time and making a huge deal out of it when you have to travel out there.

Having one bar in the entire county.

The drive to Elkhart.

"The Turnaround" / Bustin' a cruise

Explaning to people what that mysterious smell is (feedyards, packer incinerators, etc.)

Trying to justify SWKS when people are like "This. is SWKS...?"

Scanning through the radio and getting two country, two rock, one Christian, and five Hispanic stations.

Grain chaff EVERYWHERE.   :runaway:

Having State tennis at the end of May when it's 103 with 45+ MPH winds and listening to easterners piss and moan all day about how "it's so hot, dry, and windy out here.  Why would anyone want to live out here?" and then having someone retort "Listen, it could be a lot worse - we could have a feedyard south of us."  And everyone laughs, but not the easterners because they don't get it.   

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »
my junior year after the hatchet game there was a huge GC/DC fight in that McDonald's and that wagon was severely damaged.

http://www.dodgeglobe.com/news/20170513/mcdonalds-closes-for-renovations

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
I drove through dodge a few weeks ago and saw that. Good riddance, stupid wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk